HD14 Thermal Tumbler ¥3500

HD14 Plate ¥1100

*looks melamine to me!

HD14 Trivet ¥1300

HD14 Assam Tea ¥1400

RS14 Duffy Head Tote ¥3900

RS14 Shellie Head Tote ¥3900

RS14 Duffy Watch ¥9800

*the first Duffy watch I've ever really wanted…
    and it's reasonably priced, but there's just SO MUCH…

**I imagine the Watch will disappear VERY quickly

RS14 Candy ¥1500
    Strawberry, 10 pieces
    *what an AWESOME callback
    to the classic Duffy key visual!
    WOW!!

RS14 Chocolates ¥900
    Milk, Strawberry — 8 each

RS14 ShellieMay Financiers ¥1440
    Raspberry, 10 pieces
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-18-2014 at 11:00 AM.

• 14 days to go!

Re: Hometown Duffy - 8/8 release!

D-Day is 11:59 p.m. Tokyo time on July 31.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 07-19-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Correction of date

Omg!! I love the watch!! And there's a Shellie tote to match the Duffy one I have ��

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Sigh, those Cape Cod items are so well thought out and amazing. I just can't resist. I love the tote, plate and mug especially. I try not to order breakables from Duffy Post but I may just have to re-think that just this once for that mug!

That watch is way cool. It's not my personal preference for watches (I prefer metal over leather bands), but it's an amazing piece.

DuffyD - Do you think the pen will be one-time use or use refill ink cartridges (that can be purchased in the US)? Is the pencil a mechanical pencil that will take standard .5mm leads?

Boog1981 - I think I'm with you on that mug!

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Every item looks amazing and so well thought out. Why did TDS have to release these now? Why? I want almost every last piece from this release. Too bad Comic-Con starts next Thursday.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Hometown Duffy - 8/8 release!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Reminder for those who saw the other thread, D-Day is 8/1.
    Thanks, ILG. I almost forgot.

That's right, D-day is 7/31, 11:59 PM, Tokyo time. I should be moving money from 8/1 to ensure that I have cash in hand first thing on 8/8. I want to avoid ALL risk of ANY of these items selling out. If everyone I think is WishListing transfers earlier, I may move funds earlier. If you're planning on making a List at the last minute, please make sure to get in touch with me in advance so I'm waiting for you! This is no doubt my favorite Duffy release of all time; I don't want anyone to miss it!^^

Quote Originally Posted by tink1223 View Post
    Omg!! I love the watch!! And there's a Shellie tote to match the Duffy one I have 
    Finally! Couples and groups will be so cute with these! Though I have to admit that the HD14 Tote is the one that has stolen my heart. That thing is FANTASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    Sigh, those Cape Cod items are so well thought out and amazing. I just can't resist. I love the tote, plate and mug especially. I try not to order breakables from Duffy Post but I may just have to re-think that just this once for that mug!
    You are too sweet! But, actually, this is one time I would encourage it. This is a release I've really needed — everything is must-have, without hesitation. Spring Voyage was great this year, with some truly standout items like the Lighthouse Caramels and picnic goods. But it was the third time, and even while the key visuals were my favorite ever, I felt some fatigue. Sweet Duffy was amazing, and perhaps the most fully realized the concept has ever been, with all the truly useful kitchen and crafting items. But I still prefer 2013's Sweet Duffy costumes, and Sweet Duffy is so established that it was more of an evolution than a revelation. Tanabata is a great new addition, especially seeing the bears in OLC-designed Asian outfits for the first time, but it was so short and small — with no pants, shoes, or supplementary Duffy merchandise. It was great, but not quite "enough." And Gelatoni, well, he's a whole other post waiting to happen…

But this, Hometown Duffy, is everything I've ever loved about Duffy packaged in flawless, unified design. The visuals, materials, AND structural designs all call back to both classic Americana tourism in the real world, and Duffy's own early days at DisneySEA. The actual products are reminiscent of the kinds of things sold at Aunt Peg's even before Duffy debuted. It works on multiple levels to be at once totally fresh and transports the imagination to an impossible nostalgia for a time and place that have never really existed. Hometown Duffy is Duffy at its best — this is the design team truly showing off! The only thing "missing" is a postcard of the "Duffy's Hometown" park signage… Hm…

Hometown Duffy also addresses a concern I've had since Gelatoni that perhaps the team was losing focus and headed in the wrong direction. Not because I don't love Gelatoni — I do! — it's complicated, but I do. But I want Duffy in Tokyo to be clearly focused on Cape Cod and a sense of home and comfort. This release lets me know the team still thinks like me, which makes me a much more confident fan and collector. Hometown Duffy is like really GOOD soup!

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    That watch is way cool. It's not my personal preference for watches (I prefer metal over leather bands), but it's an amazing piece.

DuffyD - Do you think the pen will be one-time use or use refill ink cartridges (that can be purchased in the US)? Is the pencil a mechanical pencil that will take standard .5mm leads?

Boog1981 - I think I'm with you on that mug!
    Wouldn't this watch look really great on a big, open circular ring linked chain bracelet!? I think it could be easy enough to do, and would be very elegant for a woman. I'll put mine on a Portuguese cork strap myself, if I'm lucky enough to get one. There's just so much at one time; choosing is going to be extremely painful and difficult. Am I the only person now hoping Halloween is kinda boring this year?… Just kidding!

The pencil is almost definitely .5 or .7 — both easy to find. I'd wager that Floating Pen will also use a standard ballpoint refill. Every floaty I have is easily replaceable, usually with something as simple as a plain Bic ink cartridge/nib. I can't promise, of course, bug I am very confident this will be the case.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-18-2014 at 06:40 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love the tote bag, but sadly can't afford right now.

• 14 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by tink1223 View Post
    Omg!! I love the watch!! And there's a Shellie tote to match the Duffy one I have ��
    Watch: My husband said that if they could outfit the watch with an RFID chip, it would be totally awesome if could use the watch for entrance into the parks.

Tote, If you mean the head shaped one... I haven't looked at the dimensions, but I think these are more like purses than the small Duffy head ones that can be gotten on the Disney store website (or via TDS).

Everything looks so cute. I really like the Floating pen. Unfortunately I am going to have to pass. I am still tring to save some money for the Halloween release. Hopefully these will still be around at that time.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

DuffyD, I could probably send you a wish list in the next couple of days, is that too soon for you?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Hometown Duffy - 8/8 release!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    DuffyD, I could probably send you a wish list in the next couple of days, is that too soon for you?
    Sooner is great, go for it!^^

It's all so cute.

Looks a great and really thoughtful release. Items look amazing. Would love the masking tape in particular (for scrapbooking their adventures!) but not worth doing a wish list just for that and can't afford anything else right now due to some house repairs I've been putting off but can do so no longer! Duffy and Shellie are geting worried so I know I need to get them done. Hope everyone enjoys what they are able to get though!

• when you wish...

Wow, these items are amazing. I love the floating pen and the mug!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast