View RSS Feed

Weekend Update

Eli Manning Visits Walt Disney World; Sir Clinksalot Visits Six Flags Over Georgia

Rate this Entry
by , 02-10-2012 at 02:35 PM

Welcome to the Weekend Update!

This week Denise Preskitt shares photos of Eli Manning visiting the Magic Kingdom after his Super Bowl win. Denise also spent a very romantic night at the concierge level of Disney's Beach Club. This certainly qualifies as a deluxe Disney experience.

We have more photos from Sir Clinksalot's trip with the Theme Park Review folks. Six Flags Over Georgia looks like a theme park worth visiting.

Finally, we have some more vintage postcards from DisneylandPostcards.net.

Just as a reminder, we're always looking for photo reports from around the world. If you have taken a noteworthy trip lately, consider sharing it with your fellow Weekend Update readers. My contact information is at the end of every Weekend Update column.

Enjoy your weekend!

Denise Preskitt's Walt Disney World Update

I'm sharing some photos and video of both Eli Manning at the Magic Kingdom as well as the Beach Club Concierge (Stone Harbor Club).

Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning paid a visit to the Magic Kingdom the day after the game. Many guests wore their Giants shirts, and some waved signs.

Eli Manning with Mickey Mouse:

Eli Manning in the Rose Garden:

Video of Eli Manning:

We stayed for one night at Disney's Beach Club in concierge, in the Stone Harbor Club. Out of the over 200 nights I've stayed at Disney resorts over my life, I've only stayed at Concierge level maybe 5 nights now. When I've had it, I like to really utilize it. We had a great deal on the room, and we arrived early and stayed late on the 2nd day. We did leave the resort for a few hours, we were given La Nouba tickets by a couple we'd met who couldn't go (the wife was sick), and then we went to Illuminations.

The view from our room:

Looking at the room with the GoPro:

The balcony:

Mickey head towel:

Chocolates on the bed:

Our room:

Concierge lounge offerings during the time we were there included cheese and crackers:

Wine (and beer, cordials):

Peanut butter and jelly for the kids:

Desserts:

Mickey Mouse sink handle in the Concierge lounge bathroom:

Concierge lounge video:

Stormalong Bay:

Video of the pool slide:

Indoor whirlpool in the fitness center:

As always, you can read about all of these stories in more detail at Denise's website: Mousesteps.com

Sir Clinksalot continues our tour of Six Flags over Georgia

In our last update, we took a look at the activities around Deep South Bash and the coasters of the park. But this park isn't just about the coasters.

During our visit, the park was getting ready for Fright Fest

The Gotham City area is very reminiscent of Tim Burton's "Batman Returns"

The ever popular Batman: The Ride

The back-side of the park continues the southern theme

One of the best parts of any Theme Park Review event are the back-stage tours

We got real up close to most of the coasters at the park during our tour.

Ninja:

More warnings

Great American Scream Machine

A plethora of Coaster Geeks

More of GASM

The employee lot ... don't "loose" anything.

We got very up close and personal with Superman: Ultimate Flight

Next we went to another behind the scenes area

We got to go right under Goliath

And very close to the newest coaster, Dare Devil Dive

One of the highlights of the tour was a behind the scenes look at the classic Mindbender

An exclusive event for Deep South Bash was Exclusive Beer Time (the park doesn't even serve alcohol to "normal" guests)

Many prizes were awarded for "TPR Quest".

As night descended, we were able to get some shots of Viper. It sure "looks" pretty.

Great American Scream Machine was the place for the TPR Water Challenge

Dare Devil Dive

This line was 90 minutes long during the day, 90 seconds during ERT (at most)

The night ended with about 20 straight rides on Goliath

Only wait was for the front row. Otherwise, just stay on or maybe try to ride in every row.

As midnight approaches, the end of ERT is near. Only the die-hards remain.

If you ever have a chance to do one of these events, we can't recommend them enough. West Coast Bash is coming up next weekend and is ALMOST sold out. Head over to TPR to register for this event. You won't be sorry. Info can be found here:

More great postcard images from DisneylandPostcards.net

Many thanks, once again, to Ken Eslick, of DisneylandPostcards.net. This week we have a small group of cards with images of the Haunted Mansion which are quite unique.

We urge you to pay a visit to Ken Eslick's Disneyland Postcard Reference Guide. It is an enlightening resource which appeals to postcard lovers and Disneyland fans, alike! It is also a valuable history of the Disneyland park.

Might we also suggest that you visit these fine MiceAge/MiceChat attractions for even more Disney and theme park fun:
  • MiceTube - Introducing MiceChat's new channel on YouTube. Kevin Yee and MiceChat Sarah have been uploading entertaining videos weekly, along with many other of your MiceAge and MiceChat favorites.
  • Dateline Disneyland which is packed with great news and photos from the Disneyland Resort.
  • Orlando Parkhopper featuring news and photos from Disney World and Orlando area theme parks.
  • In The Parks offers news, updates and tips from Disneyland and other Southern California offerings.
  • SAMLAND - Your weekly look at some interesting tales from Disney history.
  • MiceDeals - You won't want to miss out on these great deals for Orlando and Anaheim!
  • Vacationeering - Every Sunday, we feature articles designed to help you create magical family vacation memories!

And that brings us to the end of another week. Our photographers have just enough time to reload their cameras before we see you all again next weekend. Thank you to all of our wonderful readers, and as always, a huge thank you to our amazing team of global photographers, spies, and gossips:

Denise Preskitt Mousesteps.com
Sir Clinksalot
Ken Eslick DisneylandPostcards.net

Your Editor - Rixter

It is readers like you who make MiceChat such a special place.

Don't miss a single one of MiceChat's Featured Blogs (including the Weekend Update). Add our feed to your favorite feed software or site:

Follow us on Twitter

Submit "Eli Manning Visits Walt Disney World; Sir Clinksalot Visits Six Flags Over Georgia" to Digg Submit "Eli Manning Visits Walt Disney World; Sir Clinksalot Visits Six Flags Over Georgia" to del.icio.us Submit "Eli Manning Visits Walt Disney World; Sir Clinksalot Visits Six Flags Over Georgia" to StumbleUpon Submit "Eli Manning Visits Walt Disney World; Sir Clinksalot Visits Six Flags Over Georgia" to Google

Updated 02-11-2012 at 12:09 PM by Weekend Update

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

• |
    I think Viper coaster that was mentioned is actually the Ninja.
    • |
    I meant Ninja ... you are correct.

It's very similar (although a different company) as Viper at Magic Mountain.
    • |
    The busts in the Portrait Hallway look like the new busts in WDW's queue. Is there any connection?
    • |
    No pictures of the Six Flags Georgia Skyway..WOW..
    • |
    that "mickey head towel" is hilarious! that is the least inspired towel-origami I've every seen!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1
    No pictures of the Six Flags Georgia Skyway..WOW..
    Unfortunately our day was so jam packed with tours and food and event stuff, we didn't get a chance to ride the Skyway. I was incredibly sad about that.