• "I Break Things"

Functionality Comments

I'm enjoying the new layout minus a couple things...

The "Reply to Thread" button appears to be useless since the Quick Reply is right beneath it. It also tends to confuse and get in the way. People are hardwired to see red/green. People type up a message in the quick reply, don't notice the buttons on the bottom, see a red button stating "Reply to Thread" and with the click of a mouse all their comments disappear and they have to start all over. I'm not sure if it is vbulletin or a creative choice but if that "Reply to Thread" button were eliminated and the "Quick Reply" button turned red it would probably help.

HTML tags in reply field until you go Advanced. I'm guessing someone else reported it but I'm not sure. Not everyone knows HTML and seeing it in a reply can be confusing. Again not sure if it is an option in vbulletin or not to have the finished product in reply instead of HTML.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• no flash photography...

Re: Functionality Comments

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I'm enjoying the new layout minus a couple things...

The "Reply to Thread" button appears to be useless since the Quick Reply is right beneath it. It also tends to confuse and get in the way. People are hardwired to see red/green. People type up a message in the quick reply, don't notice the buttons on the bottom, see a red button stating "Reply to Thread" and with the click of a mouse all their comments disappear and they have to start all over.
    I have done that a few times. It is a very bad layout, but I seem to have adapted now.

• Senior Minion

Re: Functionality Comments

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    IPeople type up a message in the quick reply, don't notice the buttons on the bottom, see a red button stating "Reply to Thread" and with the click of a mouse all their comments disappear and they have to start all over.
    I've done that a few times.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler