Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Tower of Tower Nut

Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Love everything. So excited.

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Duffy & Gelatoni's
    MEDITERRANEAN HARBOR HALLOWEEN

*As usual, I took some liberties.^^

MHH Duffy Cat Costume 4800

MHH Shellie Cat Costume 4800

MHH Duffy Badge 1800

MHH Shellie Badge 1800

MHH Duffy Strap 1600

MHH Shellie Strap 1600

MHH 3-Strap Set 2100

MHH Postcard 200

MHH Memo Set 500

MHH Clip Set 1200

MHH Clear File Set 520

MHH Mini-Towel 750

MHH Drawstring Bag 1100

MHH Chocolates 900
    Milk, Raspberry, Pistachio

MHH Cookies 1200
    Coffee, Cranberry, Orange, Butter&Chocolate, Butter&Praline

MHH Sweets Box 1700
    Cheesecake and Espresso Financiers, 3 each
    "Pies," 3 each in Gelatoni and Duffy shapes.
    No filling, so basically "light, flaky sugar-crusted pastries"

MHH Pasta Snacks 800
    Salt, Pescatore

MHH Loungewear 5900

MHH Socks 1200

MHH Lavender Body Cream 1500

MHH Cat Head Cushion 3400

MHH Glass Mug 1900

MHH Instant Coffee Sticks 1500

MHH Lunch Tote 1980

MHH Souvenir Cup 850

MHH Souvenir Plate 850

CAPE COD HARVEST
    (Park Mascot Event Costumes, worn from 9/8)

CCH Costume Duffy 3800

CCH Costume Shellie 3800

CCH Badge Duffy 1800

CCH Badge Shellie 1800

***THESE 3 GELATONI ITEMS
    WILL SHIP SEPARATELY AFTER
    THEIR RELEASE ON 10/10!

MHH Gelatoni Costume 4800

MHH Gelatoni Badge 1800

MHH Gelatoni Strap 1600

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-20-2014 at 04:49 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh my goodness; did anyone notice Shellie May is wearing kitty slippers?!

• No Light, No Light

It's going to be very difficult to not ask for one of each!!

• Felice Natale!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

I really want to reorganize so that it's all of MHH first, then CCH, then Gelatoni 10/10 items since they have a later release date, but iPhone is making me crazy. I've almost deleted things several times, so the fix will have to wait until I get home tonight. I'm sorry.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Oh my goodness; did anyone notice Shellie May is wearing kitty slippers?!
    YES!! And I it with the ears down and the black now, and the key visual! I'll get both Cat costumes and Shellie's amazing CCH dress. That dress will be wonderful with the 2011 Halloween Dream cape and hat! Notice the deep orange-red gossamer underneath; it's easier to see on the Badge. That dress is the GORGEOUS!

And HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thanks to Eeee-va who made it possible to get this info posted today. I literally couldn't have done it alone. THANK YOU!!

• Felice Natale!

Okay, gushing time!! I've been waiting all day for this! Let's start with the bears' cat costumes. I love them both, probably influenced by how much I have fallen in love with Gelatoni. It's crazy. Just like Shellie, they've totally changed/opened my mind. I now see Gelatoni as the cool, wild, unbridled energy one. Where Duffy may have become a little "safe," Gelatoni just goes crazy! I was already feeling this, and then he just started lashing pumpkins like nobody's b'iness! Gelatoni is incredible, and I really hope three is enough plush now. I'm sure they could convince me to care about more, but I really, really don't want to.

It's gonna take time to really get to know Toni because I really don't think he's about to take over Mediterranean Harbor the way Duffy took over Cape Cod; many people, myself included, would hate that. I hope they keep revealing him slowly, but what we see here is an even bigger growth of the specificity of his personality than we saw for Shellie right away. I mean, just look at his go-for-it pose in the 3-strap set; Gelatoni is making himself known. And I what we're seeing. He seemed far more laid back and generic in the initial release and I am living him SO MUCH more here. There's also a second key visual, most clearly seen on the chocolates tin, that has him sitting, but he still looks very animated. Gelatoni's visual style seems more fully realized and cohesive to me in the Halloween items. I'm really loving it!

I made up the part about the bears "surprising" him in Mediterranean Harbor; it only says "visit" in Japanese. But I love the idea that Duffy and Shellie were instant Gelatoni "fans" after meeting him (on Spring Voyage, in my head canon) and couldn't wait to show up in Gelatoni costumes for Halloween — like they planned it all summer after they got back home! And I fell even more in love with the image that they just showed up and he was instantly so excited that he just started cutting up pumpkins! The "non-stop pumpkin carving maestro" is also not in the original text.

In light of this, that the cat costumes are for a very particular trip together overseas with NO Mouses, I really must have them both. Plus, I am really digging the triple cat artwork — that "stacked heads" pose! — and the plastic versions in the 3-strap set and instant coffee bottle.

There's more, but I gotta take a break. Please post thoughts!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I love "non-stop pumpkin carving maestro" DuffyD! That sums it up perfectly. I really am in so much love with all of the art. I just don't know how to narrow down my list. I love the whole feel of it and how the bears ventured out of Cape Cod to visit their new friend on his turf for Halloween. Even though I love the feel of a Cape Cod Halloween, this just feels so right for right now!! I am loving Gelatoni. I guess I can consider myself a convert! I was skeptical but optimistic but I'm just loving his spirit here.

A couple of practical questions about the items: Are there normally magnets on the clips for the clip set? Also, what size do you guys think the lunch tote is? Do you think it's appropriate to use as a seasonal handbag? Thanks for your insights!

• Felice Natale!

They totally converted me too!

No magnets on the clips (but you could add that yourself!^^), but I think the lunch tote could definitely work for carrying a wallet, a phone, a planner and a few little things. No iPad, though. Maybe not even iPad Mini.

• when you wish...

Shellie's Cape Cod costume is an absolute must! I love those jars with Shellie and Duffy on the top, so I will have to get that one to add to my collection.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Premium Passholder

Definitely need the Mediterranean Harbor Gelatoni costume and if I can afford it, I will be adding ShellieMay's Cape Cod Harbor costume to my shopping list as well. What a bounty! The certainly did a wonderful job this year.
    I love how playful Gelatoni looks in all the art! Just how I imagined. Absolutely perfect!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    They totally converted me too!

No magnets on the clips (but you could add that yourself!^^), but I think the lunch tote could definitely work for carrying a wallet, a phone, a planner and a few little things. No iPad, though. Maybe not even iPad Mini.
    Thanks DuffyD! The tote sounds like it will carry all my essentials!

• Felice Natale!

I have totally fallen for these cat costumes, though I wish Duffy's cap was a separate piece, like Shellie's. And I wish they weren't striped, actually. I really wonder why the stripes were done...

Also, I've noticed for a while now that there's a spike in the number of Guests on our boards whenever merchandise releases are posted. I just wanna say THANK YOU to all the lurkers who come out of the shadows and actively participate in the MiceChat community, especially those who choose to become WishListers supporting Duffy Post rather than just relying on the efforts of myself and other MiceChat community members to buy things from eBay or wherever. I really appreciate you. This community is synonymous with my Duffy fandom and collection; if it wasn't here or didn't thrive, I might still love Duffy, but it wouldn't be the same. The excitement, love and joy that we all bring when we come together makes me so happy. I hope people keep stepping out of the shadows and posting long, rambling thoughts about our favorite characters. I also want more fan art and fan fiction! Please?

I know, I know... "Where's mine?" You're right.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-20-2014 at 04:41 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

I LOVE the sitting Gelatoni pose! I wish they'd used it more prominently, myself. I actually like the stripes on the art itself--I think it lends a little extra visual interest, personally (plus I like how they remind me of last year's Kitty Shellie May's leggings). But I think it's a bit of a risky choice on the bears' costumes themselves. It's fun to see how quickly Shellie May has taken to her new friend Gelatoni. What a delightful trio! With the new setting and friend, this doesn't feel to me at all like a retread of last year, despite the repeat of a hooded cat costume.

Have the Japanese fans warmed to Gelatoni? For anyone who doesn't like Gelatoni, this release would be rather disappointing. In almost all the printed items, Gelatoni isn't just present; he's the focal point and/or the one in front. Personally, I think that's very cute for this release and I trust TDS to take his presence down just a touch in future releases.

My mom is SO EXCITED about the Scarecrow/fall outfits!

I don't really decorate for Halloween so there aren't that many items that seem to be useful to me. The clips look amazing; I need to set up the ones I got for Sweet Duffy what, a year or two ago, to see if I need the Halloween ones too. The graphics on the memo set are great too. And the 3-strap set is really lovely...if I weren't so hard on my things, I'd be tempted to get and use them.

(Non-stop pumpkin carving maestro... )

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    …I think it's a bit of a risky choice on the bears' costumes themselves. …Have the Japanese fans warmed to Gelatoni? For anyone who doesn't like Gelatoni, this release would be rather disappointing. In almost all the printed items, Gelatoni isn't just present; he's the focal point and/or the one in front. Personally, I think that's very cute for this release and I trust TDS to take his presence down just a touch in future releases.
    That's an interesting point that I hadn't even really considered because YES, Gelatoni is an instant hit with fans. I've already seen girls with homemade (but 100% professional-looking) Gelatoni ear bands and pin-on tails. And my favorite has been a couple of girls who were wearing Gelatoni's beret as a hair accessory, something I can't believe never occurred to me and that I dearly hope was intended by the design team!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast