• Journey On!

Teddy Olympics 2014: Go Team Duffeteers!^^

FINALLY I have remembered to keep an eye on the Teddy Olympics so that ALL of us who want to can participate as a team!

Here's what I'm thinking: We each submit photos, not specifying a category for the competition. Each photo maybe needs to be its own thread so we can have a poll attached. Duffeteers will then vote for the CATEGORY they think each photo belongs in:

Hugs
    Naps
    Pose
    Sport
    Treats
    Woogling

After we have the photos and categories sorted, the "winners" will each submit ONE photo for competition in the Teddy Olympics. I want to a) avoid any of is competing with each other and b) try to cover all the categories. I hope we each submit ONLY ONE photo in ONE CATEGORY, which will encourage us to have variety, creativity and truly thoughtful photographic composition. I would love it if this year is remembered as the year Duffy stormed the Teddy Olympics and teddy bear fans all over the world respect Duffy fans and find their way here to MiceChat. Let's do this, guys!^^

PS: Any system suggestions that encourage TEAMWORK are eagerly embraced! One more time: Let's do this thing, Duffeteers!*

*Is anyone else as excited as I am that DLRP's new Ratatouille attraction is just a month away?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-31-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Foolishly forgot to post event categories…

• No Light, No Light

Re: Teddy Olympics 2014: Go Team Duffeteers!^^

Sounds like lots of fun! Can't wait!

• Minion

So...it appears you have to have a Twitter account in order to enter?

• Journey On!

Nope, I was worried about that, too. I have a Twitter account, but never use it. While the folks at TeddyOlympics love Twitter, they do also accept email submissions.

Oops! Maybe we do need Twitter after all:

"From May 31st at 7pm the 2014 games will be open to all anipal afleets.

TeddyOlympics are just for fun. If you have more than one Twitter account enter as a team.

No more than ONE submission per event per household please.

You can send an email with your entries pictures to the TeddyOlympics email address below:

[email protected]

Please remember to send us your Twitter name and the name of the event for each entry."
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-31-2014 at 10:07 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Diznygrl, your photos are so great, I think you should definitely get a Twitter account!

If only costuming were an event, that would be up my alley! Ah well.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My Duffy was a torch-bearer again for this year's event. Now he's working on his entries for the competition. Remember only one entry per event but you can enter more than one event.

Here's the thing though... the medals are sent one per team, so if several people on here submit photos for a team entry, only the person who submits the photos gets the medal. It's better to do it all individually if you want a medal for your Duffy because everyone is a winner at the Teddy Olympics.

Having a Twitter account for your Duffy makes all this even more fun as you can interact with other anipals across the globe. My Duffy has made SO many friends through Twitter. He participates in Caykclub, The Aviators, Keepfits and more as well as hanging out at the Teddy Embassy.

What a good idea, I'd never heard of the Teddy Olympics before. Sounds great. Can't do Twitter on the work pc though

• Happy Spring!

Aimster,
    if any of the categories fit, the photos of your Duffy trying to pull the sword from the stone are great.

Naelyan maybe could submit her Darth Vader photo.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Aimster,
    if any of the categories fit, the photos of your Duffy trying to pull the sword from the stone are great.

Naelyan maybe could submit her Darth Vader photo.
    Oh yes, both of those photos are great! If I remember correctly, Naelyan's photo even made it to Duffy's official FB account.

My Duffy's Teddy Olympics photos have been submitted already.

Like I mentioned before... EVERYONE who participates is a winner and will receive a medal once Teddy Olympics are done.

• I love that tiny bear!

Looks like the last day to submit is June 14, so next Saturday, right? Do all pictures also get posted on the website?

It looks like judging is done by a committee, not the site viewers, so our "team" just submitting one photo per category might not help (though it WOULD be nice to have at least one Duffy/Shellie May photo in each event!).

If everyone gets a medal, maybe we can help each other pick our best photos? Or since the timeline is so short, maybe just enter and hope for the best.

Yes you have until June 14 to submit photos. You have until 7pm UK time to send them in.

The "judges" thing is just there because Olympics have judges, you know? There's no one specific "best photo" of each category. As I mentioned before, EVERYONE is a winner. Once closing ceremonies are done on the 21st they'll announce how you can get your medal sent to you (doesn't cost you a thing, it's absolutely free, but they're sent from the UK so those in the UK/Europe will get theirs faster than other countries for the most part).

And yes EVERY photo submitted will be posted on the site.

• Journey On!

There are so many great Duffeteer entries! Yay, everyone!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-15-2014 at 03:33 PM.