• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Issues with text box while posting

I was having occasional issues with ads covering the text box when attempting to reply to a thread before the site downtime but since the site has been back up I've had quite a lot of issues posting. Not just ads covering text box but the text box is completely messed up. The buttons at the bottom ("publish..", "submit.." and "advance") are ON TOP of the box and cannot be clicked nor can I actually type. Refreshing a couple times usually fixes this but it is getting frustrating. The text I quote shows in the box but I can't actually access the box until refreshing and sometimes it takes multiple refreshes.

I don't know if this is an issue only I am having or if anyone else is having it also. I thought I would bring it up to find out and see what can be done?

Thank you.
    Last edited by skybluefusion; 02-08-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo fix
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Issues with text box while posting

What Operating System/Browser are you using?

You might want to go in and clear your cache and cookies to make sure all your style files are up-to-date.
    -Monorail Man

I use firefox on windows 7. i did the "clear recent history" and still have issues. i dont even know what style files are. I'll try clearing again tho. Maybe I didn't do that right. The problem may be my computer itself, I get a lot of BSOD, especially if I'm the only one having this issue.

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I see your issue. You're Ask.com toolbar is out of date, and it attempts to redraw ads to replace the ads that MiceChat serves (this version of the toolbar changes the Ads on the page so that they DON'T support MiceChat). You can remove it by:

1. Click the menu Tools > Add Ons.
    2. Under the Extensions tab, click Uninstall near the Ask Toolbar option.
    3. Restart Firefox
    4. If you still want the Ask Toolbar, install the latest version from Ask Toolbar

Also based on your browser string, I would highly suggest doing a Spyware and Malware search at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/.
    -Monorail Man

I tried following those steps but There is no ask.com toolbar.

oh wait...theres a foxit toolbar that has an ask symbol. That must be what you mean. Didn't realize I even had it so I must not use it.

I run avira daily but will do the housecall thing (which i've done in the past).

Thank you for helping me figure this out. It is much appreciated.

FB, Twitter

Okay I thought I added a reply here. I found foxit toobar and uninstalled it and restarted firefox. Will now run housecall. I keep avira updated and run it daily. Do I need to turn off avira to use housecall?

Thank you so much for helping me.

ETA: odd post above this was not there when i added this. Sorry for double posting.

FB, Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I just recommend a Housecall run, it's free and can be a good 'second opinion'. With the toolbar removed, are you still seeing the overlapping Ads?
    -Monorail Man

I am still getting the ads covering the textbox. I ran housecall and had no problems there. The problem is intermittent (always has been) but I almost always have to click the "go advance" button to be able to post, especially if I am quoting but even in advance mode I sometimes have issues, and at times I can't click the advance button because the ad covers it or the button is in the wrong place, it is partially over the text box and unclickable.
    I am obviously able to still participate in the boards but it is a frustration. I'm curious if any one else has had these issues.

Once again I truly appreciate your attention to detail and attempts to solve the issue.

FB, Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Can you take a screenshot and post it here? When you see the issue, hit the PrtScr button, and then paste into Paint, and then save it and post it here. I've had no other reports.

You could also try another browser like Chrome and see if you get the same thing.
    -Monorail Man

I do have chrome installed but I use ff out of habit. I'll go get into chhrome for aw hile. if that don't fix it I'll screen shot and show you. Thanks again.

FB, Twitter

test....

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    I tried following those steps but There is no ask.com toolbar.

oh wait...theres a foxit toolbar that has an ask symbol. That must be what you mean. Didn't realize I even had it so I must not use it.

I run avira daily but will do the housecall thing (which i've done in the past).

Thank you for helping me figure this out. It is much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    I just recommend a Housecall run, it's free and can be a good 'second opinion'. With the toolbar removed, are you still seeing the overlapping Ads?
    Okay I'm in chrome and was able to quote/reply without even clicking go advanced so this may work. But as I said, the problem is intermittent so I will have a more true answer if the problem is fixed by using chrome after more play time. Don't know why I didn't think to switch browsers on my own. Such an obvious answer. I tend to like ff better but I can use chrome if thats what works.

Thanks.

FB, Twitter