Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Strange things are afoot...

That's a great step, then! I want side-by-side photos! Anybody have both bears?

All over WDW Duffy's have the new Mickey mark. Quality seems decent, cute faces, stuffed properly, only saw about two that were understuffed and those had old mark. No Sulley costumes at the Emporium but they are at Epcot and the Boardwalk hotel. In other good news, Duffy had long, long, line today. He stole my Duffy and when I told him I left Shellie home he stomped his foot. I asked if he missed her and he put his nose to the Japan poster and stayed there. That's all. Sorry to make this so long...

Duffy is coming along too!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Eeee-va, thank you!
    that is exactly what I was meaning...only I was focusing on the areas of the cheeks instead of between the eyes.
    If I push away all the fur on my Duffy, there is a bit of a curve, but it doesn't seem to be as pronounced as on the new style.
    Ah! Yes, those differences are very clear in the second photo at Strange things are afoot... (new Duffy on the right).

You used geometry to sum up why the new Duffies have such cute faces! Acute angles = a cute bear

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mare53 View Post
    All over WDW Duffy's have the new Mickey mark. Quality seems decent, cute faces, stuffed properly, only saw about two that were understuffed and those had old mark. No Sulley costumes at the Emporium but they are at Epcot and the Boardwalk hotel. In other good news, Duffy had long, long, line today. He stole my Duffy and when I told him I left Shellie home he stomped his foot. I asked if he missed her and he put his nose to the Japan poster and stayed there. That's all. Sorry to make this so long...
    I was at MK Tuesday and didn't see any Sulley costumes there either. And I could've sworn the Duffys I looked at had the old "tramp stamp" on them, but looking at the photos I took and comparing to my 2010 Duffy, they had the new mark. Whoops. But I didn't find many of the current Duffys particularly cute. A lot had weird looking faces to me. One would look really cute from afar, but when I'd pick him up, he'd look totally different, which was disappointing. I just have to accept the new Duffys don't look anything like my 2010 & early 2011 Duffys.

Thanks, Eeee-va. That helps!^^ It's cute and technically more "on model," I guess, but I think it's also more "Mickey bear," so I don't mind that my guy is "off model." I still wanna know what's up with that foot…

• Munchings & Crunchings

Something I noticed only yesterday...don't know why. ShellieMay has the new "rounded" foot pads, where her paw has an arc to it, unlike the original Duffy's, where they were all in a straight line. I have a 2010 original ShellieMay, and a more recent one, and they both have the "New" feet. I guess maybe they are getting Duffy to catch up?

anybody have a picture of the new duffy?

• I love that tiny bear!

I don't think anyone's Duffy is actually "off-model" in any way (least of all DuffyD's). The art itself has its own variations. Which emphasizes the whole idea of Minnie and her friends making them with love, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I don't think anyone's Duffy is actually "off-model" in any way (least of all DuffyD's). The art itself has its own variations. Which emphasizes the whole idea of Minnie and her friends making them with love, right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345