• Disneynerd Merprincess

Question New Duffy fan getting him the first time on Valentine's!

Hi Guys!

I've been voraciously reading this forum for the last couple of days and can't get enough! I'm an old MCer and Disney fan, but my SO is taking me to Disneyland for Valentine's, and I've my heart set on finally getting my first Duffy!

(As a former Japanese interpreter, I'll wait until I get to Tokyo DisneySea for the first time for my first Shellie May ❤)
    (..... hopefully within the next couple of years!)
    (......... maybe I won't be able to wait that long and will think about ordering her through Duffy Post and y'all...)
    (............... but I think it wouldn't be as special!)
    (....................... and it wouldn't be as good an excuse to get him to take me to DisneySea! huehuehue )

Anyways, like I've said, I've been reading through the forums obsessively since there's now less than two weeks to my trip (YAHOO!), but I have a couple of questions!

1. Where is the best place to buy Duffy?

I remember seeing somewhere around here that he was only sold at Paradise Pier, is that true?

2. Is there an online, easy-to-navigate listing of the current outfits available?
    I've been looking through the "new duffy merchandise" thread, but I'm kind of confused over how big their selection is and what's just a seasonal item.

3. Is the "Valentine's Duffy" with the 'Be Mine' vest, rose, and cap pre-dressed?
    He's really cute, but I don't want my first Duffy to have to be in Valentine's get-up forever (or to be perhaps more squished/worse looking a bear because of the stitched in clothing).

Thank you so much! Hope to hear back and be a bigger part of this Duffy community on the MC forums (I'm usually found over at the Disneyland Resort subforum, as well as the r/Disney and r/Disneyland subreddits).
    BK15:
    Disney BFF and Partner-In-Crime!

Walt Disney World: 1995, August 2009
    Disneyland: New Years 08/09, January 2010, September 2010, New Years 2011

VALENTINE'S WEEKEND 2014
    ... with the Kristoff to my Anna!

Queen Elsa Is My Homegirl

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Duffy fan getting him the first time on Valentine's!

You can get him at Treasures In Paradise by his meet & greet at Paradise Pier. You can also find him at World of Disney at Downtown Disney.

2. Is there an online, easy-to-navigate listing of the current outfits available?
    Not really because what's listed on the Disney Store site isn't everything that's available at the parks. I can say though some of the current oufits right now include the Mouseketeer, Train Engineer, Sulley, Aviator, Woody, Buzz, boxed Mickey, box PJ's and I think I saw the Stitch costume recently came to Disneyland too (still not at WDW as of earlier this week). Also, clothes from Build a Bear fit Duffy good (90% of my Duffy's outfits are from there). The pants are a little short (by at least an inch or so compared to pants from TDS costumes) because most BAB stuffed animals have shorter legs, but the pants on the Disney-made outfits for Duffy are short too for some reason.

3. Is the "Valentine's Duffy" with the 'Be Mine' vest, rose, and cap pre-dressed?
    Yes. And he's only a 9" bear. The costumes are for the 17" Duffy.

• Disneynerd Merprincess

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You can get him at Treasures In Paradise by his meet & greet at Paradise Pier. You can also find him at World of Disney at Downtown Disney.

Not really because what's listed on the Disney Store site isn't everything that's available at the parks. I can say though some of the current oufits right now include the Mouseketeer, Train Engineer, Sulley, Aviator, Woody, Buzz, boxed Mickey, box PJ's and I think I saw the Stitch costume recently came to Disneyland too (still not at WDW as of earlier this week). Also, clothes from Build a Bear fit Duffy good (90% of my Duffy's outfits are from there). The pants are a little short (by at least an inch or so compared to pants from TDS costumes) because most BAB stuffed animals have shorter legs, but the pants on the Disney-made outfits for Duffy are short too for some reason.

Yes. And he's only a 9" bear. The costumes are for the 17" Duffy.
    Thank you so much for the fast reply! Good to know the Valentine Duffy is significantly smaller -- maybe I'll be able to get him too, then! Do you have any idea how much he's retailed before in previous years?
    BK15:
    Disney BFF and Partner-In-Crime!

Walt Disney World: 1995, August 2009
    Disneyland: New Years 08/09, January 2010, September 2010, New Years 2011

VALENTINE'S WEEKEND 2014
    ... with the Kristoff to my Anna!

Queen Elsa Is My Homegirl

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The 9" Duffy's are $20. The 17" bears and pre-dressed 12" bears are $30. They only came out with the 9" bears a little over a year ago (Halloween 2012). Costumes run $18-$22 for non-boxed ones and $30 for the boxed ones.