Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I Heart ShellieMay!

ShellieMay Sighting at D23!

I went to D23 this weekend and as we were waiting in our hour and a half line to get in, I spotted a girl with a ShellieMay in the 2011 dual purpose witch costume!! I was wearing my SV 2013 cross body Shellie bag and she spotted it and we bonded over our mutual Shellie love! She said she was stationed in Japan and was able to get her then. Her young son that was with her insisted that Shellie wear her witch costume to the convention!

I received tons of other compliments and comments about my bag too. Lots of wow, is that Duffy?! I had lots of opportunities to share about ShellieMay.

D23 was great too for anyone who is debating going in the future. I was a little scared because I had heard it was just one long line from beginning to end but once we got in, the lines were not so bad.

Re: ShellieMay Sighting at D23!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    ...Lots of wow, is that Duffy?! I had lots of opportunities to share about ShellieMay.
    Most of the Disney fans in the US, even the ones who know Duffy, even the ones who go to D23...most of them still probably have never seen OLC items up close. If a large enough critical mass somehow communicated to WDP and Merchandising that they would embrace Duffy provided he was of a higher quality calibre, maybe it would happen. Step by step, Boog. That's what the Post is all about. Keep bringing the love!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Most of the Disney fans in the US, even the ones who know Duffy, even the ones who go to D23...most of them still probably have never seen OLC items up close.
    This is true. Whenever I take Shellie May to WDW, I always get a handful of cast members who totally freak out when they see her and say, "OMG... is that Shellie May? Can I hold her? I've never seen her in person!" They just totally fawn over her and think she's so precious and adorable. I'll even have random guests come up out of nowhere and say, "Your bears are so cute!"

I was in line waiting to get into D23 and there was a little girl with Duffy, the 12"D23 Duffy, and Shellie May! It was the first time I had seen a Shellie May plush outside of photographs. The little girl's mom explained that her daughter loves Duffy and Shellie May was a Christmas present.

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

i took shellie on a disney cruise everyone went oh look its duffy even cast members i boughth her the salior outfit with her name on it in hopes to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
    i took shellie on a disney cruise everyone went oh look its duffy even cast members i boughth her the salior outfit with her name on it in hopes to fix it.
    Probably because you put Duffy's sailor suit on Shellie and it confused everyone.

We were at D23 Expo too on Saturday and Sunday. The bears are too cumbersome to carry for a convention, but I did wear my Duffy and Shellie May pony tail holders so they were prominently featured nonetheless. I got many compliments and inquiries from other guests. Everyone asked where I got them, and when I said I have a friend in Tokyo who sent them to me, the response was "Of course, the Japanese Duffy stuff is so much cuter" or "Oh I wish they would bring Shellie May to the US". We also ran into another couple with their plush bears, so we cheered each other (no time to stop and chat though - panels to see, lines to stand in! That and we were in front of the escalators and blocking traffic )

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
    In fairness, I do think CMs assume any bear with a sailor-type outfit is Duffy...I had Smiling Shellie May at DCA, who's not even the size or face shape of any Duffy in the parks. And all sorts of CMs thought she was a girl Duffy, even though she was wearing a girl CM outfit from a ride in their own park (Ariel's Undersea Adventure).

Fortunately she is a good-natured bear and took it all in stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    …Fortunately she is a good-natured bear and took it all in stride.

When we take the bears to WDW, Shellie May is most often recognized when she has a bow. (The girls in Japan in Epcot were almost offended that dd's Shellie did not have a bow on). We have also found that LOT'S of CM's don't know about Shellie May. Then there are random "girl Duffy" comments and "is that Duffy's girlfriend?"

So as a public service we have started taking the bears out as often as possible in an attempt to educate the masses

I hate to be "witchy", but I get really annoyed when people call Shellie May a girl Duffy. Or people will come up and ask, "Where did you get that girl Duffy?" And it annoys me even more when people call her, "Duffy". I know people don't know about her and what not, but it still drives me crazy! I just grit my teeth and try to educate them about Shellie May. It's actually gotten to the point that I just don't take her out to the parks much anymore. I just take Duffy. When I'm at the parks, I want to spend time enjoying myself and not constantly getting questioned by people. I don't mind it every once in awhile, but it's starting to become more than before. And I get tired of the people who see her and then start telling me all this stuff like they know everything about Shellie May and Tokyo Disney, even when half of it is inaccurate information.

Sorry about the rant!! I just figured if anyone would understand, it would be other Duffy and Shellie May lovers!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Oh Naelyan I feel your pain. And don't you love it when random CMs start the "Oh they're bringing Shellie May to the US *INSERT MADE UP DATE RANGE HERE*!" And they're SO sure about it. Yeah.... no it's not going to happen.

I'm taking both bears to WDW tomorrow. Shellie is in her "Vexy" outfit from Smurfs 2 (I hate Snurfs but love that outfit) and Duffy is in his new red trousers/grey w/ black stripes shirt outfit (used my $5 off bday coupon at BAB to get that for him). Was going to go today but plans got changed and I ended up running errands with the boyfriend most of the day. Anyhow, if anyone calls Shellie "Girl Duffy" I'm going to kick them in the knees.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

The Shellie fan I saw at D23 started in with the whole "I talked to a CM who said Shellie will be in the US soon" thing. I just nodded politely! It's not even worth commenting to me at this point.

I'm about ready to start saying, "You want to put $20 on that?" I'd be RICH.

LOL@aimster, good idea!
    Boog1981, I just usually say as politely as I can, "I'll believe it when I see it!"
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast