Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

Thank you , it is really nice to carrie them around this way , you have your both hands Fred and you don't have to worry that anyone cut steel them because they are in front of you !
    Lots of DUFFY and SHellie May love !

• I Heart ShellieMay!

That carrier looks great, DSM! You're talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    That carrier looks great, DSM! You're talented!

Thanks. I do my best !..
    Lots of DUFFY and SHellie May love !

Hello guys! I am hoping this was the right place to post this. As mentioned in a previous post, I am planning on designing and knitting some bear-sized sweaters for Duffy (and Shellie May). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing my patterns or pre-made sweaters once I actually start knitting them.

Right now I am working on a grey version of the cabled sweater I made my Duffy (this pattern), and I hope that once I get back into the swing of knitting that I will be able to work on some of my ideas.

My current plans are (with some example pictures taken from similar projects on ravelry):
    ★ A simple striped sweaterdress, similar to this
    ★ A "scrappy" multicolored cardigan, similar to this
    ★ A full long-sleeved cardigan-version of this sweatervest I made
    ★ A lace sweater or cardigan (with hood, most likely) based off of this or this lace pattern

I really wanted to give away my patterns for free, but right now that doesn't seem like much of an option. If anyone is interested in purchasing a pattern or physical version of any of the ideas for sweaters I have, I will get to work on them straight away. Cost will be negotiable (yet inexpensive!) and I am willing to work in multiple sizes (12", 17", etc). Additionally, if you have an idea of a sweater you would like for your own bear, I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on a custom item!

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    Hello guys! I am hoping this was the right place to post this. As mentioned in a previous post, I am planning on designing and knitting some bear-sized sweaters for Duffy (and Shellie May). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing my patterns or pre-made sweaters once I actually start knitting them.

Right now I am working on a grey version of the cabled sweater I made my Duffy (this pattern), and I hope that once I get back into the swing of knitting that I will be able to work on some of my ideas.

My current plans are (with some example pictures taken from similar projects on ravelry):
    ★ A simple striped sweaterdress, similar to this
    ★ A "scrappy" multicolored cardigan, similar to this
    ★ A full long-sleeved cardigan-version of this sweatervest I made
    ★ A lace sweater or cardigan (with hood, most likely) based off of this or this lace pattern

I really wanted to give away my patterns for free, but right now that doesn't seem like much of an option. If anyone is interested in purchasing a pattern or physical version of any of the ideas for sweaters I have, I will get to work on them straight away. Cost will be negotiable (yet inexpensive!) and I am willing to work in multiple sizes (12", 17", etc). Additionally, if you have an idea of a sweater you would like for your own bear, I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on a custom item!
    Oh, I'd really like to see that sailboat sweatervest with a hood! Would that be possible? And I can pick the colors? Oh, FUN!

Also, I didn't mean you can't give away the patterns for free if you really want to. Of course that's not my decision to make. I just wanted to encourage people to think that their work was worth something to the community, and I wanted to encourage all of us to support folks who work to contribute something at a level worth paying for. Of course you can give away your patterns if you really want to, but I hope you'll accept payment for your time and materials for custom items at least. If so, and if getting a hooded Sailboat cardigan is possible, I'm already interested.

I'd just wanna see finished test versions of each one actually made to Duffy's size so that I can see how they fit. Also, my own Duffy is not "squishy, but rather firmly stuffed, so something that just fits over his big head may be a little tough, depending on the size of the neck hole. I'd really have to see it finished first. I can't wait!

Well, I meant more that my financial situation right now makes it a bit impossible. Living on work-study wages is much much harder than expected, haha. And the only reason why I am so awkward about receiving payment is because I'm a bit shy about skills that I have, I guess? It feels weird to be paid for something that I enjoy doing, even if I am good at it.

But yes, I could totally do a sailboat sweater with a hood! And, as long as I have the colors or can get them, I could definitely do it in whatever color you'd like. I might just amend my Duffy's sweatervest to see how it looks with a hood so I don't have to reknit the whole thing since I quite like the idea as well!

I'd just need to figure out some sort of pattern for a properly-sized hood, but I could take a look at some patterns and figure it out. I'm definitely going to make prototypes before I think about sending one to someone so that they can see if they like the idea or not unless it's a custom item based on one of their ideas. The good thing about knitting is that it stretches, and I've found that so far all of the sweaters I've made fit really well over his head, unlike most of the sewn items I've made, which I end up putting on from the bottom up.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Setavulos,
    you can count me in on some finished items. I cannot knit. Of the items above, I really like the striped sweater dress, the sailboat sweater (which you already know), and the 2nd lace design.

Do you happen to have a puppet Duffy? I'd love something in that size.

There is no need to feel awkward about being paid for work you do...it is how we all pay our bills. It is better when we are paid for things we LIKE to do.
    ILG

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Setavulos,
    you can count me in on some finished items. I cannot knit. Of the items above, I really like the striped sweater dress, the sailboat sweater (which you already know), and the 2nd lace design.

Do you happen to have a puppet Duffy? I'd love something in that size.

There is no need to feel awkward about being paid for work you do...it is how we all pay our bills. It is better when we are paid for things we LIKE to do.
    ILG
    If you were to send me some measurements, I would be more than glad to knit you something in that size! As mentioned in either this thread or the Share Pictures of Duffy thread, I'm definitely going to make prototypes in the 17" size of the ideas that I have, so if you would like to see them once they are done, I will be posting them here as examples. I'll probably also be willing to sell off my prototypes, so if you end up being very fond of them that is no problem at all!

If you'd like something for your puppet Duffy, you should post or PM me the measurements in the picture attached.

Also, just as a general note, I will be working on prototypes over the next few days. Right now I'm working on the grey cabled sweater mentioned, and then I will be doing a hood pattern to figure out what I'd like to do for that, and then I think I will do the striped sweaterdress. So that's where I'm going for right about now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    ...And the only reason why I am so awkward about receiving payment is because I'm a bit shy about skills that I have, I guess? It feels weird to be paid for something that I enjoy doing, even if I am good at it.
    Yeah, I totally understand that feeling, but once you're making ten sweaters and going to work and going to class and feeling overwhelmed at wanting to do all of those things well with 100% attention, you'll realize that you deserve it, and that it would be hard to keep doing it for others without some kind of compensation. I'd rather pay you than have you be overwhelmed and say "no." Plus, I'd rather support someone who's good at what they love than give someone money for something they don't care much about who's just taking advantage of the fact that I love it.

Setavulos,
    You can definitely count me in when you start making your products.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm definitely/someday looking for a sweater vest for 12" Duffy similar to the man's sweater here:

(Which looks a bit similar to the first Spring Voyage sweater, actually, but I assume there's no medallion and it looks way lower.)

Hi guys! I'm glad that so many of you have been interested in my project. I have created a form so that it will be easier to organize and remember who would like what. If you are interested in a custom item, please fill out this form. Don't feel limited to the ideas that I posted above. If there is something you would like, I can make it! Hat? Yeah! Sweater? Definitely! Knitted tights? Sure, why not! Anything you can think of that I can make with sticks and string, I will make for you.

I'm going to be working on the patterns that I was interested in creating myself (the ones that I posted above), but if you want something else (or even if you want one of those ideas), just let me know through my form and I will see what I can make. I'll probably work back and forth between creating patterns for new items and working on custom items. I'm going down to my mother's house this weekend, so I should hopefully be able to get some work done there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm definitely/someday looking for a sweater vest for 12" Duffy similar to the man's sweater here:

(Which looks a bit similar to the first Spring Voyage sweater, actually, but I assume there's no medallion and it looks way lower.)
    Eeee-va, where was this photo taken? That is so much like Duffy's inaugural SV sweater — and the hat, too!

And setavulos, while the form is somewhat helpful, I'd like to know cost before agreeing to buy or sending my information and details. Can you tell us how much for, say, a Sailor Sweater? Or a Reindeer Hat? Those two both seem popular.

And just personally, I don't really like the tipping system. I would only want to pay the base price, figuring that it includes what you've decided it's worth to you to make the items. If I have to decide myself, I don't know how much is really reasonable, so I'd do what's best for me and pay the base. However, because there is the unlimited option to pay more to help someone with "life and school," I'd feel somewhat guilty. This makes me uncomfortable.

In the beginning I thought of doing Duffy Post like that, but it quickly became apparent, for me at least, that it's better for everyone to have money things very clear. I'd rather know how much the sweater will cost upfront, then decide whether I'm willing to spend that or not, with no nagging feeling that I had either under- or overpaid.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-02-2013 at 03:42 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Eeee-va, where was this photo taken? That is so much like Duffy's inaugural SV sweater — and the hat, too!
    It's on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure! That area of the park actually opened in June 2012, near the end of Spring Voyage 2012 But I imagine it took a while to make the tiles so I don't THINK they created the tile with Duffy in mind.

(I never would've seen it that trip, except I got stopped for a survey (they asked me for SO MANY that trip). They even took me back into Guest Relations to take a survey on the computer and everything. Pretty cool! I'd love to "Disneybound" as the woman and dress Duffy up as the man...I was tempted to buy a Smiling Spring Voyage Duffy that was on eBay for a decent price (because it was in the US so cheap shipping) and cute, but I didn't want him to take my attention away from my other Duffies, since he'd be very similar in size and function. )

I bet setavulos can make you that sweater, and that would be more fun and special anyways!

Oh! Oh! Setavulos, do you think if I sent you my SV sweater you could swap out the yellow stripe and put a new brown one in? I have no idea how hard that is… I would fluffing LOVE that!! I really wanted to do it myself, but it looks hard, cos there's a texture to it. Maybe I'll look for tutorials first, but it would be great to know someone can fix it if I fail miserably!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast