Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: "A snowy Christmas Eve in Cape Cod"

Me too, my refresh button will ware out soon. I'm on a mobile device so I can't get DuffyD photo to work either. I'm guessing he was so tired when he posted something didn't go right. He will fix it later I'm sure.

ive already got my email started for the post, with my info in it. It's just waiting for OLC to post.
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 10-17-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• I Heart ShellieMay!

The photo he posted is a cute picture of Duffy from Spring Voyage to cheer us up. Don't worry, you're not missing a Christmas update picture!

Thank you Boog1981 LOL

• when you wish...

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

My favorite Christmas outfit so far has been 2012. I really loved the Victorian style, the plaid detail, and the little caroling books. The sweaters from 2011 were also very cute, and I'm sure I'd try to get them if they ever popped up on eBay. I hope "a snowy Christmas Eve in Cape Cod" exceeds my expectations and blows both 2011 and 2012 out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    Thanks, The First Star! I had trouble finding pictures of the costumes.
    You're welcome.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    ...I hope "a snowy Christmas Eve in Cape Cod" exceeds my expectations and blows both 2011 and 2012 out of the water.
    "Blows BOTH Home Sweet Christmas AND Cape Cod Carolers out of the water?" That's a pretty tall order. I don't think that's very likely. As much as I this year's Halloween Cat/Bat, they don't "blow away" Duffy's Halloween Dream. They match it, and there's a nostalgia factor that adds a cherry on top, but Halloween Dream is still equally incredible.

The same as Carolers is also my favorite Christmas series, but I don't really think it's better than Home Sweet Christmas. It's as good as, and very different. I'm wondering how Snowy Christmas Eve (SCE) is gonna differentialte itself from Home Sweet Christmas, past sweaters and TWO releases of Duffel Coats if it's based in going outside and "playing in the snow?" I'm honestly a little nervous upon reading the English press release that it will somehow be derivative or redundant. We'll know by Tuesday at the latest, but my expectations are that, at best, I will like it as much as 2011 or 2012. "More than" is very, very unlikely, I think. Both of those releases were instant classics.

Am I the only one but everytime I see DuffyD post I feel like he is going to tell us the site is up? XD

I am very curious as to how this one will be different from the other years. I am so excited. Maybe the reason it is taking longer is because they have something very special for us. Oh I really hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    "Blows BOTH Home Sweet Christmas AND Cape Cod Carolers out of the water?" That's a pretty tall order. I don't think that's very likely. As much as I this year's Halloween Cat/Bat, they don't "blow away" Duffy's Halloween Dream. They match it, and there's a nostalgia factor that adds a cherry on top, but Halloween Dream is still equally incredible.

The same as Carolers is also my favorite Christmas series, but I don't really think it's better than Home Sweet Christmas. It's as good as, and very different. I'm wondering how Snowy Christmas Eve (SCE) is gonna differentialte itself from Home Sweet Christmas, past sweaters and TWO releases of Duffel Coats if it's based in going outside and "playing in the snow?" I'm honestly a little nervous upon reading the English press release that it will somehow be derivative or redundant. We'll know by Tuesday at the latest, but my expectations are that, at best, I will like it as much as 2011 or 2012. "More than" is very, very unlikely, I think. Both of those releases were instant classics.
    Hehe good point. I think this delay has got me on such pins and needles that it's ratcheting up my expectations. I need to take a deep breath and back away from the refresh key, lol

I think what I meant is that I hope it will be more expansive in terms of variety of product, though, what with the 40 types of merchandise compared to previous years' 25-30. I'm hoping it will match the other Christmas releases in the of quality of design and materials, but that it will exceed prior years' releases in terms of giftability. More than memos, tins, and mini stockings, but perhaps little things that can be practical and gifted to a wide range of people. Therefore, I think the stocking stuffers could have a lot of potential, and I'm just as excited and curious about those as I am about the rest of SCE.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: "A snowy Christmas Eve in Cape Cod"

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I think what I meant is that I hope it will be more expansive in terms of variety of product, though, what with the 40 types of merchandise compared to previous years' 25-30. I'm hoping it will match the other Christmas releases in the of quality of design and materials, but that it will exceed prior years' releases in terms of giftability. More than memos, tins, and mini stockings, but perhaps little things that can be practical and gifted to a wide range of people. Therefore, I think the stocking stuffers could have a lot of potential, and I'm just as excited and curious about those as I am about the rest of SCE.
    LGM-style: OOOoooOOOoooh! I like the way you think!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    LGM-style: OoOoOoOoOoOoOoooh…! I like the way you think!
    OOOOh I saw this site update and then saw a post from DuffyDaisuki and thought the site was up! LOL

• Munchings & Crunchings

I thought about the costumes again after the English press release. And...I think the PJ's are out. It seems like they will be outside playing in the snow. Also, like DuffyD, I thought of the past sweaters (especially Home Sweet Christmas), and also the coats over the years. So, my thought was that maybe this time they will actually make puffy down coats for them this time? They've never done that kind of jacket before for them, and I think it could look really cute. So, I'm thinking down coats, hats & gloves.

• Adventures with Duffy

I like your coat idea Girgi. I can see snow boots too. OMG this is silly but a ski set would be kind of cute. with snow sunglasses or googles

D
    uffeteer

That would be so cute, DuffyGuardian. With skis and ski poles! I could imagine it would be like this picture, which was shot to promote Duffy's arrival in Paris in 2011:

Here's a link to that old article: Duffy The Disney Bear Arrives at Disneyland Resort Paris ツォ Disney Parks Blog

Edit: Sorry about not editing out the other pictures. And I apologize ahead of time if you saw this and thought it was the first leak. It's not. It's old!!
    Last edited by The First Star; 10-17-2013 at 10:54 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

I forgot about those. Very cute thank you for posting. Some of the costumes do for this event were amazing. It's getting harder and harder to wait for the release. I still keep wondering why they are waiting?

D
    uffeteer

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I agree, DG. It feels strange. If they don't do it in the next 30 minutes, I'm guessing it won't happen before Monday. And some subscribers and park guests will even have DisneyFAN earlier. In fact, at this point, that's probably what we should hope for. So weird…

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast