Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Duffeteer Creators Club

So, I've been noticing two things for awhile now and haven't had time or focused energy to do anything about it. I still don't really…yet. But a break is in sight with SV winding down.

First off, we've got lots of new people. That's lots of untapped talent and energy.

Second, buying stuff, especially TDS Cape Cod Duffy stuff, is fun and supports Duffy, but I'm a little worried we're becoming too "consumer" without enough "creator."

So here's some motivation!^^ Starting with Halloween and running through Sweet Duffy 2014, folks who actively contribute truly impressive fan creations to the Duffeteer community will get a gratuity rate of just 20%, flat, seasonal and regular series. But by "impressive" I mean impressive. You have to outdo yourself!^^

Just a "cute" photo will not be enough. You'll have to do a photo story with high-quality photographs, great lighting, settings, compositions, costumes and props. Professional quality. You'll need a good camera. And they'll have to be made into a book with something like MixBook so that we can all order one. Really high-quality calendars would work, too. Maybe through Zazzle? For an idea of what "high-quality" non-narrative photos look like, find Sue Kruse's photos. Maybe someone will kindly post a link?^^

If you're a good illustrator, let me know. I have two stories that need to be illustrated. By "good," I mean at least as good as the US storybook, although the TDS style or your original (but equally detailed) style is even better.^^ Illustrators might make calendars, too, and post on DeviantArt to help promote Duffy in that thriving community.

Maybe you've got sewing skills. Make patterns and share them with us or charge a small fee and email us the PDF files. Or better yet, let us order the outfits from you. If you're good at sewing, but don't have a clear concept, get on touch with me. There are a few outfits I'd like to do as centerpieces for original events, but I just don't have time to learn to sew right now.

Maybe you're a programmer; make an app!^^ I have a few ideas for this, too, that are Duffy in spirit, but can be designed and executed without stepping on copyright/licensing issues. Maybe you have enough creative recipe ideas and scrapbook or Photoshopping skill to put together a cute Cape Cod Cookbook.^^ There are infinite number of ways to create, but the important thing is deep investment and professional-quality results. Trying your best will be important, but you also have to succeed!

I will be the final judge of quality, but may open to community feedback. Perhaps your first attempt is good, but not good enough. You'll have the opportunity to revise and improve. We have to start doing more!

All submissions must be in the spirit of Cape Cod Duffy as a character. Photos of Duffy that only capture him playing in your house, with your other plush or pets are not the point. Those are fun, but not art projects that require planning, work, and skill. DCC is about producing work that could be an official piece of Duffy merchandise. To that end, these projects must also be reproducible, shareable. The only exception I can imagine to this is some kind of large, impressive public art installation.

You may even be more inspired by Cape Cod or the Seasons concept to produce a series of postcards, greeting cards, or tote bags that have only minor Duffy elements. That's okay, too. Like TDS Duffy, Duffeteer Creators Club will be about spirit and quality — and putting Duffy out in the world in fresh, powerful ways!

Plus, if you do a really good job, you'll not only get pride in your work and bragging rights,^^ not only the super-low import discount for over half the year… We'll buy what you make! Not only that, we'll truly love it, and you'll contribute to Duffy history. Get creative and get started! Collaborate! Push your boundaries! Wow us all, including yourself! Let's make Duffy a force of love in the world that's here to stay! May the Duff be with us all.

Don't wait! Start NOW!!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-31-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

I'm sorry but i'm not good in any off this stuff , i have Fibromyalgie , this means that my hole body hurts and that i'm tired most off THE day , so of this means that i can't make a wishlist anymore because i'm not so creative than i' m sorry , but i don't think ti's fair . Sorry for me Saying this but that's How i feel right now and i Will be heartbroken of this is THE case

I didn't say only those people can make Wish Lists. They get a special discount! Anybody who's careful with PayPal, doesn't change Lists, submits Lists as timely as possible and is generally a good WishLister will still be eligible. I just want to start raising more creative energy around here. We're losing some of that "grassroots" vibe, and I wanna start fighting against the inertia before Duffy becomes just another "Disney bear" to buy. It's a reward system, not a barrier. Let's get back on-topic now, please, and get those creative juices flowing!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-31-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Okay thank you for explaining , i Will pay THE normal fee than because i don't have the skills to do such things so als long i can make a wishlist ti's fine with me , to all of you be creative and good luck ! thanks duffyD

Sounds like fun!

Finally, have computer/internet access back again!! Yippee!

DUFFY SHELLIE MAY I too would love to do this, as I love crafts and trying to be creative, but I too have a long list of medical conditions, including CFS/ME, so don't have a lot of energy or pain-free days. I have lots of scrapbooking stuff, just not the energy to do much with it!

However, this may be what I needed to start trying to write poems again - I used to love creative writing before I was ill, but stopped. I know poetry wouldn't be included in this, as it's not creative enough, but I think I may try to give it a go!

Many thanks for thinking of this DuffyD - what a great idea! Good luck to everyone who may be inspired by this. What fun this will be!

This is a great idea! It might be good motivation for me to work on some knitting patterns for Duffy.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'll have to work on my illustrations. I have to find the time to do it, but it's fun to do.

Unfortunately I have to be "consumer" and not so much "creator" because I lack the talent and creativity to make things for my bears, and I also lack the time! I'm always looking for people who make outfits for teddy bears, or websites to get unique things, and I would definitely support other Duffeteers who would make things Duffy & Shellie May related. I hope we see some amazing talents come to fruition through this new idea!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

I have drafted some patterns and have been sewing and selling clothes for Duffy and Shellie May. I have not "shared" because I was not sure of the board rules.

I love the idea of sharing being creative and glad to hear it is encouraged. The bears and I are traveling this summer and will be taking lots of pictures for stories

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My sewing skills suck to high heaven (I can barely sew even a button on properly), and I'm holding off for awhile asking my aunt to make anything for Duffy because my uncle died unexpectedly this week and she's dealing with that, but when it comes to photo stories... well, that's where I can excel. I got something in mind, just need to get what I need for my idea together and have the time to do it.

• I love that tiny bear!

This is such a fun idea! I'm not so much into "achievements," but I'm VERY excited to see everyone's creativity. (It will also be fun to contribute more creative things of my own, which I like to do just for the sheer joy of it.)

This also greatly increases the odds that I will actually make and keep a pattern to share...usually I kind of juryrig things together.

Smile Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

Excellent idea and good incentive to be more creative. I had bought some doll clothes patterns that I was going to tinker with to customize everyday clothes for my Duff(12"). I will also cut out the patterns for larger dolls and tinker with them too when Shellie May comes to her new home in Canada soon. Gives a little push to stop procrastinating my little project. And if I can help share my altered patterns with all you then even better. Funny thing is I have not sewed any size of clothes (for dolls or humans) since I was in middle school. That was approx 20 years ago. But I have made a few quilts in the last couple years, so I guess I do have some sewing skills.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I dabble with sewing, but I fly by the seat of my pants working without patterns. I would love to have patterns though.

setavulos, you do make great knit things.

• Minion

This sounds way out of my league. The rest of you can have at it, though. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast