Newbie - Shellie May Question

Hello all I am very new to this forum and new to collecting The Duffy Bear. I am interested in getting a Shellie May Bear, and I need it for my daughters birthday in July. I am searching Ebay and I am so nervous about getting a fake bear! Does anyone have suggestions? I would order from this forum, but I think they next shopping trip isn't until Sept - I thought I read...

Thank you!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Newbie - Shellie May Question

Quote Originally Posted by Seastar022083 View Post
    Hello all I am very new to this forum and new to collecting The Duffy Bear. I am interested in getting a Shellie May Bear, and I need it for my daughters birthday in July. I am searching Ebay and I am so nervous about getting a fake bear! Does anyone have suggestions? I would order from this forum, but I think they next shopping trip isn't until Sept - I thought I read...

Thank you!!
    I'd like to help, and I hope you stick around, but the next Shopping Day isn't until June 24, so I wonder if eBay may be better for you, especially if you're just looking for ShellieMay. The Duffy Post is really for hardcore collectors. For WishListers who plan to regularly collect several items from each event, the Post is an advantageous, high-value service that adds to the experience of being a Duffy collector (I hope!^^).

For someone just looking to get ShellieMay and then focus on US/local or Build-A-Bear clothing (or nothing), there are many reputable Japanese sellers on eBay. Just be sure to take a long look at their feedback and how long they've been selling Duffy items. I'm sure some sellers lie about their location, too, at this point, but as long as they say they "ship from Japan" and especially if they're located on Tokyo or Kanto/Chiba areas, I imagine you can usually trust them. I like to think no one does the ATTENTION/PASSION part better than me, but the existence of the Post has brought eBay prices into the realm of reason and the eBay sellers are probably reliably faster, too, which ain't so bad!

Thank you for your reply! My Daughter would like this bear for her birthday, but she really doesn't play with Duffy much, so I can see that Shellie May will be more like a collection I can start for her! I am very interested in the adorable clothes only sold in the park (of course they sell for over $50 on ebay). And the other clothes are just so stinking cute I will have to be on the hunt!

I know in older posts people have said they know some good ebay sellers - can anyone recommend??

In the meantime I will scope out the feedback on the sellers I am reviewing. Can I post the items I am looking on here to get opinions?
    Last edited by Seastar022083; 05-31-2014 at 06:20 AM.

This is the bear I am looking at:

New Kawaii Disney Shelliemay Bear Plush 17inch TDS Japan Exclusive Duffy | eBay

Seller has 100% feeback with tons of Shellie May and Duffy Bear items.

I've purchased TDS Duffy and Shellie May items from that seller several times (mostly just costumes, no bears), and everything was always brand new, in perfect condition, and genuinely from TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I've purchased TDS Duffy and Shellie May items from that seller several times (mostly just costumes, no bears), and everything was always brand new, in perfect condition, and genuinely from TDS.
    Thank you!! They are willing to combine shipping for both the bear and costume, so I think I am going to go with this seller.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah that photo looks like a real-deal Shellie to me. I've heard good things about that seller too. I was lucky earlier this year a friend of mine went to TDS and picked up a Shellie May at cost for my mom to give the little girl she babysits. Now I want to get my mom one of her own (she always tries to steal mine).

Hi,

I too have used that seller with no problems.

Thank you all - my bear and the spring voyage outfit is on the way!! I am so excited!!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I hope your daughter loves her Shellie and that you stick around to join us for future releases! In my opinion, you can't beat TDS for Duffy/Shellie clothes.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  119.7 KBName:  photo 2.JPG
Size:  137.8 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Size:  97.4 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Size:  117.5 KBName:  photo 1.JPG
Size:  115.2 KBName:  photo 2.JPG
Size:  93.1 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  127.5 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  106.5 KBOkay here she is - took me a while to sneak some pics as she is my daughters birthday present. I think I have the real deal. The ebay seller even sent me a disney shopping bag and pressed penny from Tokyo and the packaging was so great! You guys tell me - did I do well?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Looks authentic to me! The biggest tell-tale sign on the bears is the storybook hangtag. If it's not on ribbed/textured paper, it's fake.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

She is lovely! I hope that your daughter will shower her with affection.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    …The biggest tell-tale sign on the bears is the storybook hangtag. If it's not on ribbed/textured paper, it's fake.
    Except the more we post what we look for, the better the fakes may get. It's a dilemma, but it's why I don't like discussing these details too much. I wish it was not an issue at all.

Fortunately, Seastar, yours looks authentic. Not only that, she has a great face! I couldn't have chosen a better Shellie myself!

Thank you everyone! May daughter keeps talking about Shellie May so she will be super excited to get her on her birthday! I am super excited because I think I have found a nice little collection to start