Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face New-to-MiceChat-Gold Questions

Hi! I'm new to the forum and just signed up for the annual Gold program.

I do see some of the changes that go with Gold, but I thought that your picture sizes and limitations increased with the Gold memberships. When I just uploaded a few pics, the size and quantity limitations had not changed. Am I misinterpreting something here?

Also, why doesn't my .gif avatar have any movement (glitter)? I uploaded the image to my album here and entered that url for the pic in "Edit Avatar". When I look at the image in the album it is glittering but not on my sidebar or in my profile...

What is that little green cross on everyone's profile??

Is there supposed to be some gold shield on my sidebar ID or profile?

Thanks! I'll keep experimenting with the new features and ask again if there are more things I can't figure out...

• or CBF

Re: New-to-MiceChat-Gold Questions

Not sure about the picture questions, but the last two I can answer.

The green cross represents the Reputation system. You can give Reputation by using the little balance symbol in the bottom left of a post. A green cross means you have a positive reputation on the site. A red minus sign means you have a bad reputation on the site.

To show that you have a Gold membership, under where it says "Welcome, CHESHIRE PUSS" should be a line that says "MiceChat Gold: Active"
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    Not sure about the picture questions, but the last two I can answer.

The green cross represents the Reputation system. You can give Reputation by using the little balance symbol in the bottom left of a post. A green cross means you have a positive reputation on the site. A red minus sign means you have a bad reputation on the site.

To show that you have a Gold membership, under where it says "Welcome, CHESHIRE PUSS" should be a line that says "MiceChat Gold: Active"

Thanks caesarboxfan! At other forums I've used where they enable rep it usually shows up as multiple boxes with score totals. I've seen rep become a real battleground, lol! I suppose a single indicator for just "positive" or "negative" is less likely to cause trouble!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not aware of any picture upgrades as a gold member but I know it increases you capacity for private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm not aware of any picture upgrades as a gold member but I know it increases you capacity for private messages.
    I guess this is the part I'm not clear on - this is from the FAQ for MiceChat Gold:

Forum Attachments – Got a picture, but nowhere to put it? With 5MB of attachments, you can store your photos, and other files, right on the forum posts and our Gallery. A great alternative to other picture-posting services.

Doubled File Size for Avatars & Profile Pictures - Want to share that great animated GIF file as an avatar, but don't have enough room? With MiceChat Gold, you'll get double the file size. 500 Private Messages, and up to 10 people per message. Send out mass PMs, with double the storage limit on PMs, and double the senders.
    When I go to upload pics to an album, these instructions appear and they are the same size and quantity limitations that were on the upload before MiceChat Gold:

Pictures Remaining 54
    Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
    Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels
    Pictures will be automatically resized to fit within these constraints if possible. However, you may receive better results by doing it manually.
    So it appears that animated avatars are allowed, though mine is not working. Also, it appears that the size and overall picture storage and signature/avatar limits increase with Gold but where/how is that increase reflected?

I could be misunderstanding something here ....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Interesting CP.

Hopefully one of the tech savvy mods will help you out there. I'm not much of a picture poster so I'm not very helpful on that end. Welcome to Gold, I imagine you'll get answers soon but being the 5th anniversary weekend I know many of the micechatters will be preoccupied.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Interesting CP.

Hopefully one of the tech savvy mods will help you out there. I'm not much of a picture poster so I'm not very helpful on that end. Welcome to Gold, I imagine you'll get answers soon but being the 5th anniversary weekend I know many of the micechatters will be preoccupied.
    Thanks! That's cool ... I'm sure they are going to have a great weekend - terrific weather for Disneyland right now!

Toolbar?

...and one more bit of confusion - There is a toolbar? I've looked all over MiceChat Home and Forums but can't find anything like this (from FAQ):

Absolutely not! Every feature that you enjoy now will be available to you for FREE. In fact, MiceChat is planning on rolling out additional new features for the standard version of MiceChat, including:
    • Monthly moderated chats
    • Commenting on other users’ MiceSpaces
    • A MiceChat Toolbar – Get the latest news, and quick MC searches, and more features!
    • View access to our MiceShots photo gallery.
    • Support for Skype, Voice over IP, calling
    • And More…
    On the forums, MiceChat Gold forums are indicated by a gold MC icon. All other features can be found in the Sidebar/Navigation Bar under “MiceChat Navigation”.
    You’ll find your special MiceChat toolbar in the main MiceChat menu, on the navigation bar (under the logo). Click "MiceChat Gold Toolbar".

Also can't tell what this is - can't find anything different under "Edit Options":

You'll also find your special styles available fron your User CP, under "Edit Options", or from the quick chooser drop-down at the bottom of any MiceChat page.
    Your MiceChat status will also change from a Green to Gold shield.

Thanks!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by CHESHIRE PUSS View Post
    When I go to upload pics to an album, these instructions appear and they are the same size and quantity limitations that were on the upload before MiceChat Gold:
    Not sure, but if you are using albums, that's not the same as avatars and profiles. Albums may have the same limits as before.

Profile and avatar are specific uploads.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MC, this is LD

Have you tried uploading your avatar to here? That is the most direct way to do it, just click "Choose File" and upload it.

--KAN

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    Have you tried uploading your avatar to here? That is the most direct way to do it, just click "Choose File" and upload it.

--KAN

Thanks, but yes, I have entered my avatar both ways - by upload from computer and by linking both to an outside web hosting server and to the file I uploaded to my album here. All ways produce the same result. Maybe I am misreading something and animated avatars aren't allowed here, I am not sure I have seen any others around the forum.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

CP I'll report this post to make sure that monorail man sees it - he should have the answers. Also, the FAQ might be a little out of date. I can't remember ever having a toolbar though
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Thank you!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Is Micechat Gold ad free?
    Yaye!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Ok, I just went Gold, I was hoping more for platinum, jk!
    Yaye!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast