Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Re: "A snowy Christmas Eve in Cape Cod"

I just love the SCE and COC outfits! They are so adorable in their CW+SCE super outfits!

I am disappointed in the stocking stuffers, as I was expecting a homemade feel, too. The design is cute, and they are practical (if only for the ladies), but they just don't have that "special" Christmas feel the way the SCE items have.

I really like the wreath, too, but I'm wondering about the size. Does anyone know how large past wreaths have been?

Shellie's sled in bear-size would be so amazing, DuffyGuardian! I'll cross my fingers that they'll sell them, too.

• I love that tiny bear!

The figurine is adorable! I haven't decided at all what I want to get, but I think I will have "Duffy cake" this time!

I'm also a bit disappointed about a lack of smiling bears, though I'd never really EXPECTED them as much as hoped or dreamed. (If they did appear on launch day, I want/need them, though. )

I'm also disappointed by the "stocking stuffers," but I guess that is an excuse for us to make our own handmade Cape Cod crafts!

The socks are cute, though I'm not sure my feet would fit in them. (My understanding is that I would have a hard time finding women's shoes in Japan.)

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    SCE Strap Set ¥2000
    This looks interesting. It appears that SnowDuffy is loop/chain type, Duffy is hanging headphone type and Shellie is Plugy perch type, for Danimated!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    I love that they halloween friends are back for christmas too.
    Not surprised since they appeared last year too. Now they just need to give Mr. Gobble one piece of merch and I'll be happy.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I think the Cape Costumes are cute, just inculpate. I get that it matches what the walk around Duffy and Shellie will be waring. For the guest bears, it needs more to the costume. I do love the bow and hat they are waring.
    I really don't see the COC Costumes as incomplete the way other costumes would be, because there is no concept of them being more than the capes. That said, I also really, really love Mickey's blue top hat. If they add that top hat when they fill these out someday, you can color me very happy indeed!

As for not seeing the Snowbear lights, if they dont do them I will truely be shocked as they didnt so a Shellie one. It will show us that if you like something you have to get it when you see it. I didn't get it last year thinking it would be offered this year. oops
    I only got one last year, so I'll be pretty upset about it, too. I really hope that doesn't happen and it just hasn't appeared yet. There are some things on the margins in that DisneyFAN image, and there may even be another page for all we know. I still want to believe the SnowShellie light is coming. It would really take us full circle back to the past, though, when releases were completely unpredictable and you really, REALLY had to buy it when you see it cos it's gone the next day and they never made it again. That's exciting, but also stressful. I'm not sure which I prefer.

I love that they halloween friends are back for christmas too. I hope over time they get developed more and the story takes on more, there is a lot they could do with it and it would be so special to cape cod.
    I still find these guys risky. I didn't really care for them much when they debuted last Halloween. I accepted them more by Cape Cod Carolers because they had some familiarity and the Carolers design really needed community. I still wish Halloween Parade had been multiple Duffys and Shellies.

I actually found them really charming in this year's Halloween Party. Even though the basic concept was pretty generic, the artwork and execution were excellent, and I think these "atmosphere" characters were part of that. I actually thought that I was "almost" ready for them to have names, though of course we already know Mr Gobble.

For Snowy Christmas Eve, though, I am doubtful about their presence. It just looks like an event in which I'm really gonna wish it was only Duffy and Shellie on that sleigh and everything else was just buildings. I can't make out the concept art clearly in anything I've seen yet, but I do kinda miss the private, quiet Christmas atmosphere of Home Sweet Christmas. If these guys are gonna be around every year now, it's never gonna be more subdued than last year's Carolers. I think high energy and lots of people is great for Halloween, and usually better. Christmas, though, is a more intimate time and I'm not sure I always want these guys there. Of all of them, the Cats have grown on me the most, I guess. The monkey seems nice and I like the classic Disney design of the pig(?), but I'm just not "in love" with them like I am with the bears, and honestly, I don't want to be. I thought the same thing about Shellie once upon a time, though...

DuffyD, have they done a surprise on opening day before?
    Yeah, totally! They used to NEVER announce everything on the site; there was ALWAYS something new that wasn't there, and often was only available at Aunt Peg's, back in the days of four-hour lines. I don't miss those lines. I love the energy and excitement, but the lines were awful. It's a terrible feeling to be at a park as wonderful as TDS and spend all of your time there standing in line. I hope we're not going back to that.

The mysterious surprise was usually a premium item, like a necklace or earrings, and relatively expensive. The surprise element was fun, but for me, being able to anticipate by looking online is just as much fun in a different way, and far more satisfying, practically. I am far more pleased when they satisfy me by designing and creating beyond my expectations. The "faux CCC" costume combo of matching Christmas Wishes with Snowy Christmas Eve to create these super costumes is delightful. And the level of detail in the Colors of Christmas pieces is just fantastic! I like being surprised by the way they do things, not surprised at the parks to find I didn't budget enough money, but "I better buy it now cos it won't be here tomorrow." That kind of pressure is not really fun for me. Exciting, but not fun. I don't wanna go back to that.

...Reading a lot of you talk about expecting more hand made looking items. Makes me wish they had gone that route. The idea would have been very cool. Im not so girly to like all the pink scarf and gloves. Plus what about the guys who like Duffy? I wish it was more universal and not so girly.
    *sigh* Yes, this is extremely disappointing for both of the reasons listed above. Unfortunately, it is also super cute, very practical, and will make really awesome relatively affordable gifts for high school and junior high school kids to give to girlfriends and girl friends. Even elementary schoolers could enjoy the bags, I think. And, of course, for the ladies. After seeing what Stocking Stuffers turned out to be, though, I realized that peripheral non-costume Duffy merchandise really does tend to be for the collector crowd, so these cutesy things may really make some student Duffy fans very happy. I guess that's good. I wish men mattered to OLC. One of the things I loved about Japan Disney initially was the thought that it was so inclusive, but the longer I've been a fan here, the more I realize that the same way the US company sees itself "for children," OLC often sees itself "for ladies." But since they don't actively market to men, and make every effort to make their most popular products less appealing to men (it sometimes seems), it's hard to really believe that more men wouldn't be bigger fans if they weren't being anti-marketed.

I think a great thing would be to have Shellies slead in bear size.
    That sled would make a great display, but it would be over ¥10,000, I guess, so I'm kinda relieved not to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    I tried to set myself up for the possibility of no smiling bears but it still is disappointing to have it be true. There's a lot to be excited about though.
    YES! ...and yes. I still haven't given up hope on the smiling bears; it makes so much sense to do it this year! It will really be a big blow and I will never try to guess or predict about them again. But you're right, there's lots to be excited about. Plus, I still feel like something's missing. There's that "one more thing" that I'm just not seeing yet... I'd love it to be a light-up Hurricane Point Lighthouse figurine on the same scale as the Figurine we've seen, but I doubt that's happening. Still, there's something I just feel is still coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    The figurine is adorable! I haven't decided at all what I want to get, but I think I will have "Duffy cake" this time!
    The Baumkuchen is delicious. I recommend it as cake with fondue! It's perfect!

I'm also a bit disappointed about a lack of smiling bears, though I'd never really EXPECTED them as much as hoped or dreamed. (If they did appear on launch day, I want/need them, though. )
    You're right, of course. Unfortunately, I let myself "expect" them, as I have done too many times. I won't make the mistake again if they really don't appear this year. The problem about quiet launch day releases, particularly of items that are likely to sell out fast, is that there is no efficient way to handle them with the Post. I'm afraid going this route again may lead to a lot of disappointment for our community, and I hope that doesn't happen.

I'm also disappointed by the "stocking stuffers," but I guess that is an excuse for us to make our own handmade Cape Cod crafts!
    Yes, let's do this! It would be so fun to do a Secret Santa one year, with our own homemade gifts! There'd need to be a minimum/maximum range for cost, and I think it would be more fun if we had a theme, but no one knows who got their name until the box comes! That could be really fun! Also, I love "Cape Cod Crafts!"

The socks are cute, though I'm not sure my feet would fit in them. (My understanding is that I would have a hard time finding women's shoes in Japan.)
    Hm...I dunno. The official site may post size information, but my guess is that they'll be size-free. I have no idea what the range is for that, though.

• I love that tiny bear!

I thought I saw something on the socks that said 22-25 cm, but maybe I'm misunderstanding. Per some random site on the Internet, that would be up to about a size 9 women's US shoe size. (Though I know in the US, sock sizes are sometimes something else entirely, so I have no idea! Plus socks ARE stretchy, granted.)

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I actually didn't read closely; you're totally right. Guess I won't get these after all.

From reading around, there should be a Lunch Case and "Tray," too. There were no photos. I'm guessing the "tray" is those Baskets we've been seeing at Cook-off.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-20-2013 at 11:09 PM.

• Tower of Tower Nut

I found this image on Instagram this morning. Not sure if it is for this holiday season or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The capes are perfect! Very happy with this direction for COC!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTnut View Post
    I found this image on Instagram this morning. Not sure if it is for this holiday season or not.
    It looks to me like Shellie May is wearing her Christmas cap/bow-so I would say it is for this Christmas. (of course that could be my wishful thinking because I think it is adorable!)

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

TOTNut, the bag was one of the items in the images that were posted.

• I love that tiny bear!

TDR de ASOBLOG has a delightful picture of what I assume is the Cape Cod Christmas tree. Is that new? It looks like it's decorated with the ornaments described in the press release, was it?

2013ǯ1021ε* | ǥˡ꥾ de ֥

• Adventures with Duffy

Cute photo. I think its was from a few years ago. It looks like Duffys hat is from 2010 (I think) Its like the jacket that is being released this season.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I'd love to have household tree ornaments that are like those big ones.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 10-21-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: needed to finish my thought.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Found more pics from Disney Fan. Nothing we don't already know, just a better view of the badges:

Name:  picresized_th_1382382840_duff.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  o0255047412723648465.png
Views: 94
Size:  201.9 KB

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast