Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duffy the Disney Bear Plush - 36''

I really want to get that large duffy! But it's 100$.. Is it worth it? Do any of you own it? It seems so loveable. (This is one of my first posts on this site, long time lurker of this forum ^.^)

Re: Duffy the Disney Bear Plush - 36''

Personally, I would love to have it just because he's so big and cute. I don't think many people have him because he is so big and unlike the 17" you can't dress him. Which may not appeal to people since no-one would want to bring him to the parks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The largest Duffy I have is the 28" one they used to sell in the parks. He's big and fluffy. He likes to wear a Mickey scarf and my Oswald earhat.

• Munchings & Crunchings

If you can afford it, and have the room for him, I say yes! I've been debating about it myself. I just have NO more room, even though I would absolutely love both a big Duffy and ShellieMay to hug and cuddle. To me, not dressing him isn't a big deal. Although you could get actual baby clothes to fit him if you really wanted.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Can't that size be purchased MUCH more cheaply in the US? I seem to remember Aimster got hers for around $30 at the outlet… Are they not sold in the US anymore?

That is a little expensive. A few years ago I wanted to get a stuffed dog about that size and it was almost that price too. But disney store online is selling 24" duffy for $40. So $60 more for only 12" taller is too much. If if you put it in terms of unit price for 24"bear it costs $1.67 per inch and for 36" bear it is $2.78 per inch. You are certainly paying a premium for that huge bear

• when you wish...

I want a big Shellie May so badly, but at this point it's a little too rich for my blood.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Can't that size be purchased MUCH more cheaply in the US? I seem to remember Aimster got hers for around $30 at the outlet… Are they not sold in the US anymore?
    That was for a 28" bear. Yeah I got him for $25 or $30 at the Character Warehouse, but his original retail price was $75 or $100. They don't make the 28" size anymore in the US. They make a 24" one that's sold at Disney Store and the 36" one, which apparently you can only get online because I've never seen that one at either of my local Disney Stores.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Got it! Thanks, Aimster!^^ And DuffyDisney, you'd be surprised. Some folks totally bring the big ones to the parks here. Usually 28", but I've seen 36" a few times, usually dressed, too. I guess human clothes!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Do they just carry them around, or do they have a stroller or something? I imagine it would get very annoying carrying one all day long. The advantage would be going on rides together, as Duffy or ShellieMay could sit in a seat next to you!

I got the my big Duff Dude in 2011, my husband surprised my at Epcot after I finished the princess 1/2 marathon. He is awesome and proudly sits in the middle of our bed! He was a greatful dead dancing bear shirt that was the girls when they were babies and a WDW sweatshirt that they got on their first visit to the parks. I wouldn't trade him for the world!! Go ahead and spend the cash he's worth it!!! We paid $60 bucks back then but all of the prices have gone up

• Bear at Heart

Are you on the Disney Store emailing list? Just a few weeks ago there was a 25% off Disney Parks merchandise. I wanted to order him then but I knew I wouldn't be home when he arrived so I didn't! Wish I had though. My neighbor would have kept him safe for me. I'm sooo picky about faces though so I totally should have bought him when I was at DLR! They don't have him at my Disney Store at the Mall of America sadly.

Ok now I'm getting the idea to take my 28" Duffy to the parks and push him around in a stroller.

The only place you can get 36" Duffy if from the Disney Store, and as aimster stated, most Disney Stores don't carry that one, you have to get it online.
    And NiffyBear, check those emails in the future, because the last one I got didn't work on Duffy merchandise. I would hate for you to get excited and then get there and they tell you it didn't work!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That was for a 28" bear. Yeah I got him for $25 or $30 at the Character Warehouse, but his original retail price was $75 or $100. They don't make the 28" size anymore in the US. They make a 24" one that's sold at Disney Store and the 36" one, which apparently you can only get online because I've never seen that one at either of my local Disney Stores.
    i think i might just get the 24" one, maybe the 36" one when i get a job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast