Jumped the gun - Mice Chat Ad Free

It seems to me that the "Coming Soon" announcement of Mice Chat Ad Free may have been placed too early by the MC producers.

That notice has been there for a very long time. This is the kind of behaviour that undermines the credibility of MC. (In my opinion)

My point: If you are not ready to offer MC ad free, then don't advertise it!

• Minion

Re: Jumped the gun - Mice Chat Ad Free

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    It seems to me that the "Coming Soon" announcement of Mice Chat Ad Free may have been placed too early by the MC producers.

That notice has been there for a very long time. This is the kind of behaviour that undermines the credibility of MC. (In my opinion)

My point: If you are not ready to offer MC ad free, then don't advertise it!
    While I agree if it not a near future thing no reason to advertise it but not a real big deal IMO.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

It doesn't bother me. Has it affected others?
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

This is in the wrong forum. Also, your message would have been better sent to a MC administrator than publicly stated IMO.

To that end, MC has shifted its focus to upgrading site features (such as the new bar at the bottom and the latest vbulletin)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

There's lots of stuff in the pipeline.

Main issue: I started a new *awesome* job, that has been VERY taxing on my schedule for doing things. I've relocated, and am getting settled in a high-workload position.

Yes, there are some neat things coming, in relation to the Forums sides of things. Yes, Ad Free is still coming. There's still new systems that are in the planning phases, mobile/social development, all the good stuff.

We produce a lot of content, and have lots of visitors. Unfortunately, this means that we can't make changes willy-nilly like we used to.

It's coming. Soon™.
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have hoped that it is still coming, and that was the reason that the "ad free" words were still there.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I hope that Gold includes add free.

Why don't you put the ad-free version to the front of "the pipeline" ?

It would mean additional revenue for the site and a better experience for me.

I am _annoyed_ by all the oozing and flashing garbage displayed with the content. It also slows down the page loads. And don't get me started on all the ad cookies.

And a comment to the reader who brought up the choice of forums. The DLR forum has the most readers and I intended to get others to join in with my cause. The monitors moved it to here so that fewer people would see it..

Have a nice day, everybody!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post

To that end, MC has shifted its focus to upgrading site features (such as the new bar at the bottom and the latest vbulletin)
    The bar at the bottom I would like to disappear. I have settled for it being collapsed and sitting in the far right corner...not something I use.

As for the ads. I have gotten very good at ignoring them.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Why don't you put the ad-free version to the front of "the pipeline" ?

It would mean additional revenue for the site and a better experience for me.

I am _annoyed_ by all the oozing and flashing garbage displayed with the content. It also slows down the page loads. And don't get me started on all the ad cookies.

And a comment to the reader who brought up the choice of forums. The DLR forum has the most readers and I intended to get others to join in with my cause. The monitors moved it to here so that fewer people would see it..

Have a nice day, everybody!
    No actually I moved it to here because this is the correct forum for the comment, as it is about forum issues and has absolutely nothing to do with the Disneyland resort, where you first put it. I moved it for that reason alone and not so that fewer people would see it. As you will note, one of the ADMINISTRATORS who also codes for the site has already seen it and responded to your comments. It is the ADMINISTRATORS who have the power to make coding changes to the site, not the members so it really doesn't matter how many people see your query since they can't change it.

And besides... it actually as a better chance of being seen here since the DL forum moves so fast and has so many new threads constantly coming up that it wouldn't of taken very long for this to be pushed back to page 6 or 10 before many people even saw it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Understandably, but the different forums are there to keep it organized and if all the WDW, Tokyo Disney, Marvel and Other Theme Park fans started posting here to get more visibility, can you imagine the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    The bar at the bottom I would like to disappear. I have settled for it being collapsed and sitting in the far right corner...not something I use.
    Haha I just said it was something they produced for us, whether or not you use the features isn't the topic at hand. I wish the chat room was still open though.

Just trying to make it better.... Just like Al !

Hey Penguin, I am not asking to get something for nothing. I will be one of the paying folks.

I just want to improve the experience, just as Al Lutz claims he wants to do for the Disney Parks. One of his pet peeves is how long it takes for TDA to get things done, well.... look in the mirror and take a dose of honesty!

You realize, I am asking you to take my money! I will pay, as soon as you guys deliver!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Just trying to make it better.... Just like Al !

I just want to improve the experience, just as Al Lutz claims he wants to do for the Disney Parks. One of his pet peeves is how long it takes for TDA to get things done, well.... look in the mirror and take a dose of honesty!

I'm so honored that you care enough to want to support us by subscribing to MiceChat Ad Free. Unfortunately, we just don't have the resources that Disney does. They make billions of dollars and have nearly unlimited resources at their disposal. By contrast, we lose money (by and large - I've had to pay out of pocket most of the months MiceChat has been online) and we have extremely limited resources. Basically we count on the kindness of those who wish to volunteer their time. And at the moment, our chief programmer is too busy with his full time job to build new stuff.

Still, we manage to keep our content fresh and engaging and do our best to cover the growing expenses which come from a rapidly growing site.

It certainly isn't unfair for you to wonder why something that we have announced hasn't happened, but I did want to explain that despite our best efforts, the limited resources we have available have been used toward keeping micechat running rather than building out the many things that we thought we'd have time to complete long ago.

Cheers and thank you VERY much for your support. It does mean a lot to us.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

And when you can get change from $20 for a gold membership, that support is so easy to give.