• Mickey Ear Biter

Helpful Micechatter/ Unhelpful Micechatter

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the reason for the labels on IDs (ie. "Unhelpful Micechatter" and "Helpful Micechatter".

My biggest issue with the labels: they seem to badges of honor or dishonor. The positive ones are probably deserved and I am completely on par with recognizing users who help others.

However, the negative ones do not always seem deserved. In fact, I feel as though they are supposed to be a type of punishment towards the users who have them.

They are like Disney scarlet letters... I am not a fan of public humilation and I feel like these labels enforce it. Whether the label is warranted or not, I don't understand the pragmatic value it has to MiceChat other than public scarring.

BTW, I mean this to be a respectful objection, not a place for people who have such labels to bash Micechat.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Disneyman

Re: Helpful Micechatter/ Unhelpful Micechatter

I, too, have been wondering about the labels.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    The positive ones are probably deserved and I am completely on par with recognizing users who help others.

However, the negative ones do not always seem deserved. In fact, I feel as though they are supposed to be a type of punishment towards the users who have them.
    Thank you Jesser-pie. In a perfect world where there was little anger and hostility on the internet, we could probably get away with a positive only reputation system. Unfortunately, on a site this large and active, unless people feel some sort of a sense of responsibility for what they say . . . the result can be extremely hostile posts.

While a few folks have learned the hard way that attacking others will result in being tagged "Unhelpful" they can quickly overcome that by not being rude and hostile to others when they are writing their posts.

It is all up the individual poster if they decide to be respectful of others or rude and insensitive.

The helpful/unhelpful posts system is an essential tool in allowing the MiceChatters themselves to be the primary moderators on the site. So far, it seems to be working really well. We are pleased with the results, though any system takes some time to get used to and we are always looking at ways to make little tweaks to make the system work even better.

Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Mickey Ear Biter

Thanks Guys... I understand!
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...