Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: One WishLister's useful PayPal tips!^^

Guess I better quit fussing about the 5 item Duffy limit we have at WDW and the outlets.

DuffyD, I am sure I speak for everyone here-we REALLLY appreciate the time and effort you put into Duffy on our behalf.

People do make mistakes. As I said before, the mistake I made was a lapse in judgment that will not happen again so the thought of my wishlist being ignored (when, for this one single time it happened, the rules say that the fee will be tacked on to my shipping fee) for it seems harsh. It was my first time ever doing something like this, and even after reading the rules I got so nervous and anxious that I was going to make a mistake that I guess it ended up being a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
    The problem arises when people just don't care and keep making mistakes or act like they're entitled to the Duffy Post even after deliberately being lazy with their wish list. I don't think there needs to be a "zero tolerance policy" because human error is going to happen on occasion. But then again, there are those who probably don't need to participate in the post because they don't want to put the effort in to doing it right. And I certainly DO want to put in the effort.

• Happy Spring!

Kittyloaf, please don't feel like all of this is targeted at you. It isn't.

I do think Aimster has some merit in her advice.

In my opinion, everyone should be allowed one error on their first transfer of funds because it can be confusing. I'm not saying people should make the error or not be cautious to avoid the error, but that the error shouldn't be repeated. There shouldn't be confusion on the Wish List, because there is an example to follow.

DuffyD, if you do ever lean toward cutting someone off (even temporarily) because of errors, my suggestion is that if they make an error (say on the transfer of funds) that is their warning. They should have learned from the error and be sure not to repeat. If they then make the same error again (the second time being because they weren't extra diligent) maybe enforce a policy.

The Post is complicated enough without people adding additional stress by not submitting by the deadline, submitting with incorrect format, changing the list after it is submitted, not paying as soon as funds are requested, and/or not paying correctly.

No repeat offenders!

(I love this emote by the way. Perfect for this. DuffyD, you should include this in every E-mail that you have to send for errors!)

ILG

In a way, I can see the zero tolerance as a good thing. In my opinion once your list is submitted-no changes. List not submitted by the deadline-sorry, you need to wait until the next trip. Money not transferred by the deadline-sorry, you need to wait until the next trip.

Yes, it may sound "harsh". But the reality is by doing any of these things you are making more work and further delaying the rest that did what they were supposed to. (Or even worse-causing Duffy D to spend is own money-which should never be allowed)

I say all of this as a relative newbie to the post. This is my second shopping trip. I had to skip Halloween because I knew I would not have everything together to be able to submit in time. I still get nervous when submitting a list and transferring money. But I learned something that first trip-there is almost ALWAYS someone online to answer questions. (Trust me I drove a few people nuts with my questions that first transfer). My first transfer was umm "interesting". I think DuffyD is almost done with therapy lol.

At the end of the day, we are all here because we love Duffy (and Shellie May). We have a found a kind soul who shares our love and is willing to "go the distance" to help us further our love of Duffy. Easing his burden should be something we all work toward.

I did feel a little targeted I guess. Probably because I was the only one in the thread that admitted to a mistake and I took the responses about other kinds of mishaps as directed at me.

mmommie, yes that does make sense. The way I interpreted "zero tolerance" was not just "wait til the next trip," it was "you made a small mistake, but tough noogies. You will never be able to use the Duffy Post again." And the things you listed like not having a list done by the deadline or not transferring money in time, those things are grounds to have to wait until next time.

• Happy Spring!

I do agree with mmommie regarding zero tolerance for submission and payment timing and changes post submission.

I was thinking about the error with PayPal.
    When I submitted my first WL, I had been on the group for like 2 days, didn't know how to look at other threads, knew nothing about fora. Utilizing PayPal to send money was foreign. At the time, there were no pictures. I followed instructions. I was nave.

I think it is a bit harsh to completely reject someone on their first time submitting due to a transfer error. But the rest is completely avoidable, even for first-timers.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyloaf View Post
    I did feel a little targeted I guess. Probably because I was the only one in the thread that admitted to a mistake and I took the responses about other kinds of mishaps as directed at me.

mmommie, yes that does make sense. The way I interpreted "zero tolerance" was not just "wait til the next trip," it was "you made a small mistake, but tough noogies. You will never be able to use the Duffy Post again." And the things you listed like not having a list done by the deadline or not transferring money in time, those things are grounds to have to wait until next time.
    Oh Sweetie! I am a walking, talking mistake!!!!! You are so not alone. I think we have ALL done it. Since I posted I have been thinking about the truly bone headed things I have done (Yep I even triple checked the paypal address and still messed something up).

On a side note- it is REALLLLLLY hard to shop for other people. (I just found this out). I don't envy Duffy D having to do that. I found myself checking to see if the cardboard inside the box was wrinkled , if Mickey had a cute enough face, if the fur was fluffy......... (And I was only shopping for a couple of people). The CM's must think I am nuts. (Well I am nuts-but they did not need to know LOl)

• I Heart ShellieMay!

We all make mistakes. For me on the Christmas shopping trip, I had to rely solely on my phone to be able to see everything and make my list since I was away from home. There were some problems being able to post pictures that I had questions about and I felt really stupid but life goes on.

I'm never trying to waste any of you or DuffyD's time and I try my absolute best to always be a well informed, good wishlister. I got my Wishlist done but there were moments where I thought I was going to have to scrap the whole thing. Don't feel bad, kittyloaf. It happens to the best of us!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I wasn't targeting you either, Kittyloaf. Everything I said in my other post was all in general, not singling out one particular person.

I do agree that if it's someone very first time participating in the post and their first transfer... if they make a mistake, they get a warning. I think I even made a boo boo the first time I used the post (which was 2 years ago). I'd been using Paypal for a long time paying for ebay purchases, but sending money that will be converted to foreign currency was new to me. I know I'd caused DuffyD a few headaches in the past but I quickly made up for it.

But yeah it should be if you don't submit your wishlist on time or can't transfer money by D-Day.... You have to wait til the next shopping trip.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I've made mistakes with the post myself. Especially when Paypal was involved. I try my best to be diligent, but everyone makes mistakes. I think it's when it's habitual, or rather than a mistake in clarity, it's something like just not even bothering to pay attention to deadlines, or instructions.

The cut-off date is a good one. I know there are LOTS of instructions that go along with the Duffy Post, but the deadline for submission is pretty clear, but if a person just disregards deadlines, I can see how a zero tolerance policy would help there. I know that when I have missed the deadlines because I might not have the money available then, I email DuffyD and ask if I can pay the regular shopping fees for a special trip. I can't inconvenience other wish listers because I wasn't on time, that's no fair to them. But I do know there are people out there that just don't care that much to pay attention to dates, and deadlines.

Oh, and I also think that DuffyD is more tolerant of mistakes from "regular posters" who, you know...contribute and post around here (like all of you guys), than he is of people who only show up to make a wish list and are never seen again.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    people who only show up to make a wish list and are never seen again.
    There have been a LOT of those around here lately.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I also think that DuffyD is more tolerant of mistakes from "regular posters" who, you know...contribute and post around here (like all of you guys), than he is of people who only show up to make a wish list and are never seen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There have been a LOT of those around here lately.
    These things are true. And, actually, I'm thinking that from 2014 Duffy Post will really be just something I do for the current WishListers whom I already know, with new WLers being added only by invite from me or direct introduction by existing WLers. As long as the current crop of WLers (including the few who were not able to participate at Christmas - I'm not forgetting you!) continue to support the Post every time it's offered, I think there are enough to keep it going. One person last week wasted a LOT of my time (actually a person I know IRL ie: not only online). There are, regardless, major changes coming to WLer eligibility, but I have to get Christmas out before I can really work out all the details.

At this point, though, more than ever, WishListing is a favor I do for my friends. The era of it as a "shopping service" open to anyone is a thing of the past. So, existing WLers, I hope I can count on your continued strong support! I realize that a lot of the current WLers became my better friends because of the Post, but new Duffeteers with that goal will have to do it in the other order, and work harder to have my trust. Them's the breaks.^^

Thank you for all that you do, DuffyDaisuki. I was able to make a wish list for the Christmas trip, and hopefully did it in a correct manner. I'm new to this forum, and haven't been active at all. I started my job at the beginning of September and haven't had a free minute since. First year teaching sure is busy and stressful. Hopefully as the year progresses I'll be able to spend more time here. I've been a long time Disney fan, and a more recent Duffy fan (with completing the Disney College Program this past spring). It's nice to see others like me do exist.

Thanks Duffy D for the insights into the post and many thanks for all that you do for us. Really, really, really appreciate it. I totally love TDS and truly adore Duffy/Shellie-May so it really means a lot to be able to be part of the post and will definitely continue to support it

Btw Happy Halloween Everytime I look at Shellie-may in her adorable halloween cat outfit, I am really thankful and remember all the efforts you went to in bringing it to her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12