Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

re: Duffy Halloween 2013

This Chip 'N Dale plush set from the Disney Store is so cute - it matches Duffy and Shellie in their cat costumes!

LINK

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    This Chip 'N Dale plush set from the Disney Store is so cute - it matches Duffy and Shellie in their cat costumes!

LINK
    They are cute! I love Chip N Dale. I love the Stitch in his pumpkin too. Japan always has the best Stitch items.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love THIS: Chip/Dale chipmunk parka:

商品詳細 なりきりパーカー チップ&デール M

OMG I am dying of cute overload. I would TOTALLY wear that on the cold days we actually get in Florida.

• Tower of Tower Nut

LINK
    Oh My, so many cute things..Thank you for sharing Duffy D.

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I love THIS: Chip/Dale chipmunk parka:

商•i詳細 ‚ネ‚‚ォ‚ƒpーƒJー ƒ`ƒbƒv&ƒfーƒ‹ M

OMG I am dying of cute overload. I would TOTALLY wear that on the cold days we actually get in Florida.
    WOW this is one of my new favorites. I would cry to have something similar for my Duffy (since I really don't need any more sweatshirts, haha)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Why can US Disney Store have this awesome stuff? HUH?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Why can US Disney Store have this awesome stuff? HUH?
    It's a good question. Optimistically, since Disney Stores are now owned and operated by Walt Disney Japan rather than The Oriental Land Company, maybe stuff like this will start appearing in the US? "One Disney!"^^

We can only hope, DuffyD, we can only hope.... But I'm not holding my breath. The quality of the merchandise from Japan is heads and shoulders above andything available here.

It's so much fun to "shop" on the Disney Store Japan site!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

It's a good question. Optimistically, since Disney Stores are now owned and operated by Walt Disney Japan rather than The Oriental Land Company, maybe stuff like this will start appearing in the US? "One Disney!"^^
    That's one way One Disney would actually work in our favor!

You are absolutely horrible. Chip/Dale are cuter than cute.

LINK

... So what's the ・ penalty for an after the deadline, shopping list add-on?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Re: Duffy Halloween 2013

LINK
    Thanks for the link duffy D. This is sooo adorable.
    I can't wait to see Shellie May's cat costume in person either
    I'm sure she's going to look super adorable!

x.x So upset I actually forgot about this shopping trip. Oh well. Guess I will have to wait til Christmas. =D

Uh, I just saw a post that the Duffy Bat costume and Shellie May Cat costume are sold out! They are not listed on the website anymore. So glad I got mine already! They are SOOOOO adorable!!!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    Uh, I just saw a post that the Duffy Bat costume and Shellie May Cat costume are sold out! They are not listed on the website anymore. So glad I got mine already! They are SOOOOO adorable!!!
    WOW! That was fast. I guess, because of the success of the classic Duffy Cat Costume, people are stockpiling this one...lame. How sad for people who've been planning their trip to TDS from overseas or outside Kanto for months or more, to finally arrive in the parks and be unable to purchase these costumes. I really hate that and hope that's not what happened. Maybe not, actually, because there aren't too many on auction. I just can't believe they didn't make enough to last even two weeks! It's been so long since this happens. Well, I guess now we're back on our toes.

Thank goodness I planned ahead and got everything organized well enough to be there and buy everything on the second day of the event. Thank goodness most people paid on time and didn't change orders a lot and things went relatively smoothly. Thank goodness I already got everything for everyone and Care Packages will soon be on their way!^^

During Spring Voyage and over the summer, even at Sweet Duffy last year, I think folks started to get complacent and expect to be able to casually get anything at anytime throughout the event. I was able to add many Additional Trips and I myself started to wonder if OLC was starting to supply far above demand, as things rarely seemed to sell out early, and often not at all. This was very, very different from "the old days" when new Duffy items routinely sold out completely and very quickly, causing incredible lines the first days of release.

I guess this has shocked us out of that complacency and reminds us that these bears are still very much in demand superstars, and things still do sell out. I'm happy that the Duffy Post makes this easier for people around the world, but I still think it's very sad that anyone traveling to TDS for the other month and a half of the event will miss out on these items. For the past year or two, the costumes have consistently been the last thing to sell out, and it's really sad to suddenly not meet demand again after so long of resetting fan expectations about supply. It also means that the release day lines that were once a staple of the Duffy fan experience but have now virtually disappeared may make a dramatic comeback from Christmas onward. I know I'll be there now. This creates an uncertainty and slight anxiety that I haven't felt about Duffy collecting in a long time. And to be honest, while it's exciting on one level, I haven't really missed standing in 4~8-hour lines, and one of the reasons I strongly resisted starting the Post for so long was concern about the stress of worrying about things selling out all the time. When it's for me, it's a heartbreak. When I can't get something for someone else, it's utter devastation.

I'm happy for all the WishListers who will be getting theirs soon, but really sad to think that there are people - especially kids who are going to build the future where Duffy's importance and validity are without question - who may be heartbroken by this.

Wow Duffy D I'd like to express my thanks for your hard work and despite not knowing this may happen your forward planning to ensure all Wish Listers will get their items!

Do you think they under-estimated demand? Or maybe they are trying to increase the demand by purposefully not supplying enough, then using that for marketing? I do hope not, do you know if they have ever released more stock of an item once it has sold out? As you say it seems an awful shame for fans coming to the event later to not be able to purchase these costumes.

I think if we ever get to plan a holiday to Japan I will aim for it to coincide with the start of an event to make sure I can get all the merchandise.

Do you know if any other lines e.g. Stitch items, Mickey/Minnie themed plush have ever sold out? I'm guessing not!

Photos from Flickr

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast