Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bear clothes at Sea World

I had read here that Sea World Orlando no longer sold their version of the "Build a Bear" animals and clothes. I was happily surprised today to find out that is not true! They still have a rather small selection of outfits (and animals) in the toy shop near Pets A hoy Theater. I was able to get some new "unders" for less than Build a Bear and no shipping. (Plus I got an annual pass discount). Two piece outfits were 12.99 and they were really cute! Going to have to run back over there with the bears and get some Christmas pictures.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Bear clothes at Sea World

They still have a make your own stuffed animal at Busch Gardens too. They added a cute snowman for Christmas along with some cute Christmas outfits. They had a couple Christmas t-shirts too but my folks were at the park today and said they didn't have any shirts. I'm going Saturday so maybe they'll have them out during Christmas Town. The shirts were only $2.99 and I get a passholder discount so we'll see.

• Munchings & Crunchings

What do the clothes look like? Are they like BAB's, or are they better?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    What do the clothes look like? Are they like BAB's, or are they better?
    I will get DD to round up the bears in some of the clothes and get some pictures. Some of the outfits are quite cute-lots of fairies and ruffles and things. There is also a Karate set, fireman, hawaiian shirt and in the past I have bought Christmas tees. I did not see any yesterday, but they may be a Christmas event only type item. I did ask about the Elf suit a penguin was wearing and was told they were out of stock.

As far as the quality- we have several pieces that have been played with for a few years and have not noticed any tearing or anything. Just as a comparison- the satin panties I bought at BAB are shredding (falling apart) the ones I bought at SW seem stiffer and may wear a little better.

The quality of the Busch gardens stuff varies. Some is decent but others look & feel cheap. I have some cute sneakers that zip up and a couple outfits from there though - a floral dress & matching hat for Shellie May and the Hawaiian shirt & shorts for Duffy. The Hawaiian shirt has changed since the one I got in 2011 though as they use a different pattern now. I like the one I have better. I also pair the shorts (since they're white) with the US Duffy sailor suit costume sometimes.

I'll try to remember to take photos of what they currently have when I go on Saturday. Besides the Christmas stuff I saw last week, they have various sports & career costumes (football, fireman, police, navy), and lots of girlie stuff like a couple fairy costumes, PJs, dresses and stuff.

That's the same shirt they had at Busch Gardens. I want to get it... hoping they have them in stock tomorrow during Christmas Town!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. So the parks aren't actually making their own bear clothes, but using another company to produce them. I'll bet that saves them production cost.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm always disappointed when the non-Disney parks sell bear clothes but none are branded with the name of the park. I went to Cedar Point and they may have had Bear Factory clothes (I don't recall the brand, but it was clearly some third party). But whatever they had were simply stock clothes. I understand the desire to save on production costs, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to at least print a T-shirt with the park name. In fact, if I had a bear clothes company, I'd gladly print branded shirts along with the regular line; the park could take a royalty by increasing the selling price a bit.

Actually, they had at least one pre-dressed bear in a Cedar Point sweatshirt that probably would've fit my 12" Duffy for far cheaper than any Disney outfit (I think it was $15 or less). But I didn't really care for the sweatshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm always disappointed when the non-Disney parks sell bear clothes but none are branded with the name of the park.
    Universal Orlando had their own branded shirts at the "make your own stuffed animal" section they had in the Studios Store in City Walk (heard that section isn't there anymore though). I got a Cat In the Hat shirt that says "Islands of Adventure" on it.

And... checked at Busch Gardens last night and the t-shirts were all gone. So were the make your own snowman. Those sold out fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm always disappointed when the non-Disney parks sell bear clothes but none are branded with the name of the park. I went to Cedar Point and they may have had Bear Factory clothes (I don't recall the brand, but it was clearly some third party). But whatever they had were simply stock clothes. I understand the desire to save on production costs, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to at least print a T-shirt with the park name. In fact, if I had a bear clothes company, I'd gladly print branded shirts along with the regular line; the park could take a royalty by increasing the selling price a bit.

Actually, they had at least one pre-dressed bear in a Cedar Point sweatshirt that probably would've fit my 12" Duffy for far cheaper than any Disney outfit (I think it was $15 or less). But I didn't really care for the sweatshirt.
    We bought Frankenmuth tees this summer for 3.00 I think. They are a little on the small side. But the bears wanted a way to remember their time with Yogi bear LOL.

Frankenmuth?! OMG We went there all the time when I was a kid. Where did you get the shirts there? Might have to send my folks on a mission once they get back north for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Frankenmuth?! OMG We went there all the time when I was a kid. Where did you get the shirts there? Might have to send my folks on a mission once they get back north for the summer.
    Are you from Michigan? We bought the tees at Bavarian Inn in the Doll/Teddybear shop.

Born and raised in Michigan. Moved to Florida in 1999. Oh the Bavarian Inn. I know that place well. Best fried chicken dinner ever!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Born and raised in Michigan. Moved to Florida in 1999. Oh the Bavarian Inn. I know that place well. Best fried chicken dinner ever!
    Zehnders is better.

Guess I should post the pics of the bears and the glockenspiel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast