New Post filter?

Is there still a way to customize which forums display when the "new post" feature is used? I used to have it set to leave off certain forums which don't interest me but for the past few months all forums are included. I thought I could get used to it showing everthing but lately find the frequency of activity in certain forums is just getting annoying.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: New Post filter?

I, also miss the Block feature that you are speaking of.

• Hooterville, USA

I really should explore MC a little more. I didn't know anything about a block feature.

This forum has really enlightened me.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The block feature is no longer available. I used to block all the forums that I wasn't interested in at all. It always made it a whole lot easier to navigate New Posts.

Bump! Hoping to get a response from mod or administrator....

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Since New Posts are now cached across all users (with a delta based on time), you can't filter via forums anymore. This also means that the "New Posts" search is less server-intensive, meaning a faster MiceChat.
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have learned that nothing in life ever stays the same. For sure MiceChat is an everchanging site. I have seen many features come and go over the years. There are many new features that I really like. There are some old features that I really miss. One thing is for sure, MiceChat keeps me on my toes. I have learned so much here. Not just Disney stuff either. When I was a brand new MiceChatter, I knew nothing about computer stuff, or the workings of a website. MiceChat has helped to teach me about the technical way that things work more than once. I'll take the good with bad. Give up the old for the new. I'll ask a question about these features when I don't quite understand, and always be grateful when a reply is speedy. Nothing is ever 100% perfect, I have found out, but MiceChat gets pretty close.

Thanks for the response MM i figured that was thereason just wanted the confirmation i guess. Your response doesn't sound like the feature will be returning anytime soon either :-(

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Thanks for the response MM i figured that was thereason just wanted the confirmation i guess. Your response doesn't sound like the feature will be returning anytime soon either :-(
    You are correct. Not likely to return. We've had to make some really hard decisions regarding features and server resources over the last year. Unfortunately, the site and our traffic is far outgrowing our ability to pay for it all. So, we've had to make a few little cuts on server intensive processes (like anything that involves search).

For the most part, we've been able to preserve the core functions of MiceChat while increasing speed and decreasing our hosting costs. That is a very good thing which will help keep us going and growing.

And we are always looking at upgrades to our underlying software which often offer new features which are server friendly. So there is always hope that a future upgrade may restore some old favorites.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,