•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Have the views Disappeared

Is it just me or when you look at forums you use to be able to see both the replies and views? I can still see the replies but have the views disappeared? (not the number of those viewing) I remember like with the project trackers it would show like a 250,000 plus views etc...
    Thank you for all your hard work!
    Last edited by lighttragic; 01-12-2011 at 01:07 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Have the views Disappeared

They have been removed. They were highly inaccurate (the listed numbers were much lower than the actual view-count), due to the page-caching that we do for guests.
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    They have been removed. They were highly inaccurate (the listed numbers were much lower than the actual view-count), due to the page-caching that we do for guests.
    Cool Thanks for writing back so quickly!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post

MM - Are there any plans to bring this feature back in the future? I think virtually all of the forums that I am a member of, from sports to cars to whatever, seem to list the number of views for each thread, and it seemed like a key feature. Isn't that a pretty common feature, or is that just my corner of the universe? I'd love to see this come back, if there is a way to fix the low view count. It's really helpful to glance at a thread and see how much traffic it has received, even if there haven't been too many actual replies. Low counts or not, I feel like we just lost a significant feature of Micechat.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Please bring back the view count. By having the view count display, it shows us how popular the thread is. It makes the OP feels good about themselves by showing how many people have look at there trip report etc even though there is no reply at all.

It builds confidence for the OP including me too. Lol.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We'll bring it back when we can figure out how to get an accurate count. To help speed up the boards and reduce our huge server bills, we implemented a page caching system for all guests of the site. Unfortunately, that means that the counts suddenly stopped counting over 2/3 of our traffic! Rather than having folks suddenly think their threads weren't popular, we removed the inaccurate counts for now.

Hopefully, we'll figure our a solution soon.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can definitely understand the removal of a feature that is not working properly. Again, I always appreciate how things are always explained to us, when we take the time to ask the questions.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    We'll bring it back when we can figure out how to get an accurate count. To help speed up the boards and reduce our huge server bills, we implemented a page caching system for all guests of the site. Unfortunately, that means that the counts suddenly stopped counting over 2/3 of our traffic! Rather than having folks suddenly think their threads weren't popular, we removed the inaccurate counts for now.

Hopefully, we'll figure our a solution soon.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this to us... i do miss the views despite being off, it felt really cool when you had so many views, and agree with Macdaddy and Asianbma but understand that they were off and causing problems . hopefully a new and improved views will debut soon!
    Again Thank you for all that the micechat crew does! this is truly the most magical place in cyberspace