Spring Voyage 2014 - Anyone going?

I wish I could set-up a poll to find out if anyone else is going?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Spring Voyage 2014 - Anyone going?

I wish I could go! After my WDW trip in January I am considering seriously saving up my money towards a trip to Tokyo DisneySea. But even if I got the most amazing deals possible, I'm not sure I could make it before 2015. (Probably later.)

Never mind that the outstanding Sweet Duffy 2014 items are not helping me save money AT ALL. :P

I would LOVE to take my sister for her birthday! I was hoping even to score a night in one of the special Duffy rooms at Miracosta, but it looks like I may have missed out already!

I haven't tested to see if the Duffy & Mickey special room is avail. Rooms can be booked no more than 6 months out. If you try booking on the website, the latest date that you can see if 19 Jun. Rooms became available for booking at 0900 JST, so if you want a room on 20 Jun, you should try at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern on 19 Dec.

Just a few pointers:
    1) Well BEFORE 0900 JST. Register as a New User FIRST. Allow yourself at least 15 mins to do this.
    2) Departure Day: Means Check-In Date.
    3) Leave Room Type Selection Blank, "Mickey and Duffy's spring voyage special" does not show up in the drop down list.

"-- This website will accept reservations starting at 9:00 a.m. (JST) on the day 6 months before your desired check-in day or 2 months before your desired ticket date. On subsequent days, reservations will be accepted from 5:00 a.m (JST)."

Quote Originally Posted by TDS Duffy View Post
    I haven't tested to see if the Duffy & Mickey special room is avail. Rooms can be booked no more than 6 months out. If you try booking on the website, the latest date that you can see if 19 Jun. Rooms became available for booking at 0900 JST, so if you want a room on 20 Jun, you should try at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern on 19 Dec.

Just a few pointers:
    1) Well BEFORE 0900 JST. Register as a New User FIRST. Allow yourself at least 15 mins to do this.
    2) Departure Day: Means Check-In Date.
    3) Leave Room Type Selection Blank, "Mickey and Duffy's spring voyage special" does not show up in the drop down list.

wow! thank you for these great tips! I think I will try for it the last few days of the promotion and see if I can get something!

Hmm I don't know if I was too slow or what, but I searched at exactly 9 am Japan time and the Duffy room showed fully occupied for June 20. Lots of other room types available though. Is it possible they haven't released the Duffy rooms at all yet, or do they just go THAT fast?

Quote Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
    Hmm I don't know if I was too slow or what, but I searched at exactly 9 am Japan time and the Duffy room showed fully occupied for June 20. Lots of other room types available though. Is it possible they haven't released the Duffy rooms at all yet, or do they just go THAT fast?
    They go that fast. There are only 50 rooms in the hotel that they allocated for Spring Voyage. The first major rush, was when they opened reservations a 2 days ago. It was almost solidly booked about 45 mins after that. Doing the math I estimated that 50 rooms x 76 nights = 3800 room nights were booked in that time.

If you don't find anything right now, you might be able to find one later on. Reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 2 weeks prior to arrival. Don't give up hope yet.

Oh wow, they opened 2 days ago? Man I wish I had known then! I knew it would be around this time but I started looking too late. I will still try for the last couple of nights and like you said, maybe something will open up later on. Once I book airfare though my dates will be limited. I know the last day of Spring Voyage is June 23. Are the Duffy rooms available that night or is June 22 the last night?

Not sure when the rooms stop being available, but err on the side of caution and plan that it ends with the checkin of 22 Jun. The only way to tell for sure is to call and talk to reservations.

When you do decide on your dates, the earlier you go, the better availability for souvenirs.

So I went 0-4 trying to get a Duffy room at Miracosta. The last night (tonight) I actually could see availability, selected it and clicked through as quickly as I could, only to be told the rooms were sold out before I got fully through the process. Oh well, I'll keep checking for a random cancellation and keep telling myself that by NOT staying in a Duffy room that's a whole lotta yen we can spend on souvenirs instead!

• You have much to learn...

I'm hoping to go to Spring Voyage again this year- sometime in April or May- but haven't committed to anything yet. I knew the rooms would sell out quickly so I didn't even bother trying. It just leaves me with more money to go shopping while I'm there.