Talking Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

Not sure how I missed this 6/20 press release, but Great Gatsby! Halloween at DisneySEA looks freaking AMAZING!!!

1920's design and the main event is "New York Halloween Follies," A SHOW IN WATERFRONT PARK!!!

Plus, finally the Skeletons will be doing street performances all over the park. The harbor show seems to be the same, but if they go all out with merchandising this year, they may finally get me to fall in love with these skeleton guys - I want their long-fingered gloves! Although I'd still really love a refresh of the lagoon show with Phantom of the Opera inspired candelabras like a Halloween interpretation of Candlelight Reflections. Oh well, Follies still has me pretty stoked!

Chip 'n Dale's Skeleton Fiesta will also continue, and Night High Halloween, of course.

But HOLY WOW for a STAGE show, especially one actually themed to the time period of American Waterfront New York! If the music is great, this could be as incredible as Mysterious Masquerade, something I haven't expected for a looong time! It reminds me of the 2002/04 Christmas events, which I have only ever seen in videos sadly, so I'm really excited for this one! Like that jazzy inaugural Harborside Christmas, New York Halloween Follies will even feature Scrooge McDuck!

Duffy and ShellieMay items go on sale 9/5, so let's make D-day 8/22, 11:59 PM Tokyo time. I wonder if Gelatoni will also be featured in the Halloween release??

I haven't been this pumped about Halloween since 2010, except for 2011 and last year's amazing Duffy releases!

Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

The Artwork looks wonderful! I'd love to see a new theme here in the USA.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for posting, DuffyD! This looks amazing. I hope Duffy and Shellie's costumes are as wonderful as last year's. I love, love Halloween so I really look forward to this time of year where we start to get a glimpse of the events for the year.

• I love that tiny bear!

Cape Cod is usually rather different than the general theme, right? But if by chance Duffy and Shellie May had dapper/1920s-themed outfits..........

I had better start saving now, just in case.

• Tower of Tower Nut

so exciting, thank you for sharing DuffyD

So exciting! I can't wait. Definitely getting in on this shopping trip. =D

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    So exciting! I can't wait. Definitely getting in on this shopping trip. =D
    Oh, good! I have a surprise for you!^^

Thumbs up Re: Halloween 2014 is like a breath of fresh air!

I'll have better photos once the magazine hits shelves tomorrow, but here's an Instagram shot of the Halloween costumes. Fortunately, they're very similar to last year, only now Duffy is a cat again, too. If you take a look at their tails, you can see that these are clearly inspired by Gelatoni!

Duffy's a must for me, for the blue ears and tie, and the "tux" look. Judging by this terrible quality photo, though, Shellie's looks very similar to last year, to the point that I may skip it. Though this is a great chance for folks who missed these costumes last year. This is the third time with this concept for Duffy, so I think it's possible we may get something completely different next year.

I'm excited that maybe a lot of the Halloween merchandise will be similar so that I can "recover" from Hometown Duffy!

Drat! Just noticed Shellie doesn't seem to have claws on her toes, which maybe means "Bat," which I'll want. But she clearly has a Gelatoni cat tail…so maybe safe?

Just noticed it also mentions Gelatoni goods will be released 10/10. That's awfully late...

Here's a slightly better image. In this one, we can see that Duffy's bow is more green than blue, and Shellie's appears to be grey rather than black. She also definitely has clawed gloves… so maybe her toe claws are black or something??

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-21-2014 at 04:51 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thank you for the news, DuffyD! With how quickly the costumes sold out last year, Iam glad they gave people another shot at cat outfits. It is also good to help us prioritize what we need most from TDS!

• when you wish...

I didn't buy Shellie's costume last year, so I might get it this year. I only bought the pink skeleton top (I don't remember the name). I'm excited to see all the other items. I love Halloween!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

I wish we did Halloween in a bigger way here. I love the look of the costumes, but just don't see how I can justify them. I'm hoping there will be lots of other items I can talk myself into though as the themeing seems fabulous!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I got Shellie's costume last year so this is actually good news for me since I'll save some money! I wonder if the other merch will be similar to last year's though too?

I love those costumes!!!

I'm not sure if I should get them. They're adorable, but we don't really have Halloween in Australia.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I don't know how I missed this thread! I did get SM's costume last year but look forward to additional photos for this year.

I wonder if Shellie's dress is a drop-waist 1920s style dress...