Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Journey On!

Talking Spring Voyage 2014

It looked like we need a new thread, so here we go. First off, a higher-res image (found at dpost:

As you can see, Duffy sports an almost "photojournalist" vibe. And I think his hat may be going for best ever — I hope it's as stiff as it looks in this art. Also, note the detail on that camera. I've seen a photo somewhere of the walkaround mascot in the new SV costume. I noticed the camera, but stupidly don't seem to have saved or bookmarked it. It's out there, though. Happy hunting!

hint: スプリング•ヴォヤッジ = "Spring Voyage," ダッフィー = "Duffy," カメラ = "camera"

I strongly suspect it's gonna be a real, working mini digital camera, based on the one they used in ads back in 2012, which was a real consumer product. I hope I'm right!

I what I see of the cut of Shellie's top, but I wish it wasn't printed and I bet it's gonna be satin, which I'm not stoked about. That said, I was utterly unthrilled by the early art for Sweet Duffy this year, but it has turned out to be one of my favorite everyday wear sets of all time — maybe even number one. So I'm still cautiously optimistic about Shellie's. I like the bracelet detail, though I wonder how they'll pull that off without serious risk of loss? That will be interesting. I just have to say, too, the Mouses — especially Mickey — look snappier than ever! I'm secretly hoping Duffy gets a lapeled jacket like Mickey's, though I think that's highly unlikely with that vest. Poop.

I'll post more from the press release in a bit. Need to look at it again. Head's pounding and I don't wanna!^^ I do remember that the "picnic" theme seems to be for Cape Cod rather than the main Spring Voyage line-up. Popcorn with mini bucket was confirmed. The "your original" customizable item seems to be some kind of photo frame; I'm hoping it's like a locket.

As much as I'm looking forward to the merchandise, I was also, to be honest, a little deflated reading about the shows. They're all exactly the same. We should think of a creative way to jazz that up online throughout the event, keep things fresh. Maybe a daily poll photo contest or something?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Spring Voyage 2014

I saw that image too on TDR deASOBLOG. Love the new costumes! Very cute!

• Adventures with Duffy

I love the vest idea and the working camera. Sooo looking forward to seeing what they bring out.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the camera! I am a budding new photographer so I'm really stoked. Can't wait to see the merchandise, maybe I'll take part in my first wish list.

Duffy is coming along too!

• No Light, No Light

I can't wait to see everything! A real working camera would be the best!

Thanks for creating a new thread for this, DuffyD, and for providing a better translation! Lol I was so confused by google translate!

• I love that tiny bear!

Photojournalist (or photographer) Duffy?! I need to tell my mom to save her money now, because a Duffy with a camera and a photographer's vest would be a dream item for her. (Too bad (?) I already gave her a US 12" Duffy when she said she missed her childhood teddy bear.)

I wonder if the Smiling SS-size bears (assuming they are back) will come with the camera and bracelet? I assume those items would be sewn on. Interesting to think about how a bracelet would stay on a 17" bear!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I like the looks of the art. I can't wait to see what is actually in store for us, especially the custom item. I love my ShellieMay custom bag tag from last year so I would definitely be interested again. That and I will find it hard to pass up a small smiling Shellie again. Hopefully they do it again.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just saw this posted on Twitter:

Is there going to be a shopping trip for this?

Really like the artwork for this, looks great. Excited to see what's coming for this. Love the idea of a photographer vest for Duffy!

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

Do you think they'll do the flower coin purses again this year?

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Doubt it. Last year was Shellie May's debut so it was only natural to bring Duffy back. I don't see it happening again. Same for the smiling bears.

Of course this is all speculation, I could be wrong. You never know with OLC.

• Adventures with Duffy

What is everyone hoping to see for Spring Voyage?

I'm up for anything Bear size, I'm sure there will be a new popcorn bucket. Maybe do bear size food treats like what guest can buy in the park. They show some with a photo location for SD. Having items to take with you anywhere would be cute in photos.

im hoping for a couple of costumes. It's cool there is one, I just love what OLC designs I wish there was the costume and more everyday clothing.

We see that Shellie may have another hair bow. I wish they do a hat for her. Minnie has one, Shellie would be cute in one.

i love the camera looking bag they did a few years back for Halloween. It works great in the parks. I love one of those for SV. I've said it before I love for Lesportsac to do a Duffy line of bags.

oh I want one of those plastic sheets that guest put down to sit on. Just Duffy size.

• I love that tiny bear!

Shellie May's bow is so simple in the art, I wonder if it might be part of a "super bow" or a hat for the "full" bear costume. Either that, or maybe the rest of her costume is so elaborate that they had to keep the bow simple for cost purposes, which is certainly possible...the cut of the sweater seems to lend itself to a dress instead of just bloomers underneath. (Which is what I'm hoping for!) If the bow IS only a standalone bow, that's OK too; it may be simple, but a season-free pink bow is a great idea for Shellie May.

It seems unlikely, but my favorite costumes for bears are costumes taken from human costumes, so something based on any of the places they visit would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    oh I want one of those plastic sheets that guest put down to sit on. Just Duffy size.
    YES!

I can't even think of many new things I want; there were so many amazing old things. (Many were out of my price range, but they were amazing nonetheless.) A bear-sized photo album/souvenir book would be wonderful.

My number one wish, though, is that ALL the items come out on the website WELL in advance of the release date!

• Adventures with Duffy

I like the thought of Shellie's super bow.

i too would live for every item to be in line and soon so we can check it all out. I'm so excited to see what they put out. Looks like a camera theme, so many fun things to do with that. I think DuffyD talked about a photo locket at some point being a good idea. Bear and humans size. I would love that too. I like having bear sized items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast