Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Re: ShellieMay Coming to Aulani Resort!

I absolutely love the ornament and the pins. It's so weird that Aulani is getting Shellie May before Disney World and Disneyland. Oh well. Guess we can't handle so much cuteness in our parks yet. :P

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Is anyone planning on getting the dressed 12" bear? I plan to get 17" Shellie May, but I still can't decide if I should get the 12" bear or the pink Shellie May Aulani T-shirt.

I'm getting the Shellie May Aulani T-shirt (provided they have my size in stock)! I already have the blue Duffy T-shirt from Aulani so that was a no-brainer. Also I don't personally collect dressed smaller bears, so I'm getting the Shellie costume for 17".

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    I'm getting the Shellie May Aulani T-shirt (provided they have my size in stock)! I already have the blue Duffy T-shirt from Aulani so that was a no-brainer. Also I don't personally collect dressed smaller bears, so I'm getting the Shellie costume for 17".
    Yeah, I've never bought any of the dressed 12" Duffy bears, except for one: a Pirates of the Caribbean-themed, pre-Duffy Disney bear. I do have a small, dressed (i.e. Spring Voyage-themed) Shellie May, though. I think I am kind of leaning more towards getting the shirt. Thanks for the input, madoka.

• I love that tiny bear!

As to the 12" Shellie May, I think the Smiling Shellie Mays from Tokyo DisneySea are amazing, and the actual price in the park/resort are very close ($35 US for Aulani's; 3900 (about $39 US) for Tokyo's). The 12" Shellie Mays I've seen on eBay don't look awful (like the one on the Disney blog did), but I still think the Spring Voyage ones are cuter.

I love the 12" size, but my Smiling Shellie May is BFFs with my 12" Duffy (and with me, and with the plushie I made my friend...OK, she has a lot of BFFs). There's a definite size difference between the two, but they're still a cute match.

I know the quality of my Smiling Shellie May is much better than my 12" Duffy (who in fairness dates to 2011; the ones I see in photos look nicer now). She even has beans in her bottom so she can sit with ease!

All things considered, if I didn't already have a Smiling Shellie May, I'd probably jump at the chance to get a 12" Shellie May. I still might get one for bedtime/pillow company someday. (Especially if they make one that comes pre-dressed with the khaki bow and skirt...and it does seem pretty likely that they'll make a different pre-dressed Shellie May someday, maybe with a more interesting outfit.) Though yes, Aulani's Shellie May has a skirt, so her outfit could be considered more "complete" than Smiling Shellie May's, even it doesn't seem to be as high of quality as TDS's outfit.

But if shipping/handling costs were the same for either bear, I'd choose a Smiling Shellie May any day of the week.

Yeah, I love my smiling Shellie May. She, D.B. (my small, POTC-themed pre-Duffy bear), Tigger (my very first stuffed animal), and Jorgen (a tiny Krewe of Orpheus leviathan) all get along really well. The pictures I've seen of the 12" bears are pretty, but like you said, the smiling Spring Voyage ones are cuter. I do wish her costume were different though. It's nice, but it's not the greatest. I really just like the flower-in-the-hair aspect of her costume and the fact that her costume says Aulani.

Eeee-va, I know what you mean. I have a Smilling Spring Voyage Duffy and it feels like I take him everywhere. Though the Aulani bears are cute I have a special place in my heart for my smiling Duffy. =)

I have received everyone's shipping information and contact numbers...thank you very much! Everything is go for Operation: Shellie May! One of the forum members mentioned that Disney sometimes limits quantities, so I am hoping this is not the case. A friend of mine is meeting me there, so at least I'll have double the purchasing power. I'm heading up there at noon this Saturday, so I'll hopefully have some news and photos that evening or Sunday at the latest. Wish me luck and everyone have a great weekend (I'm off tomorrow since it's a state holiday)!

• I love that tiny bear!

Good luck, Forestlite! I'm thankful that everything's OK in Hawaii (or at least your part of Hawaii) and I hope you have a good time! Enjoy the long weekend!

Thank you Eeee-va! We were very blessed to escape harm free from the tropical storms/hurricanes. Hoping I can fulfill everyone's requests...but I'll be sure to enjoy a Mickey bar while at Aulani. You have a great weekend too!

Have fun and be safe forestlite! =)

Enjoy your weekend, forestlite, and thanks for everything!

Mahalo DuffylovrDisney & ZTRinZler!

Thank you Mahalo!! If you get a chance take a few picture's of the resort would love to see them.

I may not have time to take photos on this outing due to the focus on buying. However here is a link to some pics I took during the grand opening...

Disney's Aulani Resort Opening

I just purchased a wide angle lens (still in the mail from Amazon) that I hope to use to take pictures in December!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast