Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1f010716.jpg

i hope this is working , i wrote the size in cm so you have to adjust it , also leave 1cm extra on your fabric so you can stitch it easely , except by the mouche you don't have to do that , please try and let me know if you have questions , good luck !
    Lots of DUFFY and SHellie May love !

Sorry something went wrong know you got the hole album i think , but i hope the pattern is fine greetings

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That's a good start, DSM, but the pattern needs to show us how to do the details, like adding trim/piping and doing the quilted sections on the seatback. Those are the hard parts that really require instruction!

It also needs to have organized, step-by-step instructions from cutting the material to assembling the pieces. What kind of thread and needle should we use? If on a machine, what kind of foot and stitch?Which things do we sew first? Which side do we start with? Isn't the back/outer piece a separate layer, with quilt stuffing in between, and won't the facing seatback fabric be larger, since it has to be gathered in places for the quilting? Where are the seams? How do we hide the seams on the edges with trim? We have to be able to read your pattern and instructions and make this thing!

Did you sew the seatback yourself, or is it a found object that you attached to the base, and then simply added the straps? It's great either way, but this is a good example to make it clear what DCC is all about. If you just happened to find pieces that were the right size, that's awesome; it's a great-looking project. Please let us know at least the manufacturers of the component parts. But to really count for DCC, it has to be something you can reproduce for others, or something with instructions that make it reproducible from scratch.

The goal with DCC is to jump start the "Cape Cod Cottage" culture of industrious fans adding to the Duffy mix. It's fun to see your thing and we can say, "Yeah, that's great! Nice work! Neat project!" But if we can't make (or order, from you) one just like it (or edit the pattern as we see fit), it misses the point of DCC. Am I being clear enough about what DCC is? Please give me feedback if not, or explain better if you think you get it and can say it more simply — thanks in advance!^^

From-scratch reproduction is the rule for clothes/bags/straps/etc…construction projects. Graphics projects like photo stories, calendars, printed (not constructed) bags, etc must be available through a site like Mixbook or Zazzle, or made to order printed with very high standards, from you. Mixbook has recently released a book that does virtually "seamless" two-page spreads, very exciting!

Also, I'm not sure what "mouche" means…?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Hi DUFFYD , thank you , but i did really make it from scratch and my won imaginagen for How to do work everything off . The quilten effect you can also get by using a normal sewingmachine that,s not a problem . But you need mouche for it ,in Belgium we call it " schuimrubber" . But ok i will try to explain it step by step but it's not easy because of the language barrières . So you will hear from me again and hopefully you can put your won one togheter . Greetings

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFY SHELLIE MAY View Post
    …i did really make it from scratch and my won imaginagen for How to do work everything off . The quilten effect you can also get by using a normal sewingmachine that,s not a problem . But you need mouche for it…
    I'm so happy to hear you made it from scratch! That's what matters. That means you know how you made it. All of us working together, I'm sure we can get an English version of the instructions made! For starters, "schuimrubber" is "foam rubber" in English! FUN!^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I'm so happy to hear you made it from scratch! That's what matters. That means you know how you made it. All of us working together, I'm sure we can get an English version of the instructions made! For starters, "schuimrubber" is "foam rubber" in English! FUN!^^

Great haha , i'm gona write it first in Dutch and than in english , heeeeeelp

• <45 days

Google translator may be of great help here as well.
    I was at JoAnn fabrics yesterday and was eyeing up roping that could be used for trim, like what you were commenting, DuffyD.

When at BAB, there was some Bjorn like carrier. My daughter (who is now entering an "I want this" and whining if not getting phase) was begging for it. I was like, "No, I could make that!" All along, thinking of the beautiful item shown here by DSM.

My question: How heavy or awkward is it when loaded with 2 bears?
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 06-08-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Hi , i' m glad you like the bag too , for me it is not heavy , i don' t know How Much the bears weight is but i think the bag it self is less then 1kg , i think , because you don't have to use heavy materials , but i keep you posted when i know more , i will put the bears and the bag on a weight scale and then i let you know greetings x

• Bear at Heart

I used to make baby slings and ABCs (Asian style baby carriers) out of my home to make a little extra money when my son was a baby. They are sized for babies up to a year old so I bet they'd fit Duffy and Shellie May. Slings might be a little awkward but the ABC carrier could work. I'll see if I can dig up my son's old baby slings and try them out with Duffy and Shellie and take some pics. I can already imagine the possibilities with all the cute fabrics I could use for them!

Hi everyone ,
    i have tried to write it down in english and i hope i didn't make a lot of mistakes ! So here it goes .
    How to make a sttingbag for DUFFY and Shellir May !

Instructions !
    You begin with the sitting.
    *Take your fabric with the good site inside , you pin the 2pieces togheter ,you stitch it togheter with a normal stitch, presser foot width .

*Than you turn it inside out , so,you don't see the stitch anymore, ironing it and than you put the foam rubber inside . Than you fold the fabric 1cm inside pin it togheter and stitch it.
    If you want to give it a quilting effect you can do that by stitching some straith mines on the sitting . Put the sitting a side .

*Take the fabric for the front and the back , good side facing together , pin it and stitch it with a normal stitch, presser foot width.
    * Than you turn it inside out so you don't see the stitch no more , ironing it and than you put the foam rubber inside . Than you fold the end of the fabric 1cm inside , pin it together and stitch it. If you want the quilted effect you can give it stitches with the machine in straight lines , i made 6 but you can make als many as you like .

*The sitting and the back or now done .
    You can put both pieces together now , starting in front of the sitting and pin it all around so you end on the other side off the sitting , they must fit nicely , if not you must see that the beginning and the ending or correct and fit the rest to the sitting.
    *To finish it off you can use a piece off fabric about 4cm width , make sure you start atatching it on the underside , once that's done you pin your fabric nicely to the above side folding the fabric 1cm inside and stitch it so you have a nice finish .
    You can do this also to the back as a finish .
    If you use wrope you have to sew it on by hand .

*Than the straps: make tunnels of the straps , turn them inside out , at both ends you fold them 1cm inwards and stitch it .
    so now the straps are done and you can attach them to your sitting and your back .
    For the back , put DUFFY and Shellie in the seat , take your big strap so you feel your DUFFY and SHellie are comfortable and pin them on the wright place , than stitch them to the back . You will see it is a to long but you have to stitch them good on the inside .

*Now you take the small straps , DUFFY and SHellie back in the seat and you pin the small straps on the wright place . 1 between DUFFY and SHellie , in the middle pin it , 1 between duffy's legs , so he can't fall out and 1 between SHellie 's legs so she can't fall out once the straps are on the wright place, stitch them

I put also a strap in the middle of the big strap and the back , between DUFFY and SHellie .
    You can do this by making a tunnel and using elastic that is the same width as your tunnel , don't make it to long, it needs to be a bit smaller so it stretches when you put DUFFY and SHellie in it , fold 1end of the tunnel 1cm inwards and stitch it , make sure you don't see the elastic , this side you can now stitch on the back then you put DUFFY and SHellie back in there seat and try to fit it so it is not to small and not to big , the bears may not fall. Once the wright size , cut a piece of the elastic and stitch it to the inside of the big strap in the middle, backside.

Now your sittingbag is finished.
    To hang it on your belly you have multiple options= you can use the straps of an old backpack give it a tunnel with your fabric and stitch it on the back , you can use wrope that you sew on the back or you make tunnels like the straps and use a click system you can buy or use from something old you not use anymore

So, I think this is it , good luck and have fun making it !!!

[IMG][/IMG]

this is the finished sittingbag when you have it on your belly

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

^^ That is so cute!! ^^

• Bear at Heart

That is super cute! They look pretty comfy and secure in there. Nicely done.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast