Talking I'm a New Duffy Fan ^.^

Hi!!!
    I'm from Australia, so had never heard of Duffy before. I only learnt about him a few weeks ago when I was searching eBay for an Eeyore plushie & found Duffy's Eeyore costume. He's soooooo adorable & cute looking!!! I must have one lol.

So ummm... I just wanted to say hi to everyone
    I've been looking through the Duffy threads & was wondering which Duffy version does everyone like more. The USA DP version or the TDS Japan version? I couldn't find any info on what the bears look like now. Do they still have the funny looking waffle-fur?

Cheers, Kittzy

Re: I'm a New Duffy Fan ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Kittzilla View Post
    Hi!!!
    I'm from Australia, so had never heard of Duffy before. I only learnt about him a few weeks ago when I was searching eBay for an Eeyore plushie & found Duffy's Eeyore costume. He's soooooo adorable & cute looking!!! I must have one lol.

So ummm... I just wanted to say hi to everyone
    I've been looking through the Duffy threads & was wondering which Duffy version does everyone like more. The USA DP version or the TDS Japan version? I couldn't find any info on what the bears look like now. Do they still have the funny looking waffle-fur?

Cheers, Kittzy
    Hello! Welcome!!!

I agree... everyone must have a Duffy!

Their fur seems to keep changing all the time. I'm sorry I can't recall the type of fur that they have now.

Hugs,
    Sandra & Duffy

• I love that tiny bear!

Welcome! The Duffy I bought at Epcot in January 2014 had waffly fur.

If all things were equal, I'd rather have a Duffy without waffly fur, but I don't think his looks bad. He's special to me because I got him at Epcot (my favorite park at WDW) and my best friend helped pick him out. Of course, he was much cheaper than getting a Japanese Duffy, but I like that I was able to get him somewhere special.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ But he has a cute face, so it all evens out. Cute face trumps waffle fur in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Welcome! The Duffy I bought at Epcot in January 2014 had waffly fur.

If all things were equal, I'd rather have a Duffy without waffly fur, but I don't think his looks bad. He's special to me because I got him at Epcot (my favorite park at WDW) and my best friend helped pick him out. Of course, he was much cheaper than getting a Japanese Duffy, but I like that I was able to get him somewhere special.
    Oh he looks sooooo cute!!!
    I'd love to be able to go & pick out my own Duffy. Sadly I can't afford to travel overseas at the moment. So I'll have to get one from eBay.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh he looks sooooo cute!!!
    I'd love to be able to go & pick out my own Duffy. Sadly I can't afford to travel overseas at the moment. So I'll have to get one from eBay.
    Yes, it's definitely better to get a Duffy sooner than to wait years and years to travel to get one yourself. (If everyone waited to pick out their bears in person, there would be a lot fewer Shellie Mays here! )

If you want a Japanese Duffy, Duffy Post is a great service for that. I assume the Japanese bears are still higher quality than the US ones, but I haven't seen a recently-purchased one in person (or even photographs!) to know for sure.

Hello and Welcome!

You'll love your Duffy when you get him! Hope you get to welcome him home soon, wherever he comes from.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Eeee-va, I don't think yours looks all that "waffley." In fact, it seems to me that the waffle fur really tones down with age. Tokyo ones don't have the clearly checked pattern, but they are irregular. Recently I've been impressed with the consistency of head/face sculpts for both bears. Sometimes, even in Tokyo, choosing the best one is a matter of finding the "most right," but recently they're all wonderful and it's been about really feeling out the personality!^^

And welcome, Kittzilla! your avatar! As Eeee-va mentioned, I'd be thrilled to help you adopt a Duffy from Tokyo, but eBay is always an option, too. If you're interested in multiple items, Duffy Post is probably cheaper, though, and I like to think more fun!

Being in Australia, I would strongly urge you to get your Duffy from Tokyo rather than the US. There's nothing "wrong" with US Duffys lately, I think, but Tokyo Duffy will always be the most authentic Duffy in my heart. And since you'd have to ship over an ocean either way, I'd go for Tokyo. Just my two yen.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Eeee-va, I don't think yours looks all that "waffley." In fact, it seems to me that the waffle fur really tones down with age. Tokyo ones don't have the clearly checked pattern, but they are irregular. Recently I've been impressed with the consistency of head/face sculpts for both bears. Sometimes, even in Tokyo, choosing the best one is a matter of finding the "most right," but recently they're all wonderful and it's been about really feeling out the personality!^^

And welcome, Kittzilla! your avatar! As Eeee-va mentioned, I'd be thrilled to help you adopt a Duffy from Tokyo, but eBay is always an option, too. If you're interested in multiple items, Duffy Post is probably cheaper, though, and I like to think more fun!

Being in Australia, I would strongly urge you to get your Duffy from Tokyo rather than the US. There's nothing "wrong" with US Duffys lately, I think, but Tokyo Duffy will always be the most authentic Duffy in my heart. And since you'd have to ship over an ocean either way, I'd go for Tokyo. Just my two yen.
    Awwww I just ordered Duffy & Shellie May before I saw your message about Duffy Post. I just didn't feel right asking earlier. It seemed rude after only being here for a few days. I will definitely look at Duffy Post for new stuff tho.

They're both coming from TDS!!! I'm so excited I can't wait
    I haven't been this excited about something since I was a kid lol.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I haven't been this excited about something since I was a kid lol.
    Now I really want to shop for you!