Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

ShellieMay Coming to Aulani Resort!

This was posted in the "Duffy merch" thread but I feel it deserved its own thread.

DisneyParks Blog just announced ShellieMay will debuting at Aulani Resort in Hawaii later this month!

ShellieMay Merchandise Arriving at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, This Month « Disney Parks Blog

I asked Steven Miller (whom I'm friends with) is she's coming to the US parks too and he said, "Not at this time."

This is pretty big! Just a shame Aulani doesn't ship because they'd make a fortune. I'm basically:

Name:  take my money.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  12.0 KB

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Re: ShellieMay Coming to Aulani Resort!

I can always count on another Duffeteer to scoop me! I was just coming on to post this. You guys are always on it! Thanks aimster. I love that mug, pillow pet and the pin set of course.

That's pretty cool, however I'm confused on why only at Aulani

Mostly when all the little girls that go to the Disney parks could buy one

The bathing suit wit float is very cute

Just wish we could order it from there! We need an Aulani connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    That's pretty cool, however I'm confused on why only at Aulani
    I'm betting it's because Hawaii sees a lot of Japanese tourists (Hawaii is closer to Japan than the mainland US so flights are probably cheaper than Flying to LA or Orlando).
    Last edited by aimster; 08-04-2014 at 05:04 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

This could be a bonanza for Hawaiian eBay sellers!

I am relieved that they referred to Shellie May as Duffy's "best friend" instead of "girlfriend." Nothing against either interpretation but I like that they leave it open to each fan's interpretation.

I really like the swimsuit and the pillow pet is kind of tempting. I wonder how the quality of the Shellie Mays will be, or if they'll be the same as the Japanese ones. Some of the plushes they chose look a little off-model to me, but Disney US is not known for taking the best pictures of their merchandise either.

I wonder if Shellie May might even come with a different ensemble/dressed. That seems unlikely, but they don't have any pictures to show otherwise...

12" Shellie May will be such a great size! Too bad my 12" Duffy and my Smiling Shellie May are rather attached to each other.

I'm sure Aimster's right about why Aulani, but one good thing is that Aulani has overall had nicer merchandise than the average US parks items. If she takes off there, it seems likely enough that she'll eventually make it to the US parks. It's even possible that the pre-dressed 12" bear or other merchandise might EVENTUALLY make it to the Disney Store online, as some of the Duffy Aulani plushes have.

(It does seem a little cruel for Disney to post ANOTHER blog about spiffy Duffy-related items that the average park visitor can't actually buy outside of eBay.)

So close...and yet so far.

It's true that a lot of Japanese tourists frequent Hawaii as a vacation spot, but perhaps this a merchandise test to see how well Shellie May will sell in the U.S. Aulani's customer base are primarily DVC members and families. The former group are very likely to be familiar with Shellie May and have wanted to purchase her as a friend for their Duffy, but have been unable to do so.
    The items are all very cute. I feel they will do well.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

This announcement is like a stabbing double-edged sword into my fluttering heart. It's pretty cool that Aulani will have its own Shellie May merchandise to offer, but oh, how I wish that access to these products weren't so limited (i.e. mainly tourists and locals who visit the resort will be the primary ones enjoying this awesome loot). I wish Aulani shipped or that these items were available via Disney Parks online or Guests Services, but if they were, these items would probably always be on backorder or listed as sold out. So obtaining Aulani Shellie May merchandise would be difficult regardless if they can only be obtained at the resort or if they were available online or via telephone. Either way, like you said Eeee-va, this will be a boon for Hawaiian eBay sellers.

The pictures of the plush items don't look that great to me either, Eeee-va. I think some of the bears' off-model looks may be the result of the photographer(s) laying the bears down and simply taking a picture. The bears weren't positioned to highlight their cuteness or that of their new outfits. At least that's what I'm hoping, otherwise quality concerns arise.

I really do like the 12" pre-dressed bear and the swim suit/floatation tube set. I would love to get those, as well as the 17" bear, the mug, and the shirt. I'd wear that shirt 24/7.

Yeah I agree Disney is pretty infamous for not taking very good photos of their merchandise, which is pretty sad. It's like that in the parks too. Us superfan amateur photographers take better photos capturing the essence of the parks better than Disney's official, professional photographers. Go fig.

I live on Oahu and occasionally drive up to Aulani every now and then. I would be happy to help fellow board members obtain any of the collectibles they are seeking. I am a Disney fan, but not very familiar with Shellie May or Duffy merchandise, so I need pics!

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 08:37 PM.

I will take you up on that forestlite!!!! It makes me so mad that the merchandise won't come to the parks. They have the Aulani shirts on ebay but the seller's want close to $50.00 for them which is outragious!!!!

Duffy field trip!!!!!! I NEEEEED Shellie May stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by immamouse View Post
    I will take you up on that forestlite!!!! It makes me so mad that the merchandise won't come to the parks. They have the Aulani shirts on ebay but the seller's want close to $50.00 for them which is outragious!!!!
    Not a problem immamouse! I'll tell you a story...I bought a couple of grand opening pins from Aulani a few years back. I'm not a pin collector, so I decided to sell them on Ebay. Both of them went for around $30.00 each even though I paid retail prices of around $10.00 a piece. I really felt bad for making that type of profit, so I offered the person who bought one of them from me any merchandise at Aulani for cost plus shipping and tax. I've done it several years for her and don't mind helping others who don't have access to Aulani. My seller ID on Ebay is juneaubiscuits (use to be forestlite). You can check my feedback score on there and message me if you need to confirm my identity. Anyone interested can either post here or contact me in private.
    Mahalo...Len!

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Not a problem immamouse! I'll tell you a story...I bought a couple of grand opening pins from Aulani a few years back. I'm not a pin collector, so I decided to sell them on Ebay. Both of them went for around $30.00 each even though I paid retail prices of around $10.00 a piece. I really felt bad for making that type of profit, so I offered the person who bought one of them from me any merchandise at Aulani for cost plus shipping and tax. I've done it several years for her and don't mind helping others who don't have access to Aulani. My seller ID on Ebay is juneaubiscuits (use to be forestlite). You can check my feedback score on there and message me if you need to confirm my identity.
    Mahalo...Len!
    I am with immamouse-I would love to get my hands on Aulani items without the Ebay markup. If you do make a trip over to Aulani I would be thrilled to have you shop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    I am with immamouse-I would love to get my hands on Aulani items without the Ebay markup. If you do make a trip over to Aulani I would be thrilled to have you shop for me.
    Absolutely, not a problem! Just need to message me with your want list. If you can provide pictures, even better. I'll try to wait until I can get several people's request together before heading up there. Do you know when the ShellieMay merchandise is expected to hit the shelves?

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast