Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: ShellieMay Coming to Aulani Resort!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Absolutely, not a problem! Just need to message me with your want list. If you can provide pictures, even better. I'll try to wait until I can get several people's request together before heading up there. Do you know when the ShellieMay merchandise is expected to hit the shelves?

Just showed my daughter pictures of the items and told her that I may have found someone to help us get them. She is dancing around the house singing "thank you thank you thank you" LOL.

All I read in the blog is "September" as far as when the items will be on the shelves. I wonder if they would know more in a week or two. I know here in Florida, we know more than the castmembers when it comes to Duffy releases. LOL

Count me in on your next trip to Aulani! It is very nice of you to do this for us. I would love to get some Duffy and Shellie May items.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohkat View Post
    Count me in on your next trip to Aulani! It is very nice of you to do this for us. I would love to get some Duffy and Shellie May items.
    No problem! I think the Disney Park Blogs has photos of the upcoming merchandise...
    ShellieMay Merchandise Arriving at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, This Month « Disney Parks Blog

The posting says this month. Again, if interested in any items, message me all the information and attach photos if possible.

Are we allowed to post links to another site? If not, my apologies...I will delete the above link.

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:20 PM.

I am sure it is ok to post links to the Disney Blogs here. many of us do it to provide a source for new info/items.

Okay, good to know! I didn't want to offend anyone or earn an infraction.

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:21 PM.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I too would like to take you up on your offer, forestlite. Thank you so much for offering to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    I too would like to take you up on your offer, forestlite. Thank you so much for offering to do this.
    Not a problem! Happy to help...again, just message me with your want list.

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:21 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I agree that some of those photos look a bit off-model, but maybe that's good. It makes it Ben more special when you find "the one!"

I'm a bit confused about why Aulani. I mean, if the point is to sell to Japanese tourists, then I hardly see the point. Japanese Duffy fans have had a Cannery Clothing swimsuit for Shellie for years. It frustrates me if Disney's logic is to sell overseas merchandise to Japanese fans. I want them to be widening the appeal.

I can understand why some folks don't like it, but I think it's actually great that they're keeping Shellie a bit exclusive. They really messed that up with Duffy by having him way too available way too fast. It might've been nice to incorporate some Hawaiian story element, though. Like the heartshell that was found on a beach in Cape Cod originated in the Pacific and so now they've traveled to Hawaii to see where it came from. I dunno. Something.

The stuff is cute, I guess, but very clearly the US team is not interested in pushing creative limits or aiming the plush line at collectors older than 9~11. I'm impressed by the life ring, but surprised by the cut of that swimsuit. The mug is very cute (though I'm not sure it's how I see ShellieMay) and I'm curious about the small Duffy and Shellie on the lower left — what are those? Unfortunately the ornament is as off-model as all other sculpted Duffys outside Japan have been.

Shellie's debut was the last chance to change course if they were going to. Still no Cape Cod, though I'm kind of thankful at this point. Still no collector-quality costumes, even with such exclusivity. I actually wish Shellie had stayed in Japan. Duffy was always as much Disney's as OLC's, but Shellie felt like OLC's. The off-model production and BAB-quality clothes disappoint me more than I would have predicted. I love Gelatoni more now simply for being exclusive and I hope he never appears outside DisneySEA.

I think it's truly wonderful that they picked a particular location for Shellie's debut, but it would also have been nice to have a meaningful time, backstory, and some collector-grade merchandise. At Duffy's debut, they offered so many world traveling costumes. The quality wasn't on par with Tokyo, but at least they told the story of Duffy as a traveler. This release introduces Shellie as a girl who likes to have fun in the sun, and I'm just not sure that's how I see her.

My initial thoughts are love for the idea, frustration with the execution. So pretty much as usual.

Also, forestlite is AWESOME!!

• I love that tiny bear!

You're so sweet, Forestlite! I'm saving up my money for a while, I think, but that's such a great offer you made.

I hope you catch Duffy fever!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    You're so sweet, Forestlite! I'm saving up my money for a while, I think, but that's such a great offer you made.

I hope you catch Duffy fever!
    I hope not Eeee-va...I collect too many things as it is...LOL!

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

The items are in stock already, surprised so fast.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    The items are in stock already, surprised so fast.
    Do you know the prices?

forestlite, you're great. Please, may I join in too? I love the swimming costume (wasn't around when Tokyo did theirs!). Thanks.

Hello fellow boardies...I've received everyone's email requests for ShellieMay & Duffy merchandise from Aulani...thank you!

Ok, here is the situation as it stands. Some of you are asking me for pricing (which I totally understand) before committing to a purchase. Others have told me they are interested, but with no list or description of what they want. I would first suggest you check the link to the Disney Parks Blog I posted earlier. There are pictures of the items available. I would prefer you give me specific wants, so we avoid mistakes. As for pricing, the only problem is that it's a pretty long drive from my house to Aulani. I'd rather not have to go there for pricing and then drive back again to actually pick up the items. One solution is for people to message me their phone numbers. If you have texting capabilities, I can send photos and pricing the day I am at the resort. But, I would need a reply within the hour or so of what items you would want purchased. There is a 6 hour time difference with the east coast, so I would head out in there in the early afternoon. If you prefer not to give me a number, I totally understand. I can still get pricing for you, but cannot guarantee when I will next return to Aulani.

As far as fees or additional costs, there is none. You pay exact cost plus 4.76% sales tax & shipping. If you want to chip in a couple of dollars to help cover gas, that is fine, but not required. If paying me via Paypal, I would ask that you mark it as "Family and Friends" so that I do not get hit with the fees. If you prefer to protect yourself (which I totally understand as you don't know me), go ahead and send it as merchant payment, but you would need to cover the additional 4% (approximate) Paypal fees. I am not going to ask for monies upfront, but please be sure you want the items and can afford them. I would hate to have to front the money and then drive back to Aulani to return items. I will ask for payment prior to shipping, but I will have the items bought and in hand first. If you have a problem with this procedure, message me and we can discuss it.

Okay, think I've covered everything for now. Message or post if anyone has any questions or concerns!

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: ShellieMay Coming to Aulani Resort!

This might help:

SM 17" Plush (Undressed?)
    SM Swimsuit with Float Ring (for 17")
    SM 12" Red Flowers
    SM Pink Dress (for 17")
    SM Pillow Pet
    SM Aulani Badge

SM Pink Aulani T-shirt
    SM Ornament
    SM Red Flower Coin Case
    SM Magnet(??)
    SM Shellie & Duffy Pin Set
    SM Purple Aulani Trucker Cap
    SM Hot Shades Mug

Sorry, I have no idea what the prices are. Surely if the items are in stores, you could find out with just a quick phone call?

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast