MiceAge/MiceChat iPhone App???

Hey guys, so I was wondering if the people here running MiceChat have had any thoughts or are working on any kind of app for MiceChat/Age?

I've searched all the Disney apps in the App Store, and the only things I can find are text guides to the park, "wait watchers" apps that don't work because they rely on people in the park constantly updating line wait times.. and a few Disney games for kids.

I think having a MiceChat iPhone app would be awesome. We iPhoners could have access to the forums wherever we are, and there could maybe be a section for like live blogging from the park, or a place where you can log in to the app on your phone when you're at the park, and you can see other MiceChatters who are at the park that day too, maybe meet up with them, whatever.

Just a thought I had of an app which I think lots of people would want!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: MiceAge/MiceChat iPhone App???

I think we would all like to see that, and we have looked into building one. Monorail Man is trying to teach himself how to do this. However, building a good app isn't easy, cheap, or quick to build. I'm afraid that we are just lucky to cover our server expenses every month and try to keep the site from crashing under our rapidly expanding traffic at the moment.

If you have app coders who are willing to work for free, please send me a PM.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Captain Pineapple

The closest thing you *could* do is create a low-image mobile skin, so when you browse the site on a cell phone it would switch to the mobile skin. That's way easier than coding an app, and faster... But that would work easiest on the MiceChat forums, MiceAge would be a bit more challenging.

Just an idea since it was brought up.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

I heard from a reliable source today that new mobile versions of MiceChat would be launching soon. Including one that's iPhone optimized.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    I heard from a reliable source today that new mobile versions of MiceChat would be launching soon. Including one that's iPhone optimized.
    Anyone know if these mobile versions of MiceChat have launched yet? I haven't heard anything more about them.

I was starting to build my own (I just show the top 25 topics in the DLR forum b/c that's what I'm interested in), but I would continue developing it out if there is interest and if there isn't anything OFFICIAL in the works. http://deepgorge.com/mc

It scrapes the site. Does anyone know if there is an API for MiceChat? That would make things much easier and I could allow posting.

• Minion

Awesome!!! Cant wait for some new apps!!! I just got my Iphone today!

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    this would be great!!

I visited some other forums that have this capability. the forums are automatically set to the mobile "skin" when viewed from a mobile device. makes reading and posting a lot easier for us on the go.

also, this would help in not needing a programmer to have to write an app and wait for Apples approval because it's all done through the forum itself.

[EDIT]: I fail terribly!! I didn't notice there was already a thread about this exact thing just a few posts down. disregard this message
    Last edited by plagued; 09-21-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: FAIL.
    -plagued