Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

New Friend for Duffy at TDS Coming Soon

On the official TDR Blog, they say they'll be announcing a "new friend" for Duffy on June 30 at Hotel MiraCosta.

€Œƒ€ƒƒƒ•‚ƒの–—„Š‹*ち紹‹€ ƒ•‚ƒ‚ƒ™ƒƒˆ‚’–‹‚! | 東京ƒ‡‚‚ƒ‹ƒƒ‚ƒƒˆƒƒ–ƒ*‚

They're holding a fan event for the occasion (info is in the link above, which is in Japanese but if you have Google Translate it gives you a loose translation so you get the gist of it).

They also have a special website set up as a "sleuth" type character is trying to solve a mystery surrounding Duffy and the gelato shop with clues leading up to this "new friend".

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special/duffy_gelato/

Yeah you got me intrigued, TDS. This should be interesting.

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: New Friend for Duffy at TDS Coming Soon

Thanks, Aimster! I wonder what we will see. Here are a couple of stills from the video. I wonder if it will be a new animal/plushie friend, or something else. If it IS a plushie, with the 3 toes, I'm wondering if it could be a smaller friend, which would be fun for me (though potentially disastrous if it was sized so Tiny Shellie May could wear its clothes).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 10.47.28 PM.png 
Views:	417 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	36871

Although, given the size of the figure, it sure looks like it will be Duffy-sized. Assuming it's a friend we can buy. Curiouser and curiouser...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 10.49.02 PM.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	36872

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm hearing rumors from friends in Japan that it'll be an Italian cat named Gelatino (a kind of play on "gelato" since the murals are outside the gelato shop).

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks for posting, Aimster. I tweeted, so hopefully I'll get chosen. I'm not really sure how to check that they'll get it or not, but my fingers are crossed. We'll find out on 6/18, so just one more day to wait. Wish me luck, Duffeteers! I'm sure with your positive thoughts behind me I'll get the chance to meet the new friend!^^

As for the cat theory, I think that's pretty likely. Its ears appear to be long, and there is perhaps a long tail coming up behind it. It also has black fur with white "mittens," like a tuxedo cat, like Figaro, who is often mysteriously retconned as Minnie's cat. Plus, the Pinocchio gang "live" in Mediterranean Harbor, so that makes sense.

Many a Japanese tweeter/blogger has expressed displeasure at Duffy "invading" this area of the park. I wonder if they have a short memory? I was one of the naysayers who was very apprehensive about ShellieMay before her release, and overwhelmingly WRONG and delighted by the result I Shellie! I am confident that when the paint dries and we see the final project, OLC-Disney have created another character worth loving. I can't wait to see what they do!

I also think the black/white color scheme is reminiscent of Oswald, which makes a nice parallel with Oswald as Mickey's brother and "Gelato" as Duffy's brother. I expect the new character will be male. I don't think he'll be a rabbit, though, cos of the long "tail," if I'm guessing well. We'll know soon!

• All Tangled up!

Exciting... I can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Sounds exciting - DuffyD, fingers crossed and hope you get to meet the new friend.

• I love that tiny bear!

When I was little, I always wanted a black and white cat (of the non-stuffed variety, granted). I'm excited to see Duffy's friend!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I'm thinking cat too, I can't wait to see who it is. Good luck DuffyD!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Didn't make it.

So sorry to hear you did not make it.

I'm gonna say rabbit. I don't see a long tail but I do see very long ears. Too long to be a cat.

• All Tangled up!

Seems like they are adding on to the portrait... :O

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Rabbit was my first guess, too, but the paw looks more like a cat to me, and I think a cat fits better in Mediterranean Harbor. Do we think they'll create animals for every Port now? I'm not sure I'd love that…

If it IS a rabbit, I wonder if it's that little rabbit girl who hides every Halloween and Christmas? That was also my first thought, but then I thought not, because she seems to live in Cape Cod. I'd for it to be her, though!

Looking at the latest picture the face looks like Stitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast