• I Heart ShellieMay!

Ideas for my Duffy Pin Board?!!

I thought I would reach out to you guys about ideas to decorate my Duffy pin board. Over the past few months, I've become quite the pin collector and I am almost a Duffy completionist! (I started pin/trading/collecting to get the Hidden Mickey Duffy hats and six months later, I'm hooked!) Word of advice, if you're not prepared to become a full fledged pin collector, don't dabble in any pins! It will consume your life. Anyways, I want to make a shadow box of all my Duffy pins and I've been toying with some ideas like using an anchor printed fabric as my backdrop and using little pennant flags in red, white and blue to spell out Duffy's name but I know we have some creative folks on here so I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: Ideas for my Duffy Pin Board?!!

Why not let the pins be the star while giving it a Duffy background? Make the board plain white with blue pinstripe trim and stars at the 2 botton corners to simulate the back of Duffy's Sailor costume?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Why not let the pins be the star while giving it a Duffy background? Make the board plain white with blue pinstripe trim and stars at the 2 botton corners to simulate the back of Duffy's Sailor costume?
    That's a good idea, Attic Haunt. I would be making the background less busy and letting my pins shine!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    Word of advice, if you're not prepared to become a full fledged pin collector, don't dabble in any pins! It will consume your life.
    LOL! Precisely why I'm not into pins. I bought a bunch of the Tigger ones I liked but lost interest. If I see a pin I really, really, really like, I'll buy it, but I'm really not into collecting or trading them. I have 2 Duffy pins (one in his sailor suit & the Halloween one).

But I like your shadowbox idea. Hope it turns out good for you.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    LOL! Precisely why I'm not into pins. I bought a bunch of the Tigger ones I liked but lost interest. If I see a pin I really, really, really like, I'll buy it, but I'm really not into collecting or trading them. I have 2 Duffy pins (one in his sailor suit & the Halloween one).

But I like your shadowbox idea. Hope it turns out good for you.
    Thanks! Yeah, my husband predicted that I would become a full fledged collector when I started the search for my Duffy hat pins and I denied it and go figure now he gets to sit back and say I told you so! I'll post a picture of my board when it's done so at least you can enjoy my Duffy pins from a far without any threat of getting hooked!

Congratulations on your near-complete collection! I hope you get them all. I don't collect Duffy pins persay, cuz I figured I would get addicted to it lol, but I do buy pins here and there. I told myself I'd pick my battles, just like I do with TDS costumes.

Anyway, here's what I did with my pins: I bought a 12"x12" picture frame from Target that had a matte frame for a 5"x7" photo, so there was a lot of white matte space. I pinned all of my pins to the matte board, so that they surround a 5x7 PhotoPass picture of the bf and I on Main Street. The frame itself looks like a shadow box, so it's pretty deep and I could still put the glass over the matte. I know it doesn't sound like what you were looking for, but I like the simplicity, and the way it kinda commemorates our time at Disneyland. Maybe you could put a picture of Duffy in the middle, or a scrapbook-type decoration. That way, the background around the pins isn't too busy, but you get a spot to be creative.

Someone here (maybe Gurgi?) drew out Duffy's name using the international flag alphabet, and I thought it looked really cool.

How about the outline of Duffy's body and put the pins in the middle? I had a friend who was a pin collector and she had several of her pins placed into shadowboxes and had custom mats made for them. There were really stunning. She had one where it was a giant acorn and Chip and Dale pins were in and around the acorn. It was really something and made even the most common of pins special.

TheFirstStar-I love your idea! I had been casually collecting pins for a little while, but stopped because it can just get out of hand. Now I only purchase special occasion type pins, like holidays and the like. But I would love a way to display them. Right now they are just in a pin folder.
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone! I love that idea of the acorn for the Chip N Dale display, dazyhill. That's such an iconic shape for them.