•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Share some "Practical" MiceChat information here

I have just been browsing on MiceChat today. Started reading some of my old threads. Thought about all the questions that I have asked, by starting threads. Ended up here in "The Forums". Reading all the threads on the practical matters of MiceChat.

Now if you know me, I start threads.

With MiceChat enrolling so many new members each day, I thought it might not be a bad idea to start a thread about the "pratical machinations of MiceChat".

If everyone that posts, would include a tip about a practical matter on MiceChat.

For instance: If you want to customize your signature, you click on UserCP at the top of the MiceChat page and on the left, it says edit signature. You click on that, and you can customize your signature.

If everyone, who posts, includes some practical info, it might help a struggling MiceChatter.

So MiceChatters - Let's get practical - might help a newbie - surely might help me too.

Thanks

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Cool Re: Share some "Practical" MiceChat information here

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    For instance: If you want to customize your signature, you click on UserCP at the top of the MiceChat page and on the left, it says edit signature. You click on that, and you can customize your signature.
    Even better, the "Quick Links" menu has fast links for changing your Signature, Oprions, Profile, and Avatar. Saves a click, and a load.

I've got a new one as well:

When searching, use wildcards. They can make finding information much easier. Let's say your looking for information on Disney History. Always add a star after your search terms (Disney* History*), then that way you'll get anything with Disney in it, including Disneyland, Disney World, etc. As well, adding *s can sometimes allow you to get around the 3 word limit (VMK*, FP*, DLR*).
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Share some "Practical" MiceChat information here

Useful information. That's what the average new MiceChatter might be needing.

This old MiceChatter can use all the help she can get.

Anyone else?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Giving this thread a lttle shove.

Surely we have some "know it alls" on MiceChat. No disrespect intended.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Another one of my threads bites the dust,

• Disney Memory Maker

-If you want to change the theme, go to the bottom left of the page in the select box that says "-- MiceChat"

-If you want to know what those little green boxes are under peoples' avatars, go here

-Spellcheck only works in IE

-If you want to see all the smilies, click "See All Smilies" at the bottom of the smilie list

-If you want to know how do use certain code (like making a countdown script), go here
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• e komo mai

Bookmark this:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

To get all the new posts listed for you (even the Litter Box). That way you don't have to check each and every forum every time.