Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Strange things are afoot...

Well, I just learned some news. Monty Maldovan is leaving WDW next month as a lead designer and heading out to Pasadena, California to be Senior Designer for The Disney Store (this info comes straight from Monty himself... he just posted it on his Facebook). Will be interesting to see how this impacts the design of future Duffy merchandise for the US parks as Monty was the head of his design team here.

17" Duffy at MK only difference is Mickey mark and his stuffing doesn't feel as soft to me

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Well, I just learned some news. Monty Maldovan is leaving WDW next month as a lead designer and heading out to Pasadena, California to be Senior Designer for The Disney Store (this info comes straight from Monty himself... he just posted it on his Facebook). Will be interesting to see how this impacts the design of future Duffy merchandise for the US parks as Monty was the head of his design team here.
    Too bad he couldn't make some really good changes and make a difference before he goes.

Sounds to me like Monty will still be working on Disney Store Duffy, who I imagine is selling well by now...or on his way out.

The Duffy releases in the US are neither as frequent nor as extensive as in Japan. There doesn't really need to be a designer focused on Duffy there for what they're doing with him. Although, it would be cool to see them do things that clearly required a dedicated team.^^

Also, has anyone seen these iPhone cases in the US? There's the one pictured below, which is my favorite, plus another one for HKDL that's not really "Duffy," but features Duffy on the top sticker for above the screen. And there's another one for Aulani. I thought "D-tech" was a Japanese exclusive??? Looks like they're only available at HKDL and Aulani???:??? Sorry for not posting photos of the other two. My computer is moody, and now so am I!

...Crap. Picasaweb has been totally changed and I can't figure out how to get a URL code, even after "upgrading" to Google+ which I did NOT want to do...
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-21-2013 at 01:05 AM.

DuffyD- I think I have seen the case you are talking about with Duffy on it from HKDL. I was looking at them on ebay. Only they are for iPhone 5 and I only have a 4S. We do have D-Tech here, if it is the same thing those are the cases right?

Duffy is coming along too!

• Bear at Heart

We do have D-Tech here, though I can't say I've ever seen a Duffy iPhone case. I've always bought D-Tech cases for our devices. Love how the screen protectors always have a little Mickey mark on them.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I thought "D-tech" was a Japanese exclusive???
    Nope, but it sure feels like it. Japan has their own exclusives and it's not limited to phone cases. Japan best like always.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Sounds to me like Monty will still be working on Disney Store Duffy, who I imagine is selling well by now...or on his way out.
    When I'm at my local Disney Stores, I never see anyone looking at Duffy but me. I'll purposely pick them up and start playing with them in hopes of getting other people curious, but they just walk on by. I have NO IDEA how well he's selling in the Disney Stores, but the Duffys currently at my local stores are horrible quality. They got all the overstuffed, lopsided face ones. The 24" ones are really stinking cute though. I keep picking those up to hug.

Quote Originally Posted by mare53 View Post
    DuffyD- I think I have seen the case you are talking about with Duffy on it from HKDL. I was looking at them on ebay. Only they are for iPhone 5 and I only have a 4S. We do have D-Tech here, if it is the same thing those are the cases right?
    Yep D-Tech, but I have never seen a Duffy iPhone case for sale at WDW. And I look when I go every month. I'm just going to eventually have my own made up through one of those design your own case things like Skin-It. I can use a photo of my own Duffy, which will make it unique too.

…I'll purposely pick them up and start playing with them in hopes of getting other people curious…
    That's the way to be a Duffeteer!

…I'm just going to eventually have my own made up through one of those design your own case things like Skin-It. I can use a photo of my own Duffy, which will make it unique too.
    You certainly have enough amazing shots to select from! Maybe a phone case series for Creators Club?

Went to the Menlo Park mall today up here in NJ. They had the newer Duffys with the new Mickey Mark. There actually were some people looking at him! I picked one up and felt him and he was very huggable. I think they redesigned his fur although it looked the same, I swear he was much softer. He was cute. I would've picked one up if I didn't have two already. I would post pics but I don't know how to...

Duffy is coming along too!

Ok I was at the Magic Kingdom today and the Duffys I came across all had the old Mickey mark. I took photos of a couple but I don't have them uploaded yet (will do tomorrow).

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I haven't read this post in awhile, and it may have been mentioned...
    The light circle around Duffy's eye seems to be more curved/rounded at the lateral attachment. Maybe it is the way the fur is laying, but it seems that the old version in First Star's photo and The Duffster aren't as curved. So the old angle is much closer to a right angle than an acute one.

I hope this makes sense.

I flunked geometry so I have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

• I love that tiny bear!

I think Ilovegreataur is saying that if you look at the newer Duffies, the brown fur directly above the nose/snout (in-between the Mickey face ears on his face) appears to be basically a straight, up and down line on the old Duffies.

In other words, the area where the brown fur in the middle of his face meets the base of the snout is shaped like:

| |
    | |

In the newer Duffies, it looks like there's a curve--like the bottom where the brown fur meets the snout is a bit wider than the part higher up on Duffy's face.

So the area where the brown fur in the middle of his face meets the base of his snout is shaped like:

| |
    / \

Or a third way, if you look at my signature, look at the bears between the eyes. Duffy's fur there looks like the "new" Duffy while Shellie May's looks like the "old" one.

From the photos posted here, I think it does look like there's a difference between the curve on the new ones versus the old...but I think it might be a trick of the fur.

My 12" Duffy (my largest, and one of the older ones I have) has a defined curve meeting the base of his snout, like the "new" ones. My 8" and smaller Duffies, and also the small Santa Duffy, look to have the 90 degree angle like the "old" ones, but closer examination shows a subtle, and in some case tiny, curve. Smiling Spring Voyage Shellie May is somewhere in the middle.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Eeee-va, thank you!
    that is exactly what I was meaning...only I was focusing on the areas of the cheeks instead of between the eyes.
    If I push away all the fur on my Duffy, there is a bit of a curve, but it doesn't seem to be as pronounced as on the new style.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast