Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

re: Duffy Halloween 2013

DuffyD, are those other items posted above (that you say you had neglected to post earlier) considered seasonal or regular?

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    DuffyD, are those other items posted above (that you say you had neglected to post earlier) considered seasonal or regular?
    Everything that's not Halloween (DFH and H13) is not seasonal now. The only "seasons" for Duffy Post are Halloween, Christmas, and Sweet Duffy. Together that's half the year, the half with the biggest releases, Spring Voyage aside.^^

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I think that's just Danimated's nickname, but I like it a lot.
    Yep! He's too cute that I just had to coin him a name. Shame he didn't a get single piece of merch, would've liked a plush or strap. Maybe next year. Christmas will probably have some of the characters like last year.

(Take special note that Duffy and Shellie each come with bear-shaped headphone jack strap mounts!
    Think they missed an opportunity not to have the pumpkin lanterns as separate real jacks. That would've been cute, methinks.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    ...Think they missed an opportunity not to have the pumpkin lanterns as separate real jacks. That would've been cute, methinks.
    I'm not sure I follow... The Duff-o-Lanterns are totally part of that set. If you wanted to remove the large Duffy and ShellieMay charms and put the lantern at the end of the long length of chain, you could totally do that in less than 10 minutes. And they're full-color painted versions! Theywere only gold unpainted last time for "Duffy's Halloween Dream."

Everything that's not Halloween (DFH and H13) is not seasonal now. The only "seasons" for Duffy Post are Halloween, Christmas, and Sweet Duffy. Together that's half the year, the half with the biggest releases, Spring Voyage aside.^^
    Thanks!!

• when you wish...

Oh geez, this stuff is cute!

I definitely want a couple of those pick sets for cupcakes, etc! I always like the random, unique items.

I love Shellie's Greetings costume and think it might look cute to use the skirt from Welcome to Cape Cod as a bottom. Perhaps, one of the bottoms I have from some CCC costumes might work too.

Count me in on this post!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

No call needed thanks for the Info

• Tokyo Disney is life!

I'm not sure I follow... The Duff-o-Lanterns are totally part of that set. If you wanted to remove the large Duffy and ShellieMay charms and put the lantern at the end of the long length of chain, you could totally do that in less than 10 minutes.
    Yes, but what I was getting at was for them to be separate and have the plugy thing drilled into the bottom so it can be on its own in the earphone jack, while the Duffy charm hangs on the strap alone. Not really a big deal, just think that could've been more unique. Hope I made sense.

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

Wow, those costumes! I am in love with Shellie May's <3 <3

I am suddenly really into that Sailor Duffy badge! For some reason I'm not as fond of the full-size costume as I am of that little guy! And thanks for posting the bench, I probably would have never known what you guys were talking about if you didn't post the list of stuff.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    Yes, but what I was getting at was for them to be separate and have the plugy thing drilled into the bottom so it can be on its own in the earphone jack, while the Duffy charm hangs on the strap alone. Not really a big deal, just think that could've been more unique. Hope I made sense.
    Ooooh! Of course that's what you meant; I guess I should've gotten that. I think it was like 3 or 4 a.m. when I wrote that. I totally get you now, though. You mean like the "perch" type, the ones that don't really dangle. Is that right? Like the Duffy and Shellie ones from Sweet Duffy this year that just sit atop the phone?

I think that would be totally cute, too, but there are three significant reasons I strongly prefer the route they took. The first is that Apple moved the headphone jack to the bottom of the device with iPhone 5… I still don't understand for whom that's better design… Some jacks on some devices may be on the side… The more detailed the charm, the more the orientation matters.

And the second is related; I love iconic Duffy-head things. I love the simplicity, and I love that Duffy's silhouette can do everything Mickey's can do. I'm recently really loving Mickey, so it's not about that "competition" dynamic that sometimes drifts through my mind; I just really like the iconography. Plus, it is more flexible for placement on a variety of phones without looking "wrong." Even if I have a case with a strap mount, because I actually use my headphone jack^^, I can still use all the charms on my phone and just miss the jack mount.

Finally, though, the reason I love it the most is that all of the charms can be repurposed or reconfigured by the end user in whatever way we want. We could move things around, swap out a base strap, make a charm bracelet, use a charm as a pendant — whatever. It's wiiide open! If there was a plug molded to the Duff-o-Lantern, I could only use it one way. I strongly prefer their more flexible solution. Though selling the "sit" type additionally would've been cool (I just realize that may even be what you meant…). But I think we got enough!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

All that stuff is so cute! I was busy all day/night and just now got the time to start looking at all the merch. I doubt I'll be able to get anything but doesn't mean I can't look and drool over it all!

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Do we know if the sailor suits are still available?
    They are not. My Friend Duffy and the Regular Series Sailor Tees are both sold out. I saw a few of Duffy's Sailor T-shirt set last time I was there. That's been a while now, though, and it's not on the site anymore, so I'm gonna have to say no.

If these are something you reeeally want, I'm willing to do auctions as long as there's a particular list for the items you want and that doesn't change. Consider whether you'd like Duffy's original Black Cat Costume enough to pay 15,000+ for it, too — before sending me your List of auction items. There will be new guidelines specifically for auctions soon. And probably separate guidelines for Disney Store items as well.

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

does anyone have any tricks for coping and pasting the texts to google translate im having problems when i try to copy and paste it wont let me.

I just love so many things about the releases this holiday

The cups seem to have an octagonal or hexagonal base (rather than rounded like the top), the plates are wonderful, the base colours are so well themed for Halloween and Autumn in general! The food picks are amazing and far too nice to just stick into food in my opinion they would be awesome scrap book embellishments or you could even maybe fashion some Halloween jewelry for the bears or yourself!

The costumes are just so totally awesome, I never thought I'd get anything as cute as the Cat costume from a few years back, but these are just as cute and they match without being identical!

The charms as was said earlier could be customised to suit a variety of uses and personalised too if you can find other charms - maybe initials or small Halloween themed things, bats, candy etc.
    The photo clip - I want that cake and the level of detail in such a small item is fab!

I am definitely getting the postcard as I love the picture, I was considering getting the tin of cookies for this image but my husband wants to try some of the other treats so we'll get those instead!

The stickers, again would be awesome in a scrapbook or on anything and everything really

The drawstring bag, as DuffyD said looks posh! It could totally be used for Trick or Treating! Or even a perfect package for a Halloween gift

I adore the tartan style background on the mini towels, and the edging looks like it's hand stitched! The choice of colours again just makes these wonderful!

The large tote from a distance would (I'm guessing) almost look like a solid colour with a hint of pattern but as you get closer you see all the cuteness of the bears and then notice they are decked out in Halloween costumes! Fab, plus the lining colour totally sets it off!

The shoulder bag looks like a giant candy - what more can you want from a bag!

I would so love to be able to buy the fabric from these two, they would accent a top or pair of trousers beautifully - maybe the edging of the sleeves and neck on a top, the pocket lining or cuffs on a pair of trousers!

As before the treats have enticed my husband - which is fab as I can order what I want plus a couple of bits for him

The bag for the T bags I'm hoping is a good proportion for the bears? If not I'm sure we'll find a use for it and I'm looking forward to trying some Japanese tea!

The greeting costumes could be Cast Member costumes for a ride or show! I love the bright bold colours of these - the wonky hem lines, the hand stitched look of the seams and embellishments!

I did wonder though, if you look at the Tokyo Disney Sea website (where they list the merchandise) there are 5 x pictures, do these just break up the non-food and food items or will there be more items added?

Also Duffy D - do you know when you would like the money transferred by?

Photos from Flickr

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
    does anyone have any tricks for coping and pasting the texts to google translate im having problems when i try to copy and paste it wont let me.
    That's because most of the text on the TDS/TDL site is image-based. You can't copy/paste it as it's an image file, not plain text.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast