Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Talking Spring Voyage 2014

Here's the first preview I've seen of SV merchandise. Dropping everything to go see if I can find the magazine really quick, so hopefully better photos are coming soon!

Disney&MoriGirl Blog

I was right about the theme being photography and cameras! I the smartphone case (but will iPhone fit?!) and the Pass Case!!! And I love the T-shirt — FINALLY ONLY BEARS, and clever design! LOVE IT!!

I'm seriously hoping the Shellie/Basket-themed "Shoulder Bag" turns out go be the same size as last year's Trunk-inspired Camera Case. If so, I'm VERY happy!

Loving all of the picnic stuff, though I wish the bag wasn't so pink. Duffy's reclining pose is adorable, and I've wanted a Pitcher/Cup Set like this forever, but kept waiting. Now I know why.^^

The costumes, though… Hm… Unless they left it out for some reason, no bottoms and no shoes. These are from that picture puzzle magazine, not DisneyFAN, so there's hope, but the price seems lowish, too. Maybe that's really it. I'll still want Shellie's (although I wish it wasn't print), but I may pass on Duffy's if it's just the vest and hat. I already have two sweater vests and two very similar hats.

Which brings me to the new (vinyl?) Totes… Oh! How I looove them!!! I mean really, really love. If I hadn't bought the small ones the first year, they'd be must-buy, but I "had" to have the larger "canvas" ones last year. They were what I wished the first had been. And now these… More durable, more practical — and they look even bigger. But I just don't know if I can buy them again.

This dilemma is why I was really hoping 2014 would be officially announced as the SV Finale. It has to be cohesive with previous years, but we're nearing danger of some things starting to feel repetitive. There are definitely some amazing, must-have items here… But I find myself wondering how they're gonna innovate next year. But if there's nothing like these Vinyl Totes next year… will I regret it?? See, dilemma!

Stop listening to my rambling and go check it out for yourself, and make sure you notice the BATH TOWEL FEATURING MOUNT PROMETHEUS COVERED IN GREEN LIKE HE'S BEEN VISITED BY THE SPRITE FROM FANTASIA 2000! — BraviSEAmo!, anyone?

Re: Spring Voyage 2014

Did we know about the smiling bears before? Because I don't think you mentioned them. They're in the first photo.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    Did we know about the smiling bears before? Because I don't think you mentioned them. They're in the first photo.
    The smiling bears are 12" and they had them last year during SV too. So glad they are making a come back so I get my smiling Shellie this year!

Thanks for posting DuffyD! It looks like there's a lot to be excited about although I agree with you that the costumes are lacking. I love that t-shirt. So glad Shellie made it on there this year too! Oh, and her straw tote is adorable. That would be a perfect Disneyland bag for me.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Nice preview. That tote does look like the camera bag from last year. Really nice continuity.
    What is the deal with the really PINK ShellieMay cushion?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Duffy D, any idea on when D Day will be? Sorry if I missed that info elsewhere.

• Adventures with Duffy

When I saw the costume I first thought, no pants?!? I'm wondering if this is like the Christmas costumes, where there is a full costume(which we aren't seeing yet) and this costume is extra pieces?

looking forward to seeing what else comes out. I think everything is cute, I'm just underwhelmed. The totes are cute, just the same patterns as years past in a different style. I do love the picnic items. Wonder how big the bag is? And what is the item next to the picnic tote? Is it the sheet you put out to sit on? Human or bear size? Which the picnic tote was also in bear size.
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 02-19-2014 at 09:21 AM.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Wonder if Duffy is finally getting the Nanoblock treatment and the blogger purposely left that out? If it's just Mickey and/or Minnie that's just silly.

Thank you for sharing the link, DuffyD! I needed a taste of Easter!

• I love that tiny bear!

The ¥2600 "shoulder bag" is so cute! Not sure I'll get it; I only budget a certain amount for Duffy items and it's likely I'll find other things I "have" to have instead. But I love it!

I think it's my favorite outfit yet for the small Smiling Bears. It is going to take a lot of willpower to keep from getting another Smiling Shellie May, even just for the outfit (and also because she's adorable and I love her).

If there is no dress/pants for the larger bears, that seems rather disappointing. I'm sure the tops are good quality (Shellie May's looks incredible) but the price doesn't seem so great for what's not a full outfit. The good news is that most Duffy fans who like pants for their Duffys surely already have a pair of pants they can pair with this outfit. A dress for Shellie May's top may need to come from Build a Bear, though.

The shirt is crazy-adorable, though it looks like the bears are on the back and I'd want them on the front. It's nice to see so many things are just Shellie May and Duffy, no Mouses. Some of the items, I need to "see" closer before I can make a judgment on them.

Wow, so cute. I'm excited about the photography-related items -- like those camera-themed phone cases and the shirt. Too cute. And the picnic stuff is really cute and useful, too. But I'd be pretty disappointed if the costumes don't have pants or shoes. I don't have any Spring Voyage costumes yet and I've been looking forward to getting costumes with those cute little Spring Voyage shoes. I'm hoping that these are part of a more elaborate costume, like the Christmas outfits, but I'm not holding my breath. The Christmas combo outfits made sense, since they were expanding on the Christmas sets that had been around for a few seasons. I don't see why they would do it for Spring Voyage. But then again, I don't know why they would make such a simple Spring Voyage costume in the first place.

The 12" smiling bears are too cute. I bought the 2012 Spring Voyage smiling bears a while back, and they never made it to my house after being shipped to my mom's house -- she won't let them go! Hehe
    Last edited by The First Star; 02-19-2014 at 10:13 PM.

No luck with magazine. Only place that had it only had sealed copies. Since I'm not sure there's more than the two pages we've seen, I'm not gonna spend the ¥600.

I wonder if we'll get Nanoblock bears? And I'm also hopeful for a Duffy Bus Tomica. I hope it's not actually flocked, though, cos that won't age well.

The costumes don't seem to be "combiners" since Duffy has only ever had a vest, no shirt. And he can't wear two hats. Shellie's would look good with the first SV, though. Weird not to have shoes, since they do that embroidery thing. That's the one thing that gives me hope that maybe the full costume just isn't pictured here.

I think shopping is 4/1~4/3, so let's make D-day 3/15.

• North American Duffeteer

The artwork for Cape Cod Blossoms for this year's Spring Voyage is, cute, creative and fits the theme very well. Duffy relaxing on a hammock and ShellieMay sitting by Duffy's side on the beach near Cape Cod, with the iconic Hurricane Point lighthouse serving as a perfect backdrop. From the selection of merchandise, I think the plate is one of my favorites. The artwork really captures it perfectly.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I like the artwork, and the overall colours, it seems restful. I like the look of the picnic items, and also the photography ones. Gonna find it sooo hard to resist the Smiling Bears!! Think there will be some difficult decisions to make once we know the full details!

Do you think the pitcher/cup set will be plastic or glass? That looks perfect for a day out - or a day in!

Thumbs up Re: Spring Voyage 2014

More photos! Oddly, both these posters say their photos came from DisneyFAN, but the layouts are different. First, D's Blog:

LINK

And I also found this image, but it's very small:

I'm excited about the SV14 Popcorn BASKET!! It looks a lot like the Camera Bag that I didn't buy last year and since regretted. I hope it comes with a bear-sized one, too. It's not clear to me whether the one on the left is a mini version, or just the basket without the cover. The Lunch Case looks to keep this motif, too, which makes it must-have for me. I'm hopeful it's around the same size as the first year's Trunk Tote.

I'm also ECSTATIC to see HURRICANE POINT LIGHTHOUSE! I whatever that is — maybe caramels? It's cool to see Electric Railway getting the SV treatment, although this really only reminds me that they don't actually decorate the real cars.

I'm gonna go ahead and say no bottoms or shoes with the costumes, but we will get Duffy's first Nanoblock, and it's actually cute. I hope Shellie gets one, too!^^

Also, I love in CC Blossoms how Duffy is just relaxing and ShellieMay is busy reading. I think that really matches the characterization in a lot of our heads!

Aaaand you you can see in the tiny print from the D's Blog images that the ShellieMay Basket "Shoulder Bag" measures 9.5H x 14W x 6D cm!! The Compact Camera Trunk from last year was 9.5H x 14W x 6.5D! It's a PERFECT FIT!!! I'm so very happy about this one!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-20-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Everything looks so amazing! Does anyone know how the sizing for the shirt will be compared to typical US sizes?

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

DuffyD that lighthouse!! I need that in my life haha. And the smiling bears. And the pens. And everything wahhhhh need to win the lottery. Thanks for this - can't wait to see more updates as they come out

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast