Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

The new avatar/ID box thingie

Whatever you call it. The box with your name, avatar, location, all that. The new design, with the reputation plus and the online/offline thing.

Yuck. Looks horrible. I mean really bad. Now, I know you guys just implemented it, but, ah....*Bill Lumberg mode* Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow and work on that some more, mmm-kayyyy? So if you could be here around 9 that would be greeeaaaat... oh and I almost forgot....ahh, I'm also gonna prob'ly need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, 'kay.

Now granted, I'm using Google Chrome, so I haven't seen it in Firefox or IE or any other browser. But so far....*wince* Not looking pretty there..... these things should look good no matter what the browser.

Re: The new avatar/ID box thingie

In safari it looks pretty bad too, I'm assuming they use the site and are well aware of it's appearance...but it's not like it impedes the function so I think we can all wait.

That said, the way switching between normal and mobile skins works redirects to the main site, not where you were at the time. I wouldn't care except that following a link from email on an iphone it automatically redirects to the main site to get the skin, which means you can't get to a post when you click the link in email. Now hop to it, surely my HUGE subscription of $15 gets me something :P j/k keep up the good work guys, there are other issues with the mobile skin too, but I know you're working on it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Good grief.

Well I for one like it. And its not just because I'm staff that I'm saying that. I think the coloring of the box with the plus sign could be muted somewhat, but over all I like the layout and style of it. It looks better than the plain vanilla that we had before.

Change is hard for some people to accept. I knew each time we do something different it takes me a while to get use to it and I haven't always liked the changes either but given time.... I eventually get use to them and then can't even remember what it was like before. But this is one change that I like pretty much as is from the get go.

Its just a cosmetic change.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Personally I like the older design better myself. I liked how I, as well as some others, could create and avatar that would just float alone, and blend in seamlessly with the side border. It was a much cleaner look.

• Triggering Biggering

I liked how I, as well as some others, could create and avatar that would just float alone, and blend in seamlessly with the side border. It was a much cleaner look.
    I agree. I may not be one to talk since I've only joined this month, and I won't badger and be hatin' on it, but it did seem to flow smoother. Also the little boxes around the avatar/icon are jutting out of the side.

I trust the guys in charge of the site, and I'm sure they will make adjustments where they see fit.
    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.

• Triggering Biggering

By the way...what does the green plus mean anyway? ^^'

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is just step one of a new software implementation.

We are bringing back our help/unhelpful posts system and needed to reinstall the +/- stuff that rides in the Avatar box area. We'll tweak it all to match our color scheme better.

Monorail Man was up until very late last night working on this. I, for one, am very thankful for his hard work. The box serves its function and we can all live with it until he has time to pretty it up.

We'll have more information for you about the little +/- very soon. We are still testing a few things.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Triggering Biggering

^
    Ah, thank you very much.

Go Monorail Man! We believe in you!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is just step one of a new software implementation.

We are bringing back our help/unhelpful posts system and needed to reinstall the +/- stuff that rides in the Avatar box area. We'll tweak it all to match our color scheme better.

Monorail Man was up until very late last night working on this. I, for one, am very thankful for his hard work. The box serves its function and we can all live with it until he has time to pretty it up.

We'll have more information for you about the little +/- very soon. We are still testing a few things.
    Cool.

Just to clarify, because I think some folks didn't quite get where I was coming from - I wasn't hating on anyone or whining idly about a change. I was just giving some necessary feedback about the change, mostly in relation to the way the change displays, as well as its aesthetics, so they can make changes that improve the overall look. I know these guys work hard at it, but given that there are so many browsers, what might look just fine in one browser may look odd in another, and they need to know that to make the proper adjustments so it looks ideal in all of them.

I was glad to hear that others are seeing some of what I'm seeing, too - boxy, non-blending lines, mismatched colors, stuff like that. I probably should have been more specific. I'm sure it'll get tweaked in time; I just wanted the admins to know, in case the tweaks are easy ones to fix. I'm already seeing some difference now from when I originally posted about it, so that's a good sign.

Anyway, just wanted that made clear - not hating on anyone's efforts. You guys do a good job.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I realize that the avatar box is a work in progress. I certainly understand all the hard work that goes into running this wonderful site that is MiceChat. What I don't understand is technical stuff, and I am definitely not up on a lot of computer mechanics.

I have been sitting here wondering exactly why I don't find the new avatar box pleasing to look at. I believe it is because of the order of things. The name of course is at the very top. I question why the default username, or custom username does not appear next. The avatar picture is a large element of the box, and placing it next makes the entire box appear more balanced. I then think that the bottom elements, such as location, and join date, and post counts can be moved up. This would leave room on the bottom for the earned stars, and the new reputation title on the bottom. I believe this would give the entire avatar box, a more balanced look.

In days gone by, I would never even consider telling anyone here at MiceChat how to do their job. I am not doing that now. I am simply thinking out loud, because I have always known that MiceChat allows me my opinion.

MiceChat is always trying to better itself, and I applaud that.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Although I don't currently care much for the appearance of the new box I am thankful for the hard work I know goes into such changes and understand the reasons behind it. I do understand it is a work in progress and am grateful that Monorail Man and the rest of the staff actually care enough to go through the process of attempting to do everything possible to improve this site/community despite so many people who do nothing but complain about everything and never giving the staff the appreciation they truly deserve.
    I myself am guilty of complaining too much but I do ultimately believe that micechat staff do the best they possibly can to make every aspect of micechat the best possible experience for everyone. Like all changes it will take some time to get used to but in time we will adjust and learn to appreciate it.
    Thank you Hastin and to everyone else involved in implementing these changes designed to improve micechat.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Done with MC.

I don't get the "Unknown Micechatter" junk. News flash: OUR NAME IS RIGHT THERE!!!
    I know, it's all to do about our reputation but the line just does't make sense. It would be better to do away with the Reputation stuff than to leave it so glaringly wrong.

Mine now says unhelpful MiceChatter. Whats up with that?

It's kind of a put down.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 05-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Nevermind. It changed. This site almost has a mind of it's own!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Done with MC.

I guess the green + is better - thanks MC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast