• Bringing the love

On the Hunt for Duffy and Shellie May

Hey all, newbie here!

I have been a long time collector of bears and plush animals and I've been a huge fan of Duffy and Shellie May for some time now, but haven't taken the plunge into the realm of these collectibles to purchase them. Well! The time has come, and I'm ready to have my own Set. My question to all of you seasoned fans is, where Can I purchase an AUTHENTIC set of bears online?

thanks a million!

Duffette.

• Bringing the love

Re: On the Hunt for Duffy and Shellie May

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me some pointers on how to spot an imitation bear and a real bear. Thanks a bunch!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Well, not knowing where you live (US? other country?), The best way to get an authentic Duffy is to order directly from Disney. You can find him here:

Duffy the Disney Bear | Disney Store

If you want to dress your Duffy in costumes/outfits, it's the 17" version you'd want.

Shellie May is trickier as the only place you can purchase her is in Japan. Ebay sellers mark up to ridiculous amounts. Sometimes you can find sellers that look like it's a reasonable price, but for every honest seller, there are people who try to pass of blatantly fake bears as the real deal.

Here are links to 2 ebay auctions that are for very obviously FAKE Shellie Mays:

Shellie May Bear Disney Sea Tokyo Shelliemay Duffy RARE First Edition | eBay

This one is even more obviously fake because Shellie May does NOT have a black nose (her's is brownish-grey) and she's also NOT tan colored. Her fur is a light dusty pink/rose:

Disney Shellie May Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush Duffy “Brings Joy” | eBay

Might want to look at those links ASAP because I'm going to report both of them for selling counterfeit merchandise.

The best way to get an real, authentic Shellie May at a decent price (and hand-picked just for you) is through our own DuffyPost here on Micechat. You can read all about how to participate in DuffyPost at the following link:

Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Please be aware though that there are only a certain number of scheduled shopping trips a year. The person here who runs DuffyPost (DuffyDaisuki) is a very busy person and really does a TON of work to keep the post going and making sure wishlisters get the items they want. The next scheduled shopping trip will be for Christmas (once the merchandise info is released by Tokyo DisneySea, DuffyD will post a thread).

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by aimster; 09-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

• Bringing the love

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Well, not knowing where you live (US? other country?), The best way to get an authentic Duffy is to order directly from Disney. You can find him here:

Duffy the Disney Bear | Disney Store

If you want to dress your Duffy in costumes/outfits, it's the 17" version you'd want.

Shellie May is trickier as the only place you can purchase her is in Japan. Ebay sellers mark up to ridiculous amounts. Sometimes you can find sellers that look like it's a reasonable price, but for every honest seller, there are people who try to pass of blatantly fake bears as the real deal.

Here are links to 2 ebay auctions that are for very obviously FAKE Shellie Mays:

Shellie May Bear Disney Sea Tokyo Shelliemay Duffy RARE First Edition | eBay

This one is even more obviously fake because Shellie May does NOT have a black nose (her's is brownish-grey) and she's also NOT tan colored. Her fur is a light dusty pink/rose:

Disney Shellie May Tan Bear Hidden Mickey Feet 13" Toy Plush Duffy “Brings Joy” | eBay

Might want to look at those links ASAP because I'm going to report both of them for selling counterfeit merchandise.

The best way to get an real, authentic Shellie May at a decent price (and hand-picked just for you) is through our own DuffyPost here on Micechat. You can read all about how to participate in DuffyPost at the following link:

Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Please be aware though that there are only a certain number of scheduled shopping trips a year. The person here who runs DuffyPost (DuffyDaisuki) is a very busy person and really does a TON of work to keep the post going and making sure wishlisters get the items they want. The next scheduled shopping trip will be for Christmas (once the merchandise info is released by Tokyo DisneySea, DuffyD will post a thread).

Hope that helps!

I followed the links that you sent me from ebay, I see what you mean about the fake merchandise;
    I found this link on ebay;

New Tokyo Disney Shelliemay Duffy Bear Plush 17in TDS Japan Limited RARE Gift | eBay

would you identify this bear as an authetic?

It is definitely on the pricy side, as you said it would be, (Im located in the U.S.) and its more then double the price of duffy with shipping costs.

Its really fascinating to learn about these collectors items; Im a photographer and I would really love to set up some photo shoots once I get these bears!

So excited!

If anything, I will use the duffy post, it seems like a really reliable way to get authentic merchandise at a reasonable price.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!!

• Bringing the love

another quick question; on the disney tokyo website, they list three different sizes of shellie May. (s) (m) (l)

Which version of this bear is the one that is 17 inches; As its important for dress

• Bringing the love

Sorry for throwing a lot of questions at once, Im a new collector and still learnin! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Duffette View Post
    another quick question; on the disney tokyo website, they list three different sizes of shellie May. (s) (m) (l)

Which version of this bear is the one that is 17 inches; As its important for dress
    The S size is the same as the 17" one.

• Bringing the love

Oh, thank you so much for your response! I greatly appreciate your time I'm just trying to work out all the information so that I can make an informed purchase. You all have been so helpful to me. xoxo

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I followed the links that you sent me from ebay, I see what you mean about the fake merchandise;
    I found this link on ebay;

New Tokyo Disney Shelliemay Duffy Bear Plush 17in TDS Japan Limited RARE Gift | eBay

would you identify this bear as an authetic?

From the photos on the listing, that Shellie May looks to be the real deal.

As stated above, you'd want the small (S) size Shellie May if you want to dress her up as she's 17". By the way, outfits from Build A Bear fit the 17" bears pretty well. If you want more "everyday" clothes for them, definitely check them out as they have some really cute stuff, plus their versions of some of the Disney costumes (Jedi, Woody, Buzz) are WAY better than the ones Disney themselves made for Duffy.