Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

Setavulos' sweater vest is here! Also a Jayne hat. So cute! Now I need to just not be lazy and make some (separate) clothes to match the vest and the hat.

OMG that Jayne hat is too cute!!! Now will you make a little browncoat for Duffy!?

And the sweater vest is awesome! Such a perfect fit and a very versatile color.

LOVE the hat! And I agree with madoka, Where's the browncoat?
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

You already saw Eeee-va's items on her bear, but this is what they look like off his body. I agree with the others, he needs a browncoat! Also you were totally right about the ear holes, Eeee-va, it looks great with his ears sticking out.

This is one project I've had sitting around on my table. It's much like this sweater I made my Duffy but I haven't decided whether to make it a full sweater or a sweatervest yet. If someone is interested in it (for either sweater or sweatervest) let me know and I can finish it for you. It's a 17" sweater in a warmer light grey than the picture shows.

I am also hoping to go to an event soon in the city called a "Maker Celebration" (technically I have to apply, but I heard they are very very desperate for people so I feel like it won't be a problem to get in) which is an event held by the library here where patrons and mentors get to show off things that they have made! So this week I will probably be knitting a lot to get some stuff finished before then so I don't just bring Works in Progress, haha.

Current projects on my list are: an oozma kappa sweater for my Duffy (1/3 finished) and the simple striped sweater (doing a sweater instead of a longer sweaterdress to save me time). I haven't felt up to making anything complicated like the lace or the cardigan, mainly because I don't feel like that is something I would want to keep for myself.

• Happy Spring!

Setavulos, I'll take it as a vest. I would try to make it to the event, but I'm going away next weekend. ILG

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I saw these and just had to share...

Someone in Japan made these AMAZING elaborate Captain Jack Sparrow and Angelica costumes for Duffy & Shellie May. They're for sale on Amazon Japan for ・12,000 each! But when you see how detailed they are and how many pieces there are to each costume, you can see why they're so spendy.

Link to the Jack Sparrow costume:
    Amazon.co.jp: Duffy ダッフィー シェリーメイ パイレーツオブカリビアン ジャック・スパロウ 海賊 コスチューム 衣装 コスプレ: おもちゃ

And the Angelica costume:
    Amazon.co.jp: Duffy ダッフィー シェリーメイ パイレーツオブカリビアン アンジェリカ 女海賊 コスチューム 衣装 コスプレ: おもちゃ

Now those are some crazy costumes! The hats for both are exceptional!

My parents are coming to visit us the first of October and my mother is bringing me her sewing machine! I'm very excited to start with some small things to try and learn how to sew. Maybe I can make some cute tshirts for the bears to start with! I cannot wait, but I'm sure it will take me a little time to learn. I'll keep you guys updated!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

How exciting, Naelyan! I've been meaning to make up T-shirt patterns (I need to make some for magnet Duffys) but haven't gotten around to it. Knits/stretchy fabrics can be challenging to sew on a machine, so I wouldn't personally start with them. If I recall correctly, there is a good tutorial here on making skirts for strap-sized bears; the idea could be modified to any size bear.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see what you sew for your bears!

• Happy Spring!

I made this flannel shirt from scratch, without a pattern. It proved very challenging, but the end product was good. Not without flaws, but really good.

Thanks for the heads up, Eee-va! I'll have to look for those patterns! I didn't even think about making clothes for my strap size bears! Even for my 8" Duffy! I hope I can actually do this! I don't have a great history of being crafty, but I've never tried sewing.
    ilovegreataur-that shirt looks awesome!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

That shirt is amazing, Ilovegreataur!

The skirt instructions are at Duffy's Button Box & Pin Cushion: How-to Sewing Projects & Original Designs

Shirts are more fun, I think, since many Duffys have no interest in skirts. But skirts are by far the easiest thing I can think of to sew on a machine. And Shellie May can get by with just a skirt and a bow, so that's lucky!

If you get a pattern, pants seem like they'll be hard, but they're really not, so long as you match the pieces correctly. Hemming something tiny can be tricky, but don't be afraid to hem pieces like the cuffs BEFORE you sew them together. If you measured correctly, it will turn out fine.

Dresses are fairly easy. To me, shirts are the trickiest garment, though that can depend on what pattern you have and/or how skilled you are.

Eeee-va, I found that thread last night and was looking through it. I'm a very visual person, so the instructions were a bit confusing. But I also think it's because I haven't done any sewing yet! Thanks for all the info. I'm very excited to try!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

We could have a sewing bee at WDW! Please let me know if you need help with sewing. I have drafted some patterns for Duffy/Shellie May and have no problem helping others learn to sew.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast