Build a Bear coupon McDonalds

I took DD to Mcdonalds today (which I NEVER do) because I read about the tiny BAB toy and coupon here. We have not opened the bear yet (got some as gifts) so what is the coupon for? Is it like a 10.00 off 30.00 or something? (I am Mcdonalds challenged

Re: Build a Bear coupon McDonalds

Something like that, you can also use them to get a free little shirt for the little bear in get in the happy meal

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I was given one of the coupons. It is indeed $10 off $30.

I wonder if you can use both sides of the coupon. One side is for a free mini tee the other is 10.00 off 30.00 purchase.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I think you can, but I didn't take the mini stuffy, as it is absolutely the last thing I need in the house.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I posted in this thread but I guess it got eaten. I get those $10 off $30 or more in my email at least once a month it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I posted in this thread but I guess it got eaten. I get those $10 off $30 or more in my email at least once a month it seems.
    The email coupon is not the same as the coupon I was asking about. I get the email one all the time now as well. I also get the "we missed you-spend more money" coupons in my email.

Next time I am actually in BAB I will ask if I can use both sides of the McDonalds coupon.

• I love that tiny bear!

I used the coupon today for the shirt, no purchase required. They asked me if it was a boy or girl animal, then gave me a girl shirt. They also gave me the coupon back, telling me I could use the coupon on the back. (So in theory I could even go back again and get another shirt without another Happy Meal purchase, though I have no plans to.)

I'm not sure if all stores were instructed the same way, but I would be VERY surprised if you couldn't use both sides at once, as I imagine the whole idea of the free mini-shirt is to get you in the store, where you just might buy things. And it seems to me that if they didn't offer but you asked to keep the coupon to use later after claiming your shirt, they still might let you.

I tried it on my Magnet Tiny Shellie May (in the ballpark of the same size as the badge bears; I think slightly smaller though). It was a tight squeeze to get it on, and didn't fit the best, but wasn't awful. I thought a lot worse of the fit until I saw it on the bunny I (well, actually, Shellie May) got in the Happy Meal...I think it actually looks a little better on Tiny Shellie May! Unless I stretched it out when I was trying it on her.

Crummy picture; sorry--I didn't see HOW awful it was until I got on the computer. Skirt is my own creation and probably helps puff it out at the hem a bit--it's very loose at the hem on the Build a Bear animal too.

Slightly better picture to make up for it.

That shirt looks pretty good on her! I got that same one and put it on the bear I got the coupon with-- it's a little big.
    I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the McDonald's bears. In the past when they had mini Build a Bears they were better quality. Oh, well.
    It was the same deal with the coupon at my local Build a Bear, too. I showed it to the worker person, got to pick out the shirt, and she gave it back to me so I could use the coupon later. It did surprise me a bit because like Eeee-va I wondered what would keep me from using it for another shirt. I thought they would mark it or something like at some fast food restaurants that mark your cup after you come back for your one free re-fill :x

When I used the coupon for the free shirt they stamped that side so I could not use it again

• I love that tiny bear!

They had so many shirts at our Build a Bear, I don't know if they needed to keep people from re-using anyway...I don't know that they can do anything with the unclaimed shirts except throw them out?

I imagine if there were any question about having enough shirts, a store would be wise to stamp used coupons, though.