Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Passing the time until a Christmas update......

So....... I saw the pic of the Elf costume and thought "why not hop in the car and grab a couple?". DD and I get ready and drive to WDW. Logic says they should sell the DUFFY Elf in Epcot in the Duffy store-so we head there.

ooops forgot it is Food and Wine. Hmm how bad could it be on a Saturday? AAA parking row 80!~ (Never knew Epcot had a row 80 but whatever). DD finally got a chance to ride the tram....... We get into the park and head to Mouse Gears-nope no Elf. We head to Duffy shop. Less than helpful CM tells me they don't have it, they have never had it. She can't call to find out who has it, but I am welcome to go stand in the hour long line at Guest Services to see if they can call. (I'll pass). Logic kicks in again-we have had really good luck finding costumes at resorts. OK lets head to Yacht and Beach club. Let's swim upstream dodging all those who have "had a few too many" and are now pushing strollers and schlep all the way to the resort. We make it to Beach club. CM in the shop says "Duffy who?" ok, let's try someone else. We go to the lobby, DD says "let's as her!" (Greeter). DD marchs up to Greeter and explains that we are looking for the Duffy Elf. Greeter says hmmm let me go ask someone. Greeter comes back a few minutes and says "why don't you have a seat" I am going to call around and see if I can find one. 30 minutes later comes back and says "The Elf is not sold on property". I explain that we know it is sold on property we just don't know where. She comes back a few minutes later with she "thinks the stores have it, but they can't sell it until the Christmas party". Well ok then, we thank her and head out. I know that does not sound right so I ask DD if she would like to try Boardwalk? We head over there (completely forgetting Swan/and Dolphin is hosting a Food an Wine event) dodging more people on bikes who probably should not be driving anything with wheels ........

ok, so we make it to BW-DD heads to the Duffy area and asked the CM if they have the Elf. Nope, never heard of it. (But DD did manage to trade for two Duffy pins she did not have). I look at DD and say-"you know that section three feet away has Christmas stuff, let's ask". I ask CM if she has the Duffy Elf (still with me?) she says "follow me" and leads us to and empty shelf.

to be continued

• Adventures with Duffy

mmomie, Im loven your story. I feel like Im right there with you and its fun.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Thumbs up Re: Passing the time until a Christmas update......

I agree, and I needed a bit of frustration-***-humor this morning. It's like a piping hot cup of fresh perspective. Just the pick-me-up I was looking for. Thank you.^^

But also...the suspense is KILLING me! You guys are trying to give me a full-on nervous breakdown, aren't you? ...

We were at Epcot this afternoon too! What a freakin' nightmare! I knew there was a reason we don't go to Epcot on the weekend during Food and Wine! Still got some good food and saw a friend who we are now going to a movie with tomorrow. I will be keeping a lookout for that elf costume also. I adore Christmas and this is one that I MUST own! In other news, I got a puppet Duffy today!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Sorry, the family demanded dinner

• Tower of Tower Nut

I have checked all over Disneyland and Disney California adventure but no elf costume yet. I did send a message to the Instagramer but have not heard back from them yet.

ok, back to the empty shelf.......(shelf that used to hold an elf LOL)

CM looks at me and says "they were there this morning" and "they were right next to the 17 inch Duffy's. Well maybe they pulled them" (Yeah um no that is so not going to work for me, but instead of going HULK on this Cm)I keep it together and sweetly ask "can you see if you have more in the back?". Now, you know it and I know-there is NEVER more in the back. But see my DD doesn't know it. The Cm looks at DD's sad face and says "I will call someone" (gee now WHERE have I heard THAT before). She picks up the phone and calls "someone", while she is on the phone another guest comes up (and clearly I am wearing my invisible suit, because she does not see that this CM is helping me) and demands to know "how much this light up thing is". God love this CM, she says "Ma'am as soon as I am off this call and done helping this guest, I will help you". That's it no way is she going to be in the mood to help me. In fact she says into the phone "thank you for checking" in a very flat tone.......

She turns to the "light up" lady and forced a smile and said "I would be happy to look up that price for you. And to let you know, all of these items are color coded with the price so next time you won't have to wait".

"Light up" lady scurried off......

I am standing there thinking how disappointed DD is going to be...

CM turns to me smiles and says "They are bringing one from the back"

Um wait, one? hmmm Ok welll umm. One is better than none right?

A second CM appeared out of no where with 3 sets (Happy happy happy!)

• Adventures with Duffy

Yay you got one. I love nice CM like that. They really do bring the magic.

The whole Elf on the Shelf idea, now I want one of those costumes. Disney should thank you for helping them sell their product.

D
    uffeteer

Oh wow. Congrats mmommie! I didn't think this story would have a happy ending. >.<

• I Heart ShellieMay!

It's frustrating when we have better info than the CM's! Glad you found it though.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    …The whole Elf on the Shelf idea, now I want one of those costumes. Disney should thank you for helping them sell their product.
    Elf on the Shelf was my first thought when I saw that costume. I became OBSESSED with the concept when I discovered it last month! Yes, I'm late to this party. I was immediately struck by how it successfully got parents to think of the Elf and be creative with it, very similar to what Duffeteers do with Duffy. As soon as I saw this costume, it was on my must have list. Thank heavens for a good CM.^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    Oh wow. Congrats mmommie! I didn't think this story would have a happy ending. >.<
    I was nervous about that, too. I'm relieved it worked out!

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, I guess until now I just didnt get the whole Elf on Shelf thing. I wasnt into it, till I realized it could be Duffy. Duffy makes everything more fun.

D
    uffeteer

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Elf on the Shelf creeps me out to the Nth degree. I just don't get it. Not sure if I'm going to get the elf costume for Duffy. It's REALLY cute and I like it but he (and Shellie May) already have several Christmas themed outfits. Really don't need more but we'll see. Then again I said the same thing when the Sulley costume came out, decided I wasn't going to get it because it was suck a PITA to find but once I finally saw it in person I totally caved. I'm such a hypocrite.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234