• Munchings & Crunchings

Exclamation ShellieMay public service announcement. Beware of fakes!

I always browse ebay for new stuff, and I'm sure all of you do too. There are probably lots of people who lurk here too. So, as a public service, I'd like to warn you about buying fake ShellieMay bears. Lately there is a seller with blatantly fake bears, but they are selling still. Not for super crazy amounts, but I just hate the idea of cheap knock-offs being passed off as the real thing. So, avoid these:

There are various sellers with these bears.

RARE Disney Sailor Shellie May Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush Duffy | eBay

Disney Shellie May Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush Duffy “Brings Joy” | eBay

You can tell by the lack of quality on the costumes, and the fact that the details aren't right...also the bears look horrible!

Duffy is not immune either:

Disney Duffy Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush “Brings Love” Badge | eBay

RARE Disney Sailor Duffy Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush | eBay

Oh, and they've started to copy the US bears too...so avoid these!

RARE Disney St Patrick's Day Duffy Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush New | eBay

Disney Mickey Mouse Duffy Bear Cupid Valentine's Day 12" Toy Plush RARE | eBay

Anybody looking to buy an authentic Duffy or ShellieMay should pay close attention to details, and look for inconsistencies in quality, or "wrong" details.

Re: ShellieMay public service announcement. Beware of fakes!

I saw these on Ebay earlier and they scared me!!!

• Tokyo Disney is life!

That one is just laughable! Look how thin the heart is! Looks like the seller basically specializes in bootlegs, every item in their ebay store looks "off" is some way.

I don't search for Duffy on ebay, but I always look out for the Tokyo stuff and Duffy goes hand in hand essentially so I do see a lot of fakes pop-up. Just this minute I came across this auction. Tags look pretty accurate, but they look kinda small and the hang tags are just wrong. The plush themselves look weird too. Sad what people get away with.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, those look fake too. The storybook tags are way too small...they never print them like that. Also, the sewn in tag on ShellieMay's back is the same color as Duffy's...which isn't how the authentic ones are made. ShellieMay has her own tag that has her pink lettering on it. I guess when there's a super popular trend, bootleg items will soon follow.

I see these all the time on ebay! It makes me sick these people taking advantage of something that has become so sought after for Duffy collectors. I'm always stressing this on Shellie's Facebook page. Beware!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Oh goodness..those fakes are awful. Just so not good! I was lucky and found a seller on ebay that sells the real Shellie May's. But to think that someone would sell those Duffy's and Shellie May's and call those good? They are just awful looking..not even something I would give my dog...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Everyone here needs to report all these listings to ebay. That's the only way these sellers will get shut down and have action taken against them.

I am fond of plush from a German company called Nici.The plush is very popular, but it is next to impossible to obtain in the U.S. . That being said, there's a lot of it on eBay , but beware. Nearly all of it is fake esp if it is being sold from China or Hong Kong. The big tip off is that huge plush toys are super cheap. A genuine Nici that is about 18 inches tall should run about $60 in US dollars and from sellers in the UK and Germany.
    In short, if it's too good to be true, it probably is!

If any of you are looking for a reliable Duffy and ShellieMay seller this person is very reliable. He sells Duffy and ShellieMay merch in MINT condition. 100% authentic, I know from first hand experience!

I want to buy a Shellie May but am very afraid of fakes. Does anyone know if this ebay item is legitimate?

ebay number: 121130040766

• Tokyo Disney is life!

100% genuine. I deal with this seller a lot and know she would never sell fakes. She is simply amazing and beyond reliable. If you can't wait until the next Duffy post, I would definitely get Shellie from her. The price is pretty fair and in comparison to other listings, the cheapest.
    Last edited by Danimated; 08-12-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I agree with Danimated. I've purchased a few costumes from that seller and they were genuine. I've never had a problem.

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

i always use her to buy my things from tds and tdl. i love her everything is authentic and her shipping is super fast.I email her though i dont buy from ebay.

Oh good! I am glad to hear that. Thank you everyone for your help. I have been waiting for a Shellie May for too long. I think it is time to just get her. My Duffy is so lonely.