Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: :) New to the Community; looking for friends

Hi Lesley, glad to see more people are falling in love with Duffy and Shellie May! Are you getting any Japanese TDS costumes? They are truly awesome and well worth the cost.

Can wait to see some of your pictures with Shellie May

Photos from Flickr

• I Heart ShellieMay!

You're joining us at a very exciting time...the Christmas release is right around the corner! The TDS costumes are amazing BTW if you're thinking of joining the next DuffyPost.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffette View Post
    Aww, thank you Kittyloaf! your so very kawaii! I have a Shellie May on its way from Japan as we speak! Now its time to work on getting her better half!
    lol thanks :3
    And how exciting!I hope you'll be posting pictures when she arrives!

Welcome! You'll love it here! A great place for info and making friends who share your love of Duffy and Shellie May!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Felice Natale!

Welcome aboard, Lesley! And welcome back, kittyloaf!^^

Lesley, your signature isn't displaying for me, but your avatar is ADORABLE! Is that your original drawing?

It's a shame I've been too busy to post much lately; I'd have advised you to hold off on importing ShellieMay. It feels very likely to me that we will finally see the "Smiling" (open-mouthed) Shellie this Christmas and I expect that announcement is just about two weeks away. I'm sure you'll love your new arrival nonetheless, but I'd encourage you to still consider the Smiling bears if they are released, and I'd advise you to wait on Duffy since he's relatively easy to acquire in the US if you're not a TDS purist. There is no guarantee, once Shellie is released, that the Smiling bears will need to be released again, so they are likely to be instant collectibles, with aftermarket prices skyrocketing immediately, making future acquisition relatively prohibitive. Just my 2.^^

• Bringing the love

Quote Originally Posted by Becx View Post
    Hi Lesley, glad to see more people are falling in love with Duffy and Shellie May! Are you getting any Japanese TDS costumes? They are truly awesome and well worth the cost.

Can wait to see some of your pictures with Shellie May
    You bet I'm going to get Japanese TDS costumes . I am thinking about buying a little wardrobe for Duffy and Shellie May, Any Ideas on where to maybe get one that will fit a couple outfits? I'm so excited for my first purchase thru Duffy Post! I love your pictures, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you use?

Bringing the Love

• Bringing the love

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    You're joining us at a very exciting time...the Christmas release is right around the corner! The TDS costumes are amazing BTW if you're thinking of joining the next DuffyPost.
    Yep, I'm definitely joining the post! I am eagerly waiting for the holiday season, I can't wait to build my list while I save up!

Bringing the Love

• Bringing the love

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    Welcome! You'll love it here! A great place for info and making friends who share your love of Duffy and Shellie May!
    Thank you! and I love your picture btw, its so funny and cute. Everyone has been so kind, its really heart warming and refreshing, as the internet can be a bit of a hostile place sometimes.

Bringing the Love

• Bringing the love

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Welcome aboard, Lesley! And welcome back, kittyloaf!^^

Lesley, your signature isn't displaying for me, but your avatar is ADORABLE! Is that your original drawing?

It's a shame I've been too busy to post much lately; I'd have advised you to hold off on importing ShellieMay. It feels very likely to me that we will finally see the "Smiling" (open-mouthed) Shellie this Christmas and I expect that announcement is just about two weeks away. I'm sure you'll love your new arrival nonetheless, but I'd encourage you to still consider the Smiling bears if they are released, and I'd advise you to wait on Duffy since he's relatively easy to acquire in the US if you're not a TDS purist. There is no guarantee, once Shellie is released, that the Smiling bears will need to be released again, so they are likely to be instant collectibles, with aftermarket prices skyrocketing immediately, making future acquisition relatively prohibitive. Just my 2.^^
    The smiling bears sound so adorably cute, I can't wait to see what they look like! I'd definitely consider purchasing those as well! Among other things I'm sure :P haha

Oh! my avatar isnt my own original drawing, I just resized it, I wish I knew who the artist was so I could give proper credit to them, but I found it in the midst of browsing the internet for Shellie May and Duffy fan photos. The link to my signature was broken, I fixed it, that, I made in photo shop.
    Last edited by Duffette; 10-06-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Bringing the Love

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Duffette View Post
    You bet I'm going to get Japanese TDS costumes . I am thinking about buying a little wardrobe for Duffy and Shellie May, Any Ideas on where to maybe get one that will fit a couple outfits? I'm so excited for my first purchase thru Duffy Post! I love your pictures, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you use?
    As for a wardrobe for the bears, Build A Bear sells plastic ones. You can find them on their website. Another idea is searching on maybe Amazon for a doll clothes wardrobe, like for American Girl dolls (though those would probably be expensive). I just keep my bear's clothes in a couple drawers in the sidetable in my living room and what doesn't fit in there I have in a couple storage boxes from IKEA (I need to get more of those though).

As for cameras... I use various ones. I use the camera on my iPhone, my point & shoot (an Olympus VR-340) and my DSLR (a Canon Rebel XT). Lately though I've been using the iPhone camera the most for Duffy photos so I can share them immediately on his Twitter & Instagram feeds.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Another idea is searching on maybe Amazon for a doll clothes wardrobe, like for American Girl dolls (though those would probably be expensive).
    Authentic American Girl merchandise is almost invariably expensive, but third-party merchandise can be high quality (or not) for a lower price.

Another idea for clothes storage is to use small tension rods (like the kind people might hang curtains on). You could use those inside any kind of cabinet that could fit them--I'm not sure what the smallest size tension rod they make is. I store American Girl clothes on tension rods inside cheap bookshelves because I like seeing the clothes, but I reckon they'd work fine in a deep-enough cabinet. It sounds like your bear/s might end up getting quite a collection of clothes--if that's the case, I'd suggest that you don't hesitate to buy a good/big storage unit now, in preparation for the future.

Of course, if you were handy, or if you know someone who is, you could also carefully measure and drill holes into either side of a cabinet/etc. and slide a dowel rod in there to hang clothes.

• Felice Natale!

Eeee-va, you really are becoming "Ms Interior!" I LOVE that tension rod idea and am thoroughly ashamed I hadn't thought of that myself. Genius! And probably cheaper, bigger, and more tasteful than anything I've ever considered.

You could get any kind of shelf that matches your decor, and with a fabric hanging over the front (or even closing doors), you could even put it in a room where you don't always want to be showing off bear clothes. This is golden!^^

Now I just need a cheap source for durable (plastic/metal/wood) hangers at Duffy scale — in large quantities!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12