Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Looky-look what I found:

These are ¥4800. The bears' costumes will release on 9/5, but we'll have to wait until 10/10 for Gelatoni's. I Gelatoni's so much that I love the bears' even more now and kinda want both of them just for the matching tails!^^ I do wish the bears had full sleeves without that bit of arm showing, but Gelatoni's is simply PURRFECT!! And check out Toni's shiny bell — nice call as usual, Gurgi!

Looking more at these costumes, is it just me or is something off about Shellie's? Maybe I'm just not loving — or understanding — the apparent tiger print, but hers seems less "fancy" somehow than the other two. Maybe if there was a ribbon on the tail, too? I dunno. I am thrilled by Gelatoni's and I like Duffy's a lot. I wish Duffy's accent color was blue, but the green clearly evokes Gelatoni. Maybe it's because I just loved hers last year so much, but Shellie's seems to be the weak link for me this year. Is Shellie's anybody's favorite?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-05-2014 at 08:35 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Gelatoni is a DOUBLE-KITTY!!!! His outfit is is really cute.

I have mixed feelings about Shellie May's, too, and I'm very glad I got last year's badge. But the gray stripes are an interesting choice, and it looks like the gray fur is over pretty much the whole outfit except for the front chest. (I'm not sure how I like the black "panel" edged in lace at the front, but it might look cuter in more dynamic photos.) I'm personally surprised that she doesn't have her near-ubiquitous bow on her head this time around.

A tail bow would be adorable; fortunately, that would also be an easy fix. (You could even put a bell on it too if you wanted!) I wonder how a long/flapper-esque beaded necklace would look with the outfit, though I worry it would conflict with the lace. For better or worse, aside from the orange paws, the outfit doesn't really say "Halloween" to me. Of course, my Kitty Shellie May badge is a year-round guest and I haven't had the heart to put away any of my Christmas Duffies (the closest is letting my straps from TDS live on a knick-knack shelf in the off-season). So I may not be the best judge of the word seasonal.

I do think a Kitty Duffy badge will hopefully be a nice match with last year's Kitty Shellie May (provided the outfit on the badge is detailed enough; it probably will be, but you never know...).

Thanks for the pictures!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    …it might look cuter in more dynamic photos.
    I'm both hoping and dreading that!

I'm personally surprised that she doesn't have her near-ubiquitous bow on her head this time around.
    This is another interesting point I forgot to mention. While Duffy's costume is only one piece and shoes, Shellie's is three — bodysuit, fan cap, ribbon — and shoes. So I think we can maybe choose to put the ribbon on top, and I think it may make me like it more. I do like the ribbon a lot in and of itself, though not enough to pick it up if the costume isn't compelling. I think there may be details in her skirt and boots that aren't apparent yet, too, though. The thing I just can't understand is why tiger? I mean, clearly they're referencing Gelatoni, and he doesn't have stripes.

A tail bow would be adorable; fortunately, that would also be an easy fix. (You could even put a bell on it too if you wanted!) I wonder how a long/flapper-esque beaded necklace would look with the outfit, though I worry it would conflict with the lace.
    I these ideas and sadly(?), I think you just sold it to me! I had been thinking of pearls as a great match, but hadn't settled on any kind of design. The long flapper necklace would make this pop, especially if it is in fact drop-waisted, which is still unclear. And the tail now may even be there. Last year's wasn't shown until you actually opened the costume.

For better or worse, aside from the orange paws, the outfit doesn't really say "Halloween" to me. Of course, my Kitty Shellie May badge is a year-round guest and I haven't had the heart to put away any of my Christmas Duffies (the closest is letting my straps from TDS live on a knick-knack shelf in the off-season). So I may not be the best judge of the word seasonal.
    They actually feel a lot to me like costumes for the Mysterious Mousequerade, which I like. My in-progress story for Gelatoni centers on a festival atmosphere. I may adapt it a bit now.

I do think a Kitty Duffy badge will hopefully be a nice match with last year's Kitty Shellie May…
    I'm hoping they match, too. I think they'll just need to be accessorized a little. Maybe green beads for her and some kind of pink accent for Duffy.

Oh my goodness, Gelatoni's is my favorite. It's the only one that screams New Orleans! I know I will want all three, even though I have similar others.

Gelatoni's outfit looks so good. I like the look of his and Duffy's, and I like the feet of Shellie's outfit!! I know, weird! Great pictures though DuffyD, thanks for posting.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I love Duffy and Gelatoni's! I do find Shellie's to be a bit odd and lacking though. I loved the whole feel of last year's but this one doesn't do it for me. It something about the whole tiger thing and the black in the middle of her top creates this weird visual effect that she has really short arms! Maybe just me.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I love Gelatoni's costume, but Duffy and Shellie May's are hits-and-misses for me: Duffy's is a 60% hit and Shellie May's is a...well, I bet the concept looked a lot better on paper. Gelatoni's outfit is pure awesomeness. It reminds me of the costumes people wear to the Halloween Masquerade balls here in New Orleans. I like Duffy's costume's footpads. The white claws contrast really well against the black and orange of the shoes. I also like the tail, the seafoam green ears and bow tie, and the tuxedo bib.

While I love tigers and tiger-esque stripes, I don't love them on Duffy and Shellie May's costumes, especially Shellie May's. I feel as if the stripes make the solid-colored tail an afterthought. I would probably like the costumes more if the tail also had stripes and if the stripes' and corresponding backgrounds' colors were different. The charcoal gray stripes and the gray background contrast nicely with Duffy's fur color, but Shellie May's color pattern is meh and doesn't make her fur color pop. Futhermore, Halloween is a time to go wild. Throw in a purple, a blue, or some other, more exciting color. They could have used black stripes against orange-hued backgrounds that way the bears match Mickey and Minnie's costume colors but also look like tigers and, therefore, still relate to Gelatoni in a way. Or they could have made the costumes appear as if Gelatoni painted tiger stripes on the bears.

Ha! I didn't even notice the tiger stripes. I thought they were shadows cast by wrinkly velour. I thought it looked terribly luxurious, but now I'm not so sure. ^^

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Finally finished! The system just didn't work today. Less items and less Listers than SV or SD, but it took 12+ hours with the queuing system. I am fluffing exhausted. I have to say, though, not a single item isn't substantially more impressive in hand than in photos. This is a phenomenal release. I can't remember the last time I saw such lines for Duffy; fans were loving it!

Well done Duffy D! You are so totally awesome, I was just browsing the site and realised today was the shopping day!

As for the Halloween costumes, I love love LOVE Gelatoni's!

If I didn't have last years Bat and Kitty outfits I may be tempted to get the Bear's costumes, but I certainly agree with all the things people have found 'off' about them. Duffy's is ok, and I can live with the tiger stripe colours but Shellie's?! No, just doesn't work (in that picture at least - could look better in real life?). For me aswell I don't like the two different pink's - they don't look good together and also the pink compared to the stripe colours is off.

But Gelatoni's is a must have and I want to see all the other items so I can do my wish list........

DH is also on board and said we must get the Gelatoni outfit

Photos from Flickr

Hope you get a rest now DuffyD! Glad the items are all great, and that the fans are loving it.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm so glad the fans loved the new items! Hopefully TDS will release another Cape Cod line in the future with more delightful items.

Yeah, I only really like Gelatoni's costume. The others just don't look very cute to me. They have weird patterns and I'm not sold on their color palettes.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Hello, Hailsnail, welcome to the forum! It's nice to see a fellow New Orleanian!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I'm so glad the fans loved the new items! Hopefully TDS will release another Cape Cod line in the future with more delightful items.
    I foolishly just realized that 2014 marks ten years since the Disney Bear came to Japan, in November. I wonder if they'll do anything special? Or should we consider it next year, since 2005 was the debut of the Duffy name? Either way, this Hometown/Cape Cod release feels like an unofficial anniversary event to me and I'm loving it!

Back to Halloween — I intend to alter Duffy's a bit, making the sleeves into just mittens, cuffed with green fluff and attached with green cord. Then I think I'll love it. The green has even grown on me since seeing Gelatoni's. And, at least in this photo, Duffy's stripe contrast is low enough to feel like texture. In fact, like The First Star, I thought both were just velour at first. I wish we'd been right!

Shellie's is confusing to me. It just seems like there must be some secret I'm missing… Gelatoni's is eight kinda of amazing. And I can see where Duffy's is a matter of preference, but I love it, too, overall. I'm really hoping that seeing Shellie's standing up makes me more okay with it, even if I don't decide to bring it home. Of course, it may be like the insects of 2012 and some people will really love it, others not. I like it for them to make some things not to my taste sometimes; shows that they're creators rather than crowdpleasers. But I like to understand their choices. My problem with Shellie's is that I don't feel like I understand it yet.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast