Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Sweet Duffy 2014

Just saw this posted on the official TDR Facebook page:

【広å*±ãƒªãƒªãƒ¼ã‚¹ã€‘東京ディズニーリ゠¾ãƒ¼ãƒˆ30周年“ザ・ハピネス・イヤー†ãŒãƒ•ã‚£ãƒŠãƒ¼ãƒ¬ã¸ | 東京ディズニーリゾート・ブãƒ*グ

Bad/loose translation via Google Translate:

Tokyo Disney Resort 30th anniversary of "The Happiness Year" is to finale

Program of Thursday 20 January 6, 2014 (Mon) - March

With Thursday 20 March, 2014, started on April 15, 2013, has created a variety of Happiness so far, "Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary" The Happiness Year "" is, the finale will celebrate.
    Until March 20, from 6 January, will be available for a limited time, a variety of programs full of happiness worthy of the finale of "Tokyo Disney Resort 30th anniversary of" The Happiness Year "".
    In the American Waterfront at Tokyo DisneySea, until March 20 from January 14, special programs goods sherry May and pretty sweets that the motif Duffy, and Duffy costume appearance of pastry wind appeared "Sweet Duffy Held ".Expand to expand the area to New York this year.

In addition, on January 20, performance of restaurants in the "Cape Cod Cook-Off," "My Friend Duffy" is also renewal. Sherry Mae also emerging, you can enjoy a lively show further.
    In Tokyo Disneyland, until March 20 from January 14, to carry out a new program that can be targeted Schoolgirl following Longing for Disney Princess and enjoy the special moments with Disney Princess.

In addition, the same period, I will perform in special version of guest participation, Day parade, which started on April 15, the "Happiness Is Here". Float is stopped, along with fellow Disney, including Mickey Mouse, you can participate in the parade on the spot with gestures and clapping to the music, guests, the "Happiness" smiles more than ever Can you feel.
    Has been built up fellow Disney, guest, cast together, "The Happiness Year" of Tokyo Disney Resort biggest ever.Finale to round out this special one year, please go out together with your family and friends by all means.

[Program Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea]
    ■ 20 January 14 2014 (Tue) - March (Thursday)
    Limited program "Sweet Duffy"

Expand to expand the area to New York from Cape Cod American Waterfront this year, was the motif Sherry Mae and Duffy, special program full of sweets feeling delicious pretty the "Sweet Duffy".
    The program of this limited time, in addition to the ribbon and buttons that can be arranged to the original, about 50 points selling special goods such as kitchen goods such as aprons and panna cotta type of face shape Duffy, miscellaneous goods and costume stuffed sherry May and Duffy and.
    In addition, special menu and desserts of souvenir with the cup cake with the motif of the Duffy was drawn also appeared.
    Furthermore, in addition to greeting in costume form of pastry wind, guest can be photographed together and stuffed sherry May and Duffy of your own, Sherry Mae and Duffy, will be installed in New York a new photo point.

■ 20 January 2014 (Mon) -
    Renewal performances start "My Friend Duffy"
    (Tokyo Disney Sea)
    Stage show where you can enjoy together with your meal "My Friend Duffy" is renewed restaurant of American Waterfront in "Cape Cod Cook-Off". In addition to the story so far, Duffy and Mickey Mouse is to depart on an adventure, and Tippy Mickey Mouse and Duffy, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, the seagull, the story friends "Sherry Mei" Duffy is to be born anew Blue we will unfolds busy.
    ※ performance of the story Duffy is to meet Mickey Mouse will end, on 5 January 2014
    ※ "Cape Cod Cook-Off", Coca-Cola (Japan) Co., Ltd. offers

Welcome new program "Disney Princess" ~ little princess ~
    (Tokyo Disneyland)
    In Tokyo Disneyland, and implement new programs that can be targeted Schoolgirl following Longing for Disney Princess and enjoy the special moments with Disney Princess. And full of compassion sincere, from Disney Princess who to value friendship and courage, in addition to learning the important things and gestures, you can enjoy a wide range of experience as a little princess.
    ※ For more information, I'll let you know as soon as content is determined

Special version for a limited time "Happiness Is Here"
    (Tokyo Disneyland)
    I will perform in special version for a limited time, Day parade, which started a new machine to the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort "Happiness Is Here". Stop in three places the middle, and guests fellow Disney is waging such as clapping and gestures together on the spot.

■ 14 June January 2014 (Mon) - March (Friday)
    Limited program "Tower of Terror: Level 13"
    (Tokyo Disney Sea)
    In the elevator to vertical fall by paranormal, popular attractions involve the vortex of screaming fear and the guest "Tower of Terror". You can experience the thrill and excitement that a limited time this year, falling number of times or more, special effect is applied or, different from the usual.
    ■ 16 23rd January 2014 (Thu) - February (Sun)
    Special program "Valentine's Night 2014"
    (Tokyo Disney Sea)
    In 15 days of limited until the 16th February from January 23, the American Waterfront at "Broadway Music Theater", can enjoy such special show, Valentine program of Disney unique "Valentine's Night 2014" I will be carried out.
    The special show, you can see the moment you put on the Disney classics with live orchestra, dreams and wishes of fellow Disney come true. This year, I present the original goods to all participants further. It will also provide implementation and drink in restaurants stores, a program that can be enjoyed while around the park.

※ The participation of "Valentine's Night 2014", dedicated passport (advance ticket) is required. Will be on sale from mid-December a private passport. In addition, in "Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Package", in addition to a dedicated passport, plan etc. and greeting fellow Disney to appear in the "Valentine's Night 2014" inside, will be on sale from mid-November the three plans .
    ※ For more information about the program, I will let you know at the Tokyo Disney Resort official website in early December

[Program of Disney hotels]
    ■ 14 June January 2014 (Mon) - March (Friday)
    Campus Day Passport, Campus 2-Day Passport purchaser limited benefits
    (Disney hotels)
    The Disney three hotels, for students you have passport deals student and limited "Campus Day Passport" and "Campus 2-Day Passport" to offer a variety of benefits.
    «Restaurant»
    The restaurant at the Disney hotel, you offer discounts to enjoy the deals and lunch and sweets with the motif of a fellow Disney.
    ※ details such as the offers and target restaurant, (Disney hotels Official website www.disneyhotels.jp please visit)
    «Campaign»
    Period up to March 13, from 6 January, and staying at Disney hotels of three, for students who purchased the "Campus 2-Day Passport" and lunch casual dining of the Disney Ambassador Hotel "Chef Mickey" Perform a campaign to invite you to buffet. In this campaign, you can apply in the application form to delivery when purchasing a campus 2-Day Passport at Disney hotels.
    ※ The purchase "Campus Day Passport" and "Campus 2-Day Passport", You must show student ID
    is "Campus 2-Day Passport" ※, Disney hotels addition, they will be staying in hotels specified, college, graduate school, College students, and various professional schools can purchase
    ※ sale start date of "Campus Day Passport" is different denominations, by the point of sale. For more information, please visit Tokyo Disney Resort official website (www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp)

In addition, the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and Disney Ambassador Hotel, I will offer the accommodation offer of campus 2-Day Passport with.
    As a graduation trip travel and spring break with friends, in the Tokyo Disney Resort, please spend a nice moment.

※ The accommodation offer of 2-Day Passport with campus, can be booked Tokyo Disney Resort official website (www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp)

There is a case to be changed holding period of each program, the name, the contents
    Be sure to click on the link though because.... ARTWORK & PREVIEW OF SWEET DUFFY COSTUMES!!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Sweet Duffy 2014

January 20~March 14

This is very interesting. Sweet Duffy takes over all of American Waterfront! Oh, it really will feel like the teddy bear fever of the early 20th Century! I hope they'll have different menu offerings at Cape Cod Cook-off and New York Deli! I wonder if the other New York restaurants like Sakura and Sailing Day Buffet will get in on it, too? Imagine - a whole buffet of Duffy-themed wonderness! Oh my gosh! I would if this stretches to the TEDDY Roosevelt Lounge onboard the S.S. Columbia!! This is super exciting!

I just have to say... Duffy and ShellieMay are seriously getting HUGE, like out of control! Consider that this will likely be immediately followed up with a park-wide Spring Voyage (Finale?) event. Can you imagine this ever happening in the US parks, even in the distant future? OLC has so much confidence in their characters and in his infectious love.

It's not like the merchandise for Sweet Duffy wasn't already all over McDuck's, but this takes it to a new level by making it part of the canon. Speaking of, it also does something that I've wanted to happen narratively for a long, long time. It justifies Duffy's placement in McDuck's and folds New York into the Duffy story. This could even be great for US Disney, since it sort of expands the space into really characterizing Duffy as "American." Intelligent, passionate, effective collaboration this year could save US Duffy from what feels at times like numbered days. Oh, I this! Thanks, Aimster!!!

PS: Looks like there will be a Duffy Pannacotta again, and a Duffy Cupcake! Mmm! And it sounds like the goods will include lots of kitchen utensils! I love how so much Duffy merchandise is useful, to create downhome comfort...at home! Aaand...there will be some kind of ribbon-/button-making thing as the "original goods" designed by guests, a first for the Sweet Duffy event!

There should be about 50 different merchandise items! Plus, there WILL be a "special menu." Janell, with all this ribbon talk and considering the strap on the popcorn buckets, you may just see a Sweet Duffy popcorn carrier next year - pure speculation on my part, though!

There will also be a new special Photo Point installed in New York where guests can take a photo with their own bears - and themselves! Another first, to combine a human/bear Photo Point! This is starting to sound like the biggest Sweet Duffy yet!

It's also interesting to me that for this event the bears will be wearing absolutely the most "pre-Duffy" Cape Cod costumes I have ever seen. These look like they could be uniforms for Aunt Peg's the way it existed as a confectionery and knick-knack shop when TDS first opened! LOVE IT!!! I hope that plays a role in the story. I hope there really is story development for this, maybe even a new book.

I still can't believe we've never had a Halloween or Christmas storybook. But if there was a new Sweet Duffy book that featured Scrooge and McDuck's, I would quickly get over it. It is my deepest hope that we'll finally see some kind of illustrated (preferred) or photo story book for Spring Voyage if next year is the final year. It just seems such a shame not to preserve that as a storybook. Pop-up even!

But...does anybody else think it's really weird that we're seeing Sweet Duffy 2014 costumes before 2013's Snow Falling on Cape Cod Christmas??
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-08-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added dates and bold details.

Those outfits are adorable! I missed out this year on Sweet Duffy. Definitely won't do it next year. ^.^

• Adventures with Duffy

OMG OMG those are so cute. I love them. I soooo cant wait.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, so these costumes look like something the CM might ware? Thats cool.

I love the idea of Sweet Duffy taking over the New York area. It gives them more room to decorate and have great photo ops.

DuffyD I think its so odd we know about Sweet Duffy before Christmas. Im guessing they know they dont need to presell the Christmas season but maybe since Jan and Feb are low attendance months they are trying to say hey look what we are doing?

D
    uffeteer

• Adventures with Duffy

Popcorn!?!? Ill take your thoughts DuffyD, as you usually are right on. 50 items, is that more then normal for Sweet Duffy?

D
    uffeteer

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Red Face Re: Sweet Duffy 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    DuffyD, so these costumes look like something the CM might ware? Thats cool.

I was afraid I said that in a confusing way, and just too lazy to say it better. No, the Aunt Peg's Village Store CM uniforms don't actually look like this. But these look very similar to Aunt Peg's costume on the sign outside, and just have the same..."feel"...as that photos and merchandise I've seen from pre-Duffy Village Store. I just the way they are constantly retconning Duffy, making him exist before he existed, making him timeless. It is genius! I wish Disney was doing super creative stuff like this with him in other areas. He's clearly capable of it.

• Adventures with Duffy

Oh I see. Thats a great way to look at it, they are making him there before he was there. Duffy is timeless, at least he has been in my heart.

So what are you hoping they come out with for Sweet Duffy?

D
    uffeteer

• I love that tiny bear!

There's a definite country flair to the walkabout costumes! (From the few photos I've seen of Aunt Peg's, it strikes me as "Country Cape Cod," if that is a thing. Which is some decor I'd like to try. )

I really like Duffy's outfit already (all it needs is some pants for the plush form), and I'm interested to see what Shellie May's full plush costume looks like.

Sweet Duffy 2014 sounds amazing overall! I need to start saving up for, oh, I don't know, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    But...does anybody else think it's really weird that we're seeing Sweet Duffy 2014 costumes before 2013's Snow Falling on Cape Cod Christmas??
    YES! Well, hopefully soon. In America I get annoyed that Christmas things start coming out well before Halloween...but I want to see Duffy's Christmas things NOW!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Omigosh, omigosh! First of all, this is probably not at all what's happening, but I just had the most wonderful vision...

You see how the release shows the mascot characters, that's weird right? And then it talks about the new special bear/human Photo Point in New York? Uh huh, uh huh...

Well, what if the story is that Duffy and ShellieMay actually open a new cafe (food stand), maybe even with (cold, though) patio seating or something in New York and they actually have the bears in or around it?!

Like I said, that's probably NOT happening, but it would be so cool and it would put guests literally inside the story!^^

I actually don't think the crowds would be all that dire, either. I mean, not necessarily worse than the meet 'n greets they do now. It's not like I'd expect them to actually serve food or anything. I just really hope there's a real story behind the expansion and not just marketing.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

So what are you hoping they come out with for Sweet Duffy?
    I have desperately wanted this little ceramic bowl set (left) from the installation last year for months:

It goes with the kitchen theme and matches the heart motif and color palette, so maybe I've got a shot?

I also hope they release some sort of mold, even if it's not the same as last year's (I'm guessing full bodied^^). A few folks missed out on that last year and I've regretted it ever since. I hope they get another chance.

Of course, my perennial wish is for a replica of the carved wooden Sweet Rescue Duffy, but I am not really holding my breath for that to EVER materialize...

How about everybody else?^^

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, I like your ideas. I love the fireman Duffy.

I would love a cake mold. Or cookie cutters. I'm not that picky lol. As you can tell I hope they keep doing things we can make at home. It's fun to cook with Duffy at home

its pretty safe to say I want everything. I want more duffy size things. He so needs a traveling and a coffee shop mug in his size. Tea, coffee, hot coco, it doesn't matter. I love another CCC and a secondary costume. I want every day clothes too. What would they ware out during this time of year, when they aren't working in the cafe?

since Duffy is about sharing love and joy, cell phone case would be cool ( and it would make me upgrade to a new phone lol) iPad, iPad mini and other devices covers would be cool too.

for the home, I love the idea of flatware/silverware. DuffyD bowls would be a good thing, maybe plates too. Oh my gosh. Duffy size plates and silverware! So he could eat with you. We need some home decorations. Oh like table clothes like the tables they have out during this season.

I know this wont happen, I would love if Lesportsac did a pattern with Duffy and sweet duffy is the perfect time. It's such a cute theme. If OLC is reading please do a voyager backpack in Duffy.

Eee-va, I hear you on Christmas is already out in store. I don't mind Christmas early on line or in flyers that tell us what's coming out, like with they do for Duffy and for what's happening in the parks. I like to plan. But out in the stores so early, it's like hurry up get what ever before its gone and Halloween hasn't come yet nor has Halloween stuff gone on sale yet. oh well

D
    uffeteer

Oh my gaaaawwwwsh, so cute! The Sweet Duffy costumes are going to be so cute and country (assuming they'll be based on the walkabout costumes). I love your ideas, DuffyD and DuffyGuardian. I hope they come to light! Especially the potential replica of Sweet Rescue Duffy -- I would totally display it prominently in my house if it ever became available!!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

...What would they ware out during this time of year, when they aren't working in the cafe?
    Their Home Sweet Christmas knit sets, or their Duffle Coats, or their best of Cannery Clothing Co - the Winter outfits? They're all set.^^ Though I won't be surprised if there are new coat sets as the secondary costume, too.

I actually am kinda thinking it would be cool if they never do more Cannery Clothing Co, as it preserves the "specialness" of those as one super outfit for each season...and saves me about $400! But, of course, if they do...they're bound to be irresistible. I'd really rather have Cannery Cobbler shoes, though.

I think phone cases are very likely, since it's a romantic time and a great opportunity to sell pair phone things with each bear. Dishes and flatware are fairly certain, too, I reckon.

I also think we'll see a Duffy LeSportsac eventually. Spring Voyage would be the better time, though, I think, since it's all about bags and travel.

This Sweet Duffy announcement is very exciting, sure, but it really does feel a bit awkward to be chatting so much about Sweet Duffy when we haven't even seen the Christmas stuff yet...

• I Heart ShellieMay!

This looks really cute but I have a hard time getting excited about it before Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast