Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hello? Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Mrs. Clause?

That is just crazy. Last December (1st-10th), 1. MK @ WDW wasn't even decorated until a few days into the trip and 2. Duffy was in his sailor outfit at first, but was in his Christmas outfit when we had our photo op (at Epcot, of course).

Edited to make it not seem like Duffy was at MK.
    The first Christmas Party in MK is the 8th this year and I think they are turning on the castle lights tomorrow. The lights in the Studio come on Friday. Guess I will have to check and see what Duffy is wearing at Epcot.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I really wish I could just pop over to WDW like you can, mmommie. I wonder if it would lose the specialness if that was the case. I'm guessing not, based on you and the other locals down there.

I don't know about all the decorations and timing, but I remember showing up at MK and the big tree and garland down Main Street were not there one day then there the next. In early December.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 11-05-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: more to say

I don't think WDW loses it's appeal at all being local. Especially this time of year. We will be at DHS Friday or Saturday night for Osbourne Lights. And then DTD for Festival of the Masters on Sat/Sun. And of course going to DTD AMC theater for Thor 2 on Sunday morning!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I don't think WDW loses it's appeal at all being local. Especially this time of year. We will be at DHS Friday or Saturday night for Osbourne Lights. And then DTD for Festival of the Masters on Sat/Sun. And of course going to DTD AMC theater for Thor 2 on Sunday morning!
    We will be at Festival of the Masters this weekend. My daughter is friends with one of the artists. Not sure when we are doing Osbourne lights yet-we try do save that for the day after Thanksgiving-but it doesn't always work. I did not realize Thor 2 was coming out this weekend.

I really wish I could just pop over to WDW like you can, mmommie. I wonder if it would lose the specialness if that was the case. I'm guessing not, based on you and the other locals down there.

I don't know about all the decorations and timing, but I remember showing up at MK and the big tree and garland down Main Street were not there one day then there the next. In early December.
    Living close doesn't really lose the magic. We are there often for school or just to hang out. It takes the pressure off. You don't need to do everything-it is not going anywhere. I will say we live close to SW and Universal. Have not been to Universal in YEARS. Have not been to SW in almost a year (and we drive by it everyday).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

When I had an AP in 2000-2001 I went almost every weekend because my now ex was always working and if my (then) friends weren't around, I'd hop in the car and drive to Orlando on a whim. I started getting burned out toward the end though and didn't get another AP until last year. I did the Florida resident 3/4 day passes and broke up my trips as back then you had like 6 months to use them. I'm thinking next year though I may not renew my pass and get one to Universal instead for a change of pace (I'm anxious to check out the Harry Potter expansion). I also have an AP to Busch Gardens (which I've had for several years now as they're my "home" park).

Anyhow, my Duffy is one lucky bear. He just won a contest on Twitter held by Quaker Steak & Lube (they're a wing place, if you didn't know; they're looking to open a location in Orlando in the near future - right now the on Florida location is in my neck of the woods). He tweeted a pic of his Halloween costume and won a $10 gift card and a bottle of his choice of wing sauce! He's pretty excited and already told me next time my boyfriend & I go there we HAVE to take him too since it'll be HIS gift card we'll be using.

Here's hoping he can win us some tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party next week!

I had an Ap even when I didn't live in Florida. I don't know that I could go without an Ap. We had Ap to Universal for a couple years-but found we really didn't go. So, we dropped the Universal pass and have not looked back.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I guess I'm not the only one who was MIA! I've been busy working/obsessing over the Frozen pin DS.com came out with (and sold out of) yesterday morning! Anyways, I have the Premiere AP which works in both CA and Fla and I love it. It really does take the pressure off. I live in CA & we go almost every week and to WDW a couple times a year. It's really great for WDW since we don't have to feel like we need to do everything to make the most of our tickets, especially when my son takes long naps in the afternoons. The pass let's us do the parks our way.

• I love that tiny bear!

I had an AP for Disneyland once, even though I'm a day's drive away. We took 3 trips in a year's time. It didn't lose the magic (and if I were a local I'd definitely get an AP). But there is a different kind of magic to only making the occasional trip. (Granted, going once a year plus reading obsessively online makes me get mistaken for a local at DL. )

My next destination is WDW, though, because my BFF lives in Florida.

Mrs. Clause?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    I've been busy working/obsessing over the Frozen pin DS.com came out with (and sold out of) yesterday morning!
    I'll take it!

It's kind of funny because it's a Spring Voyage smiling Shellie May, so it makes sense that she'd need nice warm clothes for winter. (never mind our winter is rather mild)

I'm planning to paint the designs around the edge of the cape (technically they should be appliques? cutouts? but that's not going to happen). I might add a pink collar over the purple fur that is trying to eat Shellie May's head but I love the fuzziness so much, I'm not sure. The shirt also needs rosemaling, but it's not going to show at all with the mittens or the cape, so that seems to be getting postponed. Then long-term I'd like to put in pompoms on the edge (we'll see, though) and at some point before WDW I think I'll make her some boots.

As soon as I saw Anna's clothes I thought Shellie May needed them. Looking at a meet-and-greet, I'm pretty sure my chipper and enthusiastic Shellie May is somehow related to Anna. Small spoilers in the video I think. :P

Too cute, Eeee-va! It looks really good.

Eeee-va, really nice job. Is the cape made of felt or fleece?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Seriously Eeee-va, I am about to pass out from the cuteness!! I love it.

Boog, what are you going to pass? Do you need a hospital?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Boog, what are you going to pass? Do you need a hospital?
    Ha ha! I accidentally posted my comment before I finished! I meant to say I'm about to pass out from the cuteness! Thanks for checking though!

• Munchings & Crunchings

OMG Eeee-va! That is amazing! You're skills at recreating costumes is great. This, the little Mermaid and Golden Zephyr CM costumes...I wish I had your talent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast