Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Could micechat make a dlr phone app.

Could Micechat make a DLR phone app? I have used many Disney(third party) phone apps and in my opinion none of them are very good some better than others. Micechat DLR app would have maps for Disneyland, California adventure and even downtown Disney all with GPS so you could see where you are. you would also be able to see where other Micechat members where in the resort you could turn that part off if you don't want me to say hi too you. DL DCA and DTD hours and phone numbers you could call right from the app. SHOWS show times and show reviews. Attractions ride times and height requirements restaurants with prices and what they serve. even best places to watch the fire works displayed right on the map It would even help find your car. I think Micechat DLR app would be more up to date than most apps because theirs like over 30,000 micechat members and even on a slow news day theirs probably like 20 or 30 at the DLR and when it is busy ten times that all giving accurate ride time and show updates. because if you gave a update you would be logged in to Micechat and your avatar would be displayed for that update. I would be willing to pay 1.99 a month or 10.00 for six months 18.00 for a year. it would also be great for Micechat members who come to the resort 2 or 3 times in 5 or 7 years
    Last edited by donaldduckfan#1; 01-01-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: making title larger

Re: could Micechat make a DLR phone app.

I don't know the feasibility of this... but I like it. Nice idea. I think it would be great if an app was created or designed by a fan community. We know what types of features that are helpful to both the casual visitor all the way up to a regularly attending AP holder.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I am glad this was brought up! On the android network I found an app tonight for a disneyland fan forum. It basically is like micechat just with a lot less users. Maybe micechat can copy that app or design one like it.
    Yaye!

• ohai

donaldduckfan#1: I will talk to some people I know and see if I can get some sort of app done for us... I can probably get something made, but it will be for iPhone/iPod Touch only.

• ---------------

Not MC, but it seems good
    DLandLive
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

i don't understand why Verizon only has mobile magic for dumb phones fun and not smart phones

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    donaldduckfan#1: I will talk to some people I know and see if I can get some sort of app done for us... I can probably get something made, but it will be for iPhone/iPod Touch only.
    LOL, I can think of no reason at all to make it iphone exclusive. Most apps are available on android as well as the app store, so no reason to do that with Micechat.
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

There was a couple different ones, I love the android market! LOL
    Yaye!

• ohai

Yeah, but I only know people who program iPhone software.

It's possible to build web apps (not native iPhone or Android apps) that work and look like native apps using tools like jQTouch. The nice thing about this technique is that it only has to be written once and will then work on iPhone and Android.

I'm a developer and would be MORE THAN HAPPY to write an app for MiceChat IF I had access to a forum API.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Just to let everyone know, we do have something in the works for some in-park mobile stuff. Naturally, it will be very "MiceChat" - I'll let you ponder what that means.
    -Monorail Man

• MC, this is LD

Will it be iPad compatible? That would be a major plus for me. Downloaded the SDK a few days ago, I'll see if I can help! (though it is not installed yet...)

Edit: I checked out the jQTouch Mojave posted about, and that looks rather promising... Make sure to count me in!

--KAN
    Last edited by KAN; 01-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Has there been any progress on an iPhone/iPad/Android app for MiceChat in the last month?

I'd have something basic built already if I had access to the vbulletin API (assuming there is one, of course).

this sounds like a REALLY great idea for an app and i would definitely download it for my iPhone!

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Just to let everyone know, we do have something in the works for some in-park mobile stuff. Naturally, it will be very "MiceChat" - I'll let you ponder what that means.
    It MIGHT mean that there will be lots of "maybe, we cannot confirm or deny" and "We'll let you know as soon as we are sure" and other non-answers ;p Micechat is really good at noncommittal answers. Maybe. But we'll see.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast