Duffy Pin lanyard?

Sticking with the pin theme here. Iím looking for a Duffy lanyard to put my pins on. Has anyone ever come across one? I found one on Etsy but itís made from ribbon which isnít idea. Do these ever turn up at DTS?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Re: Duffy Pin lanyard?

I think I've seen a little set from Hong Kong Disneyland with a Duffy pin lanyard before. You could Google it or check Ebay. It was a little passport set with a few Duffy items in it but I'm fairly certain there was a Duffy themed lanyard involved.

You're right Boog1981! I searched ebay and there was a very nice lanyard with the Passport set. The price is pretty high, but I'll keep looking for another set to pop up. THANK YOU!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by mgmenning View Post
    You're right Boog1981! I searched ebay and there was a very nice lanyard with the Passport set. The price is pretty high, but I'll keep looking for another set to pop up. THANK YOU!
    Yay! I'm glad you were able to find it. Hopefully you find one in a better price range.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmenning View Post
    I'd recommend looking on Chinese auction sites (Taobao is one I can think of off the top of my head) to find the item. It's usually easier and cheaper to find items that way, even when you're using a shopping service. I know I do the same with Japanese merchandise when I want it. Actually, checking on Japanese sites would probably be a good idea too.

The search terms I would use:

• ダッフィー 香港ディズニーランド Duffy Hong Kong Disneyland in Japanese
    • 達菲熊 香港迪士尼樂園 Duffy Hong King Disneyland in Traditional Chinese

Here's a search I set up for you on FromJapan (which I've used before): Click! And here is a search straight on Taobao (I don't have any experience using Chinese shopping services, so I do not have one to recommend): Click!

You can always try to find yourself some more specific search terms. I usually like to go to wikipedia and search for the article on what I want in English and then go to the equivalent wikipedia page in the language I want.

I hope this helps! I would look further for you, but then I'd be tempted to buy some stuff for myself!

ETA: I just took a cursory look at the first page of a search, and I already found something I'd want. I urge you to be careful, mgmenning!

Last edited by setavulos; 02-08-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added a comment

Setavulos, thanks for the links. It's so fun to look at all the Duffy merchandise from other countries. You've ordered from these sites. Have you ever had any problems? Is it a difficult process?

Love the cookie tins and the pen!

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Setavulos, thanks for the links. It's so fun to look at all the Duffy merchandise from other countries. You've ordered from these sites. Have you ever had any problems? Is it a difficult process?

Love the cookie tins and the pen!
    Once you find a service that is inexpensive and you like, not all that difficult. But if you're comparing it to just buying something yourself on eBay, perhaps it is a bit more difficult. I always like to look up a tutorial for that particular shopping service before I try to order anything to get my head around the process.

Generally what you need to do is deposit an amount of money into your account before you do anything. Then you go and find what you want to bid on- and this process may differ depending on the service you use -and then use the shopping service to bid on the item if it is an auction, and just check out with your item if it is a store. You'll make the payment of the item price plus domestic shipping right then. Then once the item arrives at their warehouse you will make a second payment of international shipping. Each time there may be fees involved, so you need to be aware that depending on how expensive the item you want is, you may be looking at bigger fees depending on shopping service.

Some shopping services do give you problems. I hear that Shopping Mall Japan is great but when they mess up they have horrible customer service. Plus the fees are high. And there are complaints like that for probably all of them, so it's up to you on what you want to do.

You don't have to necessarily use these services if you have friends or family in Japan*, but for most people living abroad, these are a pretty good option, in my experience.

*For example, I follow a person on tumblr and they do lots of pickups for various anime and game merch in Japan as a temporary job. They said that they would do online auctions, so I could conceivably go to them and pay a much cheaper rate than if I were to use FromJapan. There are usually limitations on these sorts of things, though. In my example, the person doesn't have a Japanese credit card, so they can only do cash on delivery payments. If you have family members, your downside might be that you can't order that much because you don't want to bother them with packages for you.